MPQ Conspiracy Theories

Options
13»

Comments

• MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well everyone knows that the computer knows what color tiles are going to drop off the top of the screen, right?  That is how it gets so many cascades.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If I need one green match RIGHT THERE to let me chomp on my last opponent(s) to heal Bl4de on the way out of the match, grabbing it will set off a cascade that will take out my opponents on that turn.
  • chitown021
    chitown021 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Oh yeah, the computer really knows how to **** ya! Especially in pvp. Now I know I don't have the most powerful team yet as I'm just starting my 4* run, but I'll be damned if the computer doesn't almost always get the Cascades/ colors they need and constantly block the ones I'm after.
  • 0zfest
    0zfest Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Every aspect of this game is designed to hinder your progress in the hopes you spend real money,
    Anyone who tries to tell you different is either employed by d3 or benefiting in some way.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Latest, imo, is that elites have been severally nerfed to provide more 2s than 3s. Just like the 2 pvp secret nerf, I think people were pulling way too many 3s from Elites and BH along with it.

Lately, 1 out of ten pulls have been 3 stars and BH rates have dropped dramatically because of that.

Probably confirmation bias but makes a good conspiracy theory.
  • MaskedMan
    Options
    In the next "Original" story line will be used to create a 2 week event!  In this 1* Venom, 2* Bullseye, 2* Daken, 1* Yelena and 2* Moonstone fall into a cloning machine and Hammered again and again by unending waves of the same foes over and over...

or did we do that already?
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The game uses the altitude measurement from the GPS to determine when I'm sitting on the can. Because that's when I get pooped on the most.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I do feel like 3* and BH from Elites have slowed a little, but I opened about 33 tokens from the Homecoming store chasing 5pidey, and got 5 4* BH. Then a few days later, I got another 4* BH from pulling a Coulson cover from 3* Blade's PvP token store. Six 4* BH covers in the span of a week, when my TOTAL since the system began up to that point was seven. I know it's RNG, but it does seem to rubber band at times. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After performing incredible tile-matching gymnastics to line up a match next turn to eliminate a powerful enemy countdown tile right before it fires, the AI will pull out a pocket Hood Intimidation team-up.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    Here's one for you kooks!  **I say that in jest, fyi!  Obviously, I'm wearing a tin-foil hat too if I'm here posting.  >=]

I noticed that when you, the player, have special tiles on the board.  Incoming tiles will drop in such a way to remove them.  This pattern is so consistent that I can now accurately predict the color and exact placement of incoming tiles, I'd guesstimate somewhere in the neighborhood of, about 30% of the time (give-or-take +/-5%).

That might not seem like a lot, but when you consider the amount of matches played and the number of incoming board drops--that's a lot, if you play DDQ, PvE, & PvP.  PvE, for progression alone, means a minimum of 36 matches daily and depending on the events, where they have those extra single-match nodes with essential characters, more than that, coupled with whatever PvP and DDQ, you're talking a minimum of 42+ matches daily.

For example, with the recent PvP event with Thanos...I found it particularly rare that a Thanos (green countdown tile for massive team dmg) would ever expire naturally, without being removed first.  I think the only times I was able to get it to fire was by artificially intervening, using Carol's yellow to trigger it in advance of its natural time.  It happened enough that I would imagine it's a common experience for many and would be a testament unto itself, but who knows--maybe it was just my RNG lot.

I play with a lot of special-tile characters, favoring a roster of Carol Danvers/Medusa/Beast.  So there are always a couple tiles, especially buffed ones that are the main impetus for the efficacy of that team dynamic, you don't want to see removed from the board but more often than not, they inevitably are.  But with Carol's yellow and Beast (max blue only being a 1-turn countdown), timing the combination of countdown's expiring to trigger carol's max-yellow passive, will often mean the opponent team won't even have enough time to deal with the devastating effect before they're wiped.  But that's more the exception than the norm so the usual experience is having the good tiles removed, probably about 65% of the time I'd guess.

