Who are your current Bonus Heroes and why?

13»

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    5* OML (1/1/0)
    4* X-23 (4/2/2)
    3* Dr. Strange (level 194)

Reasons:
    5* I set OML as soon as BH was available. IF I ever draw a 5* BH I want it to be the original I selected. 

4* Not sure this will make sense typed out but here it is: She's the best/closest to 13 covers I have that doesn't have 5 in any color and isn't a latest 12. If she hits 5 in a color she goes off the list until further notice. 

3* I've changed this so much it doesn't matter. I'm sure it will change again. Currently, my decision is to just get the 3* that I use the most up to 266. That's the reasoning for Strange. Previous reasons have been: a) getting a cover from a champ level to champ a 4* and b) trying to get a 3* up to the level I need to get a cover to bring a particular 4* closer to champ level.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    I have a bunch of 5* heroes, but it doesn't matter because I'm hoarding now.

4* - Just RHulk. He's a beast! I'd love to get him up to a very high level.

3* - All of my 3*s who have lv 247 or higher. I'm setting up clones for them to get to 13 levels. Once the clone hits 13 levels, I level the original up to 266. Then I champion the clone and start over! Once I'm starting over, I un-like the original.

Thus, my 3* champ farm so far is like this:

Finished and clone championed (thus no longer BH): R&G, SW, Patch

Still BH, with clone at 13 covers or less: 

NameCovers Champ Level
    LCap13266
    GSBW13259
    KK13253
    Mags13251
    MoStorm13251
    BP13248
    IM4012249
    LC12248
    DD9248
    The Hulk9247
    Spidey8247
    CapMarv7247
    LDaken6247
    IF6247
    LThor4247
    SG1247

• MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    5* I have Thanos flagged because I want his purple power but apparently this is dreaming as I haven't gotten a bonus 5 * yet. Lots of "1 Card Wonders" though.

For 4*s characters, because of the changes to vaults most of my bonus heros are to get heros with 11-13 cards championed for some reason my getting them close seems to be the key factor in moving them out of circulation.

3* Doctor Strange was only 3* bonus for a long time.  Fell in love with him immediately and he is my second highest 3* (231) at this point just based on random draws and bonus heros.

• PFellah
    PFellah Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    3-Star: Since I'm still building the roster, I pretty much focus on hero points, so anyone who's within 2 levels of a HP level gets the bump. Same thing with bonus covers. Once I have all the 4s and 5s rostered, I might switch to a more conventional "pick a few favorites" strategy.

4-Star: Kind of a High-Low strategy. I have three champed 4s (Gwenpool, Mordo, Coulson) so I marked those, and I also prioritize anyone who doesn't have at least one cover in each power.

5-Star: Black Bolt. Of the 5s I have, he's the one I find most intriguing. 
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    3*: Hulk and Gamora: Both these characters significantly benefit from being the highest level character. I used to have this as Dr. Stange, since he's the only 3* I still consistently use, but he's getting close enough to maxing out that I decided to stop that. 

4*: Drax, Moonknight and Kate Bishop. I like all these characters, and they're all undercovered, particularly Drax. I debate dropping Moon Knight now and then, because while he's my favorite, I really do not need to go through getting yet another black cover for him, when he's already 5/2/3.

5*: Jean Grey / Phoenix. Long ago, when I just did not have enough roster slots, I threw away a Phoenix green cover. And now I have a 0/4/2 Phoenix. Until I get a green cover, I will be filled with angst about that missing color, even if 5* characters still aren't all that useful to me.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    3* is pvp event based, now Iron Man.

4* is the most valuable character of the boost week for pvp purposes. At the moment Agent Venom (305). Will run him with either Fist (278) or Deadpool (274) next week, don't have Fury champed.

5* is the one i have more covers, Cap (9 covers).
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* is currently any that will give me HP for their next champion level (currently 5 characters)

4* is Captain Marvel and Medusa.  I'm just starting to focus on the 4* tier, and those two are annoying to fight against.

