MPQ Conspiracy Theories

Options
purplemur
purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
What MPQ Conspiracy Theories do you believe in?

-the retina scan screen can tell where your finger is hovering and will match away your next move. see also: mouse
why else would the AI match a color that it can't use?

-BH exploit cheat was an inside job
somebody knows somebody who said something and has been covering ever since. I heard about a guy who has a computer science degree and he says that it couldn't have happened if the code wasn't weakened first

-CS is just one person
just hope s/he's had their coffee today

-brigby is a BOT
how else can he remain so helpful and cheerful all the time? shouldn't he have snapped all over a release update thread by now?

-vaulting:

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cascades (and gem drops generally) are rigged in favor of the house.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They don't make any new villains because the dark avengers are perfect to rob you of your health packs see outburst,  devour and headbutt.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The AI knows what matches will trigger cascades and hints you away from them if you're taking too long to find a match.

Proof: 1) The AI gets more "continuing from off screen" cascades than I do. 2) When I don't take the AI's hinted move and choose something else, I end up with a cascade a significant percentage of the time. When I do take the AI's hinted move it almost never results in a cascade for me. And if it does, it's a mini-burst that leaves them with a nice 5 tile match all lined up!
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Orion said:
    Switch's passive scans the board for a match-4 in your colors or a match-5 and places her countdown to ruin it.

I don't care what anyone says, I'll believe this until I stop playing.
    Absosmurfly, 100% w/o question, this is correct.  Or it'll just place it so there's an immediate blue match and 'poof'.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am 100% sure that the AI knows which match I want to make and whenever Switch is on either team generates her CD in exactly the place I was going to match. I think a combination of reading my eye patterns and secret finger conductive mind reading tools is how its done
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I believe the AI knows what tiles will fall in what position and makes matches that will give them cascades, totally.

I was just playing a match and Rags used his power to charge a couple green tiles. Here's the display:
    C x G
    x G x
    x G x

There are two different matches that match the Charged green tile, giving the AI more damage and green as, but it matched the three non-charged green tiles, resulting in a cascade of a match 5 (actually it was a match 7, but, ya know). So...why would the AI not match a charged tile? Do they not register a charged tile differently in their code?
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Juggernaut's Unstoppable Crash specifically targets your tiles, particularly IM40's Recharge.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "They" aren't really listening 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All of this grinding in PVE with 5-minute matches due to ridiculously high scaling is really just an attempt for them to give me some form of tendonitis.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A good two score of posters who adamantly defend bad changes are d3 bots!!