I know the cascades are definitely nerfed for players and even then most of the time when I do get a cascade it occurs in DDQ or the early nodes of PvE where it's not even meaningful because the enemy team is usually wiped by match dmg before you can even accumulate enough AP to even fire an ability.

I think it's kind of shady that the pattern is restricted (for the most part) to that part of the game when it's more meaningful for the player to get them in PvP or the hard nodes of PvE.  GOD forbid the devs let a dog have its day in the sun tho.
  • MaskedMan
    Options
    The only way to use Thanos green power is against NPCs who don't make matches or if you also have Goblin to refortify it after every turn.  Otherwise the power description changes to "Dump 12 green tiles to no real effect". 
  • chitown021
    chitown021 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Latest, imo, is that elites have been severally nerfed to provide more 2s than 3s. Just like the 2 pvp secret nerf, I think people were pulling way too many 3s from Elites and BH along with it.

Lately, 1 out of ten pulls have been 3 stars and BH rates have dropped dramatically because of that.

Probably confirmation bias but makes a good conspiracyDapptastic said:
    Here's one for you kooks!  **I say that in jest, fyi!  Obviously, I'm wearing a tin-foil hat too if I'm here posting.  >=]

I noticed that when you, the player, have special tiles on the board.  Incoming tiles will drop in such a way to remove them.  This pattern is so consistent that I can now accurately predict the color and exact placement of incoming tiles, I'd guesstimate somewhere in the neighborhood of, about 30% of the time (give-or-take +/-5%).

That might not seem like a lot, but when you consider the amount of matches played and the number of incoming board drops--that's a lot, if you play DDQ, PvE, & PvP.  PvE, for progression alone, means a minimum of 36 matches daily and depending on the events, where they have those extra single-match nodes with essential characters, more than that, coupled with whatever PvP and DDQ, you're talking a minimum of 42+ matches daily.

For example, with the recent PvP event with Thanos...I found it particularly rare that a Thanos (green countdown tile for massive team dmg) would ever expire naturally, without being removed first.  I think the only times I was able to get it to fire was by artificially intervening, using Carol's yellow to trigger it in advance of its natural time.  It happened enough that I would imagine it's a common experience for many and would be a testament unto itself, but who knows--maybe it was just my RNG lot.

I play with a lot of special-tile characters, favoring a roster of Carol Danvers/Medusa/Beast.  So there are always a couple tiles, especially buffed ones that are the main impetus for the efficacy of that team dynamic, you don't want to see removed from the board but more often than not, they inevitably are.  But with Carol's yellow and Beast (max blue only being a 1-turn countdown), timing the combination of countdown's expiring to trigger carol's max-yellow passive, will often mean the opponent team won't even have enough time to deal with the devastating effect before they're wiped.  But that's more the exception than the norm so the usual experience is having the good tiles removed, probably about 65% of the time I'd guess.

I know the cascades are definitely nerfed for players and even then most of the time when I do get a cascade it occurs in DDQ or the early nodes of PvE where it's not even meaningful because the enemy team is usually wiped by match dmg before you can even accumulate enough AP to even fire an ability.

I think it's kind of shady that the pattern is restricted (for the most part) to that part of the game when it's more meaningful for the player to get them in PvP or the hard nodes of PvE.  GOD forbid the devs let a dog have its day in the sun tho.
    Yes this 100% I notice it especially when I'm using 3* Scarlet Witch to try and generate a bunch of pink tiles with her alacart incantation power, or whatever it's called. Somehow the computer almost always finds a way to nerf Scarlets blue countdown tiles in a number of fucktasticly fun ways!  1) place the tile right next to two blues on the board eliminating it immediately 2) Places it within a move of a bunch of blue tiles so it can be matched away in a move or two 3) any of their board reshuffling moves (ones that knock off a handful of "random" tiles) always seem to hit my countdown tile. I wouldn't doubt if my success rate in having her AA power actually go off is like in the 20% range. It's so infuriating! 

