MPQ at Marvel.com: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited June 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
'Spider-Man: Homecoming' swings into theaters, as well as into Marvel Puzzle Quest!

Learn more about it in Marvel's article: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Arrives On Marvel Games

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds cool.  When can we expect more specifics (how the boss event will work, aka is it Civil War meets Boss Rush, details on the new characters, event rewards, etc.)
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I interpreted it as 2 boss events. 1 with one set of 3 members of Sinister Six on first date. 1 with other 3 on second date. 
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mkmagius said:
    I interpreted it as 2 boss events. 1 with one set of 3 members of Sinister Six on first date. 1 with other 3 on second date. 

Man, I hope that's the case. If so, does it mean we'll be getting Mysterio, Electro, and Kraven as playable characters? Probably not, but I'd love it.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It sounds like a straight Civil War event to me, rather than a Civil Rush hybrid event. My guess is the first run will be versus Boss versions of Goblin and Doc Oct, and the second run will replace one of them with Vulture. I persinally doubt we're getting a second 5piderman. We may have to Venoms in the 4* zone, but that seems like a very different case, since the host is different in this case.

If it is like I think, and Vulture is a Boss/replacement Boss, then he's very likely a 3/5 to maintain the tradition of 5*s getting Boss versions. I don't remember any of the Bosses from Boss Rush being lower than 5* characters.

If they expect us to go through an alliance event to recruit Spider-Man, it greatly improves my hope that Old Spidey is finally getting the much desired rework the community has been asking for. What, then, can we expect to earn from rounds 5, 6, and 7? Miles and Spider Gwen maybe? Spider Woman and... and, uh... they wouldn't make it Agent Venom again, would they? I guess the second run doesn't have to be directly related.

Well, more news later. Now just waiting for the Sneak Peek update.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @broll Unfortunately I don't have any additional information, aside from what the article mentions, nor do I know what the time-frame is for any updates. Once I hear of any news, I'll be sure to pass that along to the community though! 

@zodiac339 I just finished updating the Sneak Peek a few minutes ago ;)

• mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The article mentions pvp featuring Vulture. That would mean 4*. Unless they just skip 5* release then Spidey would be 5*. I'm not terribly excited about this since my only 5* is BSSM. Unless the unlikely chance I could run both together.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby When the article states that we can recruit Spiderman starting July 6th, is that a new Spidey?  
  • Brigby
    Options
    @pheregas
    Yup! Not only will players get a new Spider-Man, but also Vulture, as upcoming additions to the MPQ family of characters.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @broll Unfortunately I don't have any additional information, aside from what the article mentions, nor do I know what the time-frame is for any updates. Once I hear of any news, I'll be sure to pass that along to the community though! 

@Brigby Yeah, while I was doing all that typing. Medusa versus ninjas. I'm happy.

Hmm, maybe we're looking at Spider Man 2099 then as a 5*? I'm just really hoping to not have 2 Peter Parkers in the same tier. With the rarity of 5*s, it just feels hurtful to not be able to use any 2 of them together.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Brigby said:

@Brigby Yeah, while I was doing all that typing. Medusa versus ninjas. I'm happy.

Hmm, maybe we're looking at Spider Man 2099 then as a 5*? I'm just really hoping to not have 2 Peter Parkers in the same tier. With the rarity of 5*s, it just feels hurtful to not be able to use any 2 of them together.
    I personally am expecting homecoming spiderman as a 4* I don't believe we have a peter parker at 4* level.
  • zodiac339
    edited June 2017
    Options
    zulux21 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Brigby said:

I personally am expecting homecoming spiderman as a 4* I don't believe we have a peter parker at 4* level.
    The lack of a new PVP featuring a Spider Man decreases the likelihood of a new 4* Spidey. It may just not have been mentioned of course.

Hmm, a five with first recruitment in a CW style event? Any chance of this being like the original CW run and actually giving a guaranteed 5* cover for round 8 instead of a token? Hope springs eternal?

EDIT: Looking forward to the next patch preview hint.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spidey probably a 5*...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    zulux21 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Brigby said:

The lack of a new PVP featuring a Spider Man decreases the likelihood of a new 4* Spidey. It may just not have been mentioned of course.

