MPQ at Marvel.com: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Options
2»

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I mean, there's one way they can give us a 4* Vulture without giving us Spidey overlap on in the 5* tier.

Instead of being a five-star character, Spidey could be our first s--[[beaten to a pulp by enraged forumites]]
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    I mean, there's one way they can give us a 4* Vulture without giving us Spidey overlap on in the 5* tier.

Instead of being a five-star character, Spidey could be our first s--[[beaten to a pulp by enraged forumites]]
    No! No, no, no, no, no! If that were to happen, I'd go cry in my corner of the interwebz.
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options

Am I missing something here? We don't really a 4* Peter Parker Spider-Man, right? Right?

The one we originally had was demoted to 3*, so my guess is we get a "new" 4* Pete.

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    astrp3 said:
    mkmagius said:
    I interpreted it as 2 boss events. 1 with one set of 3 members of Sinister Six on first date. 1 with other 3 on second date. 

Man, I hope that's the case. If so, does it mean we'll be getting Mysterio, Electro, and Kraven as playable characters? Probably not, but I'd love it.
    I assume the Sinister Six will be Green Goblin, Carnage, Venom, Doc Ock, Sandman, and Vulture.
    Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Bob Goblin, Rob "Zombie" Goblin, Nobbie Goblin, and J. Jonah Jameson
  • Platty616
    Platty616 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wow, more variants of a characters there are already too many variants of in the game, I give up!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    STOPTHIS said:
    astrp3 said:
    mkmagius said:
    I interpreted it as 2 boss events. 1 with one set of 3 members of Sinister Six on first date. 1 with other 3 on second date. 

Man, I hope that's the case. If so, does it mean we'll be getting Mysterio, Electro, and Kraven as playable characters? Probably not, but I'd love it.
    I assume the Sinister Six will be Green Goblin, Carnage, Venom, Doc Ock, Sandman, and Vulture.
    Ah, you may well be right - though I think Goblin and Carnage's alumni status is questionable. According to Wikipedia, Carnage was a member of the Sinister Sixty-Six, a version of the Sinister Six that appeared in the  Spider-Man musical, and the Sinister Sextet of Earth-311. Goblin was in Sinister Twelve, Sinister Sixty-Six, a zombie version of Sinister Six, a version from Earth-803, The Ultimate Six, an animated series, and was teased as a member in the movie Amazing Spider-Man 2 (perhaps his strongest claim MPQ wise - though it wasn't an MCU film).
    I had the same thought about Carnage.  IMO he's the only one from that list really in question.  Kingpin is another possibility for that slot I would think (I'd rather have Carnage though)
  • broll
    edited June 2017
    Options

In another thread (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65757/who-should-be-the-first-6)
    JHawkInc said:
    heybub said:
    broll said:
    It will be a variant we already have 4 or 5 of like Spider-man or Iron Man because we all know that's what they're gonna do...

The first 5* was Silver Surfer, who was completely unique, so maybe they'd do the same with a  6*.  
    6* Captain Universe Spider-Man? Both a variant AND someone completely unique.

Though for real, 6*S will ruin this game. 5*s were designed from the release to be end-game content, and this game already has mis-management problems with the roster (1*s and 2*s are virtually useless, vaulting away half the 3*s and most of the 4*s, poor availability of 5*s, etc). Adding another tier at this point would probably be disastrous.

Here we come Captain Universe Spider-Man!

In all seriousness I'd be really surprised if we didn't get 4* Spider-Man(Homecoming) & 5*/3* Vulture ( or 5*/4*/3* Vulture  :o )
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kaeyne said:

Am I missing something here? We don't really [?] a 4* Peter Parker Spider-Man, right? Right?

The one we originally had was demoted to 3*, so my guess is we get a "new" 4* Pete.

I think you're a word there.