What's also fun is when the computer uses Scarlet and they fire AA their countdown tiles pop up in the corner far away from where I can match them. Same goes for any heroes/villians with this kind of attack. DareDevil drives me nuts as well with his ambush red tiles. It never fails, there can be a huge cluster of reds on one side of the board but, oh how about that, let's put the trap on the lone red tile in the bottom left hand corner so nobody will match it! GRRR! 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tph_james said:
    When loki and Jean grey as the opponents, board will always start with some match-4 or match 5.

Can confirm

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    smkspy said:

Yes this 100% I notice it especially when I'm using 3* Scarlet Witch to try and generate a bunch of pink tiles with her alacart incantation power, or whatever it's called. Somehow the computer almost always finds a way to nerf Scarlets blue countdown tiles in a number of fucktasticly fun ways!  1) place the tile right next to two blues on the board eliminating it immediately 2) Places it within a move of a bunch of blue tiles so it can be matched away in a move or two 3) any of their board reshuffling moves (ones that knock off a handful of "random" tiles) always seem to hit my countdown tile. I wouldn't doubt if my success rate in having her AA power actually go off is like in the 20% range. It's so infuriating! 

What's also fun is when the computer uses Scarlet and they fire AA their countdown tiles pop up in the corner far away from where I can match them. Same goes for any heroes/villians with this kind of attack. DareDevil drives me nuts as well with his ambush red tiles. It never fails, there can be a huge cluster of reds on one side of the board but, oh how about that, let's put the trap on the lone red tile in the bottom left hand corner so nobody will match it! GRRR! 
    yeah, I know what you mean.  When consistent patterns emerge--that is not random.  In fact, that is quite the opposite of random.  And I bet if you took a poll, we'd find that it's commonplace to find player's abilities defeated so handily.

I think the R-N-G aspect of the dev code is very suspect.  I think it is quite bold to peddle the notion that tile drops are "random" when they clearly aren't.

I think it would be great if the tile drops were truly random like they were in year-1 of the game, I mean it was entirely possible for a turn-1 cascade to destroy your entire team or vice versa.  They didn't have the diminishing match-damage effect we have now.  And cascades routinely went beyond 3 consecutive matches for or against you...genuine representation of randomness.

This is a conspiracy theory unto itself, but I don't think it's a theory--we should call a spade a spade, and nobody is fooled by the patterns embedded in the 1s-and-0s of the developer code to defeat player abilities so handily but not return the same courtesy.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:

yeah, I know what you mean.  When consistent patterns emerge--that is not random.  In fact, that is quite the opposite of random.  And I bet if you took a poll, we'd find that it's commonplace to find player's abilities defeated so handily.

I think the R-N-G aspect of the dev code is very suspect.  I think it is quite bold to peddle the notion that tile drops are "random" when they clearly aren't.

I think it would be great if the tile drops were truly random like they were in year-1 of the game, I mean it was entirely possible for a turn-1 cascade to destroy your entire team or vice versa.  They didn't have the diminishing match-damage effect we have now.  And cascades routinely went beyond 3 consecutive matches for or against you...genuine representation of randomness.

This is a conspiracy theory unto itself, but I don't think it's a theory--we should call a spade a spade, and nobody is fooled by the patterns embedded in the 1s-and-0s of the developer code to defeat player abilities so handily but not return the same courtesy.
    Actually, randomness often provides patterns, by its very nature. Getting something with a genuine lack of patterns is actually quite difficult. The issue arises because humans are really good at pattern recognition. We developed that ability because patterns often do mean things, sometimes very important things, but it also leads to us giving more importance to patterns that are generated randomly. Apophenia and confirmation bias are the major parts of this, psychologically speaking. The asymmetrical impact of these (i.e. AI cascades are more bad for us than Player cascades are good for us) feeds into it as well.

This was on my mind, because this afternoon, I got hit by one of those where the enemy team cascades into 3 Match-5s in a row, but then the very next Turn, I got 3 Match-5s in a row. It does happen both ways.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This thread was buried by MPQ to stop it's proliferation.... I searched so long for it that I forgot the original theory.........
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you find a really successful team and keep using them as your go-to team, you will start getting really bad board setups for them repeatedly.