Hmm, a five with first recruitment in a CW style event? Any chance of this being like the original CW run and actually giving a guaranteed 5* cover for round 8 instead of a token? Hope springs eternal?

EDIT: Looking forward to the next patch preview hint.
    Probably not. We got lucky with Civil War the first time around, where both Cap and IM were available. Next run I believe had tokens for them instead (the special 5* tokens with a 10% chance of that one 5* character). They've run Civil War for release for Widow and Panther, I believe, both with their special tokens. Odds are it would be something like that.

Though, to be fair, Spidey is the big time. If any character would go BACK to the more generous "actually get a 5* from progression during a boss event" style, it would be Spidey. But I expect it'll be a special "Homecoming" purple token.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    mkmagius said:

Man, I hope that's the case. If so, does it mean we'll be getting Mysterio, Electro, and Kraven as playable characters? Probably not, but I'd love it.
    I assume the Sinister Six will be Green Goblin, Carnage, Venom, Doc Ock, Sandman, and Vulture.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They could do a 5/3 Vulture release with the 3* Vulture Pvp, 4* Peter Parker without pvp event
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    astrp3 said:
    mkmagius said:

I assume the Sinister Six will be Green Goblin, Carnage, Venom, Doc Ock, Sandman, and Vulture.
    Ah, you may well be right - though I think Goblin and Carnage's alumni status is questionable. According to Wikipedia, Carnage was a member of the Sinister Sixty-Six, a version of the Sinister Six that appeared in the  Spider-Man musical, and the Sinister Sextet of Earth-311. Goblin was in Sinister Twelve, Sinister Sixty-Six, a zombie version of Sinister Six, a version from Earth-803, The Ultimate Six, an animated series, and was teased as a member in the movie Amazing Spider-Man 2 (perhaps his strongest claim MPQ wise - though it wasn't an MCU film).
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    STOPTHIS said:
    astrp3 said:
    mkmagius said:

Ah, you may well be right - though I think Goblin and Carnage's alumni status is questionable. According to Wikipedia, Carnage was a member of the Sinister Sixty-Six, a version of the Sinister Six that appeared in the  Spider-Man musical, and the Sinister Sextet of Earth-311. Goblin was in Sinister Twelve, Sinister Sixty-Six, a zombie version of Sinister Six, a version from Earth-803, The Ultimate Six, an animated series, and was teased as a member in the movie Amazing Spider-Man 2 (perhaps his strongest claim MPQ wise - though it wasn't an MCU film).
    And the MPQ Sinister Six will have its own unique roster so none of that matters. (I don't mean for that to be rude, just pointing out the practical applications; if the "Sinister Six" is a team-up of six Spidey villains, it makes sense to use the Spidey villains available, rather than trying to push for a roster that completely matches one of the comic versions of the team; it's easier to throw Goblin/Venom/Carnage on the team than to try to release Kraven/Mysterio/Electro or others)

I know people WANT Kraven/Mysterio/Electro (I'd kill for a good Mysterio, he just seems like he'd be perfect for some interesting game mechanics), but throwing together what we have means we can have a Sinister Six event now, with the movie, instead of sometime next year (because if they kept releasing Spidey villains to fill out the team, people would riot).
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doc Ock, Eddie Brock, Carnage, Green Goblin and Sandman all have Sinister Six affiliation in their bio now
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

I know people WANT Kraven/Mysterio/Electro (I'd kill for a good Mysterio, he just seems like he'd be perfect for some interesting game mechanics), but throwing together what we have means we can have a Sinister Six event now, with the movie, instead of sometime next year (because if they kept releasing Spidey villains to fill out the team, people would riot).
    Haven't we all been clamoring for a bunch more villains, and new non-variant characters? No? Ok. 4* Bullseye (Colin Farrell). You're welcome. ;)

And besides, I can just see the discontent rising every month that there still aren't six "sinister six" characters.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Well, I guess it's nice to have confirmation that there's going to be a SM:H tie-in (but we all pretty much figured there would be, anyway).  I look forward to more (useful) details like: Spidey and Vulture characters' info, how the new event will work, etc.