Who are your current Bonus Heroes and why?

broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
Mine are currently:
5* - Thanos (2/3/2)
4* - Ghost Rider (2/3/4)
3* - Deadpool (L227) & Ragnarok (L201)

Reasons:
5* - I've changed my 5* a lot based on my mood, but I hoard so much I've only seen 1 5* BH since it came out.  I currently have Thanos selected for 3 reasons:
1.  He's one of the best ones.
2.  He's my second most covered with 7 covers (most is Black Panther with 4/4/0)
3.  He's one of the most even covered making him the least likely to hit a 5 in any color anytime soon (this is one of the prime reasons I don't have BP selected).

4* - My rule on 4*s is I look at all my non-champed vaulted 4*s that do not have 5 covers in any color.  I then order those by rank and select the top one.  Doing this method I got my Cho Hulk to 4/4/4 (I unselected him because I don't really want to champ him soon, got too many things to spend ISO on and with 4/4/4 next time he's features I'll have 13 regardless of color).

3* - My rule on 3*s is to select 3*s whose next 4* cover from champ rewards provide a usable cover for a top tier vaulted character that isn't champed.  Deadpool will give me the 13th for 4* Deadpool and Rag will give me the 13th for X-23.  When I first implemented this model I had 6 3*s champed, but as covers have been achieved (or I got them from other sources) I dropped those 3*s out.  Once both of these 2 drop, I will switch to ones that offer usable covers for any non-champed regardless of rank.  After that I'll point to top tier champed (but those are a long way away).

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    5*s, short term goal is to get at least one cover of every power, so I can play around with them on trivial nodes when I'm bored. Still need purple for Spidey/Phoenix, red for Panther, blue/yellow for Strange, and blue for Banner. (since the odds are higher for pulling them in their token, I don't treat the Latest Legends this way, but if they rotate out of packs and I'm still missing a color, I'll add them to my BH list) Not sure what I'll do once I hit that goal. Not interested in shifting into 5* territory yet, you know?

3*s, Star Lord. I set my lowest as my Bonus to bring them up. Star Lord is in the 180's or so, next lowest is over 200, with a few approaching max. Once he catches up, I'll add the others in the lower 200's (like 201-205) as BH, and remove them as they level out of that range. Once they're all 205+, reset to 206-210, rinse and repeat. So most of my BH go to the newest 3*, or to pulling up the vaulted 3*s that aren't advancing with the rest of my roster.

4*s, used to also be Star Lord. He was my first 4* champ. And currently, he's 292. Next several champs are Mordo (287), Gwenpool, and Agent Venom (both 286). Bonus was set to Star Lord literally to keep him in front. It's depressing that my first (and possibly favorite) 4* is about to be surpassed by several characters I hate, because vaulting has dictated who I am and am not allowed to pull covers for.

But recently I started to catch up on the latest 12. 9/12 champed, Carol, Rocket & Groot, and Gamora still needing covers. I have most of the ISO ready to champ another one, but nobody ready (I mean, I have 14 vaulted 4*s ready, but since I can't pull champ levels for them, they aren't a priority). So those three are set to BH to increase the chance of getting them fully covered so I can continue towards champing all 12 (at which point no 4* covers will go to waste, since they'll all be champ levels, and that'll be nice to not worry about). Sorta working, I did pull a green Carol, she's 5/1/5 now. Hopefully RNGesus will stop giving me black covers.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Everyone not in tokens.  Since I am only opening tacos and standards it's not like it matter much.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    5* Currently 3-1-3 Hawkeye since I'm pulling classics and like him.  Was Black Bolt til he got 5-2-5 and I don't like those odds.

4* Rocket & Baby Groot.  Currently at 281.  I was able to champ them quickly and want to see how high I can get them since I'll be nearly optimal for their covers post release.  

3* Mystique, Doctor Doom, Loki, Ragnarok, Gamora, Punisher.  I like LRs and they are relatively underlevelled champs.  I'm also in no particular rush to deal with the issue of having level 266s.
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    5*: Hawkeye and Black Bolt. I'm looking for chars that can support my roster without needing ISO (= having amazing passives). Other than that, I'm not interest in the 5* tier (yet), so I don't put too much thought into it.

4*: Right now it's just Punisher to get him into a battle ready state ASAP. But once he is finished, I'll add Prof X, Drax, Quake and Eddie Venom (yes, you read that right) to my favorites. I want them to get ready for their crashes or to have an easier crash (that's why venom is there, his crash against carnage made my blood boil.)

3*: Dr. Strange. I just need 5 more covers to get his red nova award. Then I'll switch to Magneto.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

3* - SL  I have literally 8 purple and green covers in queue and hes sitting at 2 yellow

4* - all retired 4*s that don't have 5 covers in any single color - theres about 6 in this boat...  its realistic to expect to cover all the 4*s eventually as I'm covering all new ones with resources to spare, its just going to take a while.  I can ensure the BH cover in 4*s will go to a retired character and not be wasted while playing the HfH store to even out very poorly balanced heroes covers.

5* - GG I believe...   I think hes the only 5* that I don't have...  just missed him, his release timing was pretty awful, I'd gotten my 1/1/1 OML by the time he retired into classics and I started to hoard, never been a reason to dump a lot of CP into classics since.

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards

3* - Captain Marvel.  The next two 4* CM covers from her will let me champ Carol and I like using 3* Carol to tank for 3* Cyclops, so getting her to 266 first will keep her relevant.  After I max her, I'll shift to Psylocke to champ my Peggy (if you told me I would prioritize 3* Captain Marvel & Psylocke to be my first two 3* max champs 6 months ago...)  This may change if I like the next 3* release, but we'll see....

4* - Cloak & Dagger, Gamora and Rocket & Groot.  All of these are in the 3-6 cover range with no more than 2-3 in any color and I wanted to accelerate my progress with any/all of them.  Most of my higher-covered 4*'s have at least one power at 5 covers.

5