Spider-Man (classic) has always been a 3*, which at the time of his release was the highest tier of play (minus invisible woman?)
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,593 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We still don't have the one and only true Spider-Man: Ben Reilly! (runs for cover)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    We still don't have the one and only true Spider-Man: Ben Reilly! (runs for cover)
    I'm guessing since they are making Hobo variants of preexisting characters, we'll get hobo-spiderman.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    Wouldn't that be Scarlet Spider? 

pheregas said:
    I'm guessing since they are making Hobo variants of preexisting characters, we'll get hobo-spiderman.

We already have Bag-Man. He was the original Hobo-variant, imo
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:

In another thread (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65757/who-should-be-the-first-6)
    JHawkInc said:
    heybub said:
    broll said:
    It will be a variant we already have 4 or 5 of like Spider-man or Iron Man because we all know that's what they're gonna do...

The first 5* was Silver Surfer, who was completely unique, so maybe they'd do the same with a  6*.  

Though for real, 6*S will ruin this game. 5*s were designed from the release to be end-game content, and this game already has mis-management problems with the roster (1*s and 2*s are virtually useless, vaulting away half the 3*s and most of the 4*s, poor availability of 5*s, etc). Adding another tier at this point would probably be disastrous.

In all seriousness I'd be really surprised if we didn't get 4* Spider-Man(Homecoming) & 5*/3* Vulture ( or 5*/4*/3* Vulture  :o )
    I'd love a 3*/5* Vulture (one in the fuzzy green suit, the other with the badass MCU wingspan), or a 4*/5* Peter (if they're going to insist on a 5*, they could use the Stark Suit and the Homemade Suit as an excuse to give us a 4* that some of us will actually be able to use).

But all evidence points towards 5* Spidey (launching alongside the boss event, July 6th), and a 4* Vulture (launching between boss events, like a normal release, and having his own PVP event).

Alfje17 said:
    He was also The Sensational Spider-Man when he took over for Peter for a bit.
  • broll
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    broll said:

JHawkInc said:
    heybub said:
    broll said:

I'd love a 3*/5* Vulture (one in the fuzzy green suit, the other with the badass MCU wingspan), or a 4*/5* Peter (if they're going to insist on a 5*, they could use the Stark Suit and the Homemade Suit as an excuse to give us a 4* that some of us will actually be able to use).

But all evidence points towards 5* Spidey (launching alongside the boss event, July 6th), and a 4* Vulture (launching between boss events, like a normal release, and having his own PVP event).

Alfje17 said:
    He was also The Sensational Spider-Man when he took over for Peter for a bit.
    Not all the evidence.  You're basing that just on past history of the event.  Counter evidence is we had 5* Doc Ock, then Sand-man, if they follow their typical release pattern it will be another 4* (which would be Spider-Man based on the order in the article) then 5* (Vulture).

They're going to break one pattern or the other, we'll just have to see which.  The 5-4-4 release cycle seems a lot more consistent than anything related to Boss events which have varied wildly in their history (but are also way more spread out)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't mind a 5 followed by a 5/3. A respite from the constant call of new 4* for ISO. I'm looking at C&D, Devil Dinosaur, and War Machine, with a possible draw from the Venom rework, all very soon. I mean, I could skip Dino, but that's 3 covers wasted from resupply on a solid Sim troll.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options
    On the subject of all things spider, the new season brings a decent upgrade to Spiderman at last , meaning I can finally get to use him in this game !!

Would have posted on the discussion but Brigby seems to have closed the subject. 

I'm really looking forward to this event now and the movie release. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for that spectator , very useful :)
  • Shin Tenma
    Shin Tenma Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The Sinister Six for MPQ are: Green Goblin, 5* Doc Ock, V4nom, Carnage, Sandman, and the new Vulture.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm thinking we get a Peter Parker that works like 5* Hulk. It's Peter until he's needed to jump into battle. Maybe a spider sense ability
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm thinking we get a Peter Parker that works like 5* Hulk. It's Peter until he's needed to jump into battle. Maybe a spider sense ability
    Come to think of it, Black Panthers red would've fit in great as a Spider Sense ability.