5* is currently Hawkeye, since he seemed the most interesting of the three newest.  That will probably change when he is moved to classics.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    3* is Sentry because i need the Moonknight cover.
    4* is Cloak and Dagger because thats tbe best 4* i do not ha e champed yet.
    5* is Black Widow because.......because.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Beer40 said:
    5* OML (1/1/0)
    4* X-23 (4/2/2)
    3* Dr. Strange (level 194)

Reasons:
    5* I set OML as soon as BH was available. IF I ever draw a 5* BH I want it to be the original I selected. 

4* Not sure this will make sense typed out but here it is: She's the best/closest to 13 covers I have that doesn't have 5 in any color and isn't a latest 12. If she hits 5 in a color she goes off the list until further notice. 

3* I've changed this so much it doesn't matter. I'm sure it will change again. Currently, my decision is to just get the 3* that I use the most up to 266. That's the reasoning for Strange. Previous reasons have been: a) getting a cover from a champ level to champ a 4* and b) trying to get a 3* up to the level I need to get a cover to bring a particular 4* closer to champ level.
    After getting X-23 to (4/5/2), rolling the dice and getting an unusable Teen Jean cover, rolling the dice again and getting an unusable Ice Man cover (which really **** me because I made several bad decisions based on that so it wouldn't be unusable), I then switched to Lady Thor (3/4/3).
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Pretty much all vaulted 3*s, they're all champed (minus SL) and I like keeping the tier together.
    Have most 4*s that don't have 5 in 2 colors. So I'm playing a little risky, had to sell a TAHulk that is 5/2/3. Also have a couple at 279 favorited to give me that 280 LT.
    Most low covered 5*s are favorited.
    I'm not using BH as intended probably, but I don't like using it to target something specific since it feels so infrequent. I like using it as just a bonus, not as a real progression strategy.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    5* is Strange. He was my only 5* when Bonus Heroes were announced. Then he was 0/1/0, now 4/2/5. Will change once I finish covering it or get another color to 5. I don't care if I pull an useless cover as I don't really use the 5*s.

4* are those missing one cover and only have one cover at 5. Until some days ago it was Peggy, Coulson, and Wasp. Now it's only Wasp, who already has a cover in queue.

3* is Starlord. I faved him to cover him, at first. Now that he's covered, I keep him so I can get it to 183, to get the last cover for my 5/5/2 Starlord, who has a cover of a different color coming in a couple weeks in SHIELD Supply.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    5* is Dr. Strange. He's 1/1/3 and I'd like to get him a little more evened out. 

4* is Iceman. He's 3/2/1. Except for one of the blue covers, which came from getting Mystique to 183, these have all been from BH. Definitely want to get him fully covered, but at the very least a few more covers to hopefully get past his Crash. 

3* is Gamora. She's at Level 199 and I'm desperately trying to get her to 223 for the yellow Star-Lord cover. He's 1/0/4.

I have a handful of vaulted 4*s that are missing just one cover. I'm planning on using Heroes for Hire to get Spider-Gwen's red cover, since she isn't a 3* champ reward. I might do the same thing for Drax's red, but 3* Rocket and Groot (Level 223) might get to 265 first. After that, just need to get Hulk (Level 203) to 223 for Chulk's blue.

Having said that, Doc Ock and Hood are just a few covers from 183, so after Gamora I might select both of them until they hit that mark. Since I get Hulk covers from farming Moonstone, I'm leaning towards picking Psylocke to get from 190 to 223 for the blue cover for my 5/5/2 Peggy. Of course, there's always the 120 CP option, but I'm hoarding right now and don't want to disrupt that. Last resort will be HfH in about two months, since I just used it for her yellow cover.
    My 4* is Spider-Gwen now, as another BH made Iceman 4/2/1. Since the Heroes for Hire debacle screwed me out of SG's red cover, BH is basically my best shot for getting her red cover for the time being. I'll probably switch back to Iceman at some point, as I would like more blue covers, but I figure at this point he maybe, might have a shot at winning his Crash at the very least.

I added Rocket and Groot to the 3* level. Want to get the Drax red cover at 265 before their rewards are changed, but that's 40 covers. Not sure that's realistic. Was gonna also use HfH to get this cover, and I suppose I still can. I'll just have to wait about eight months instead of less than two. :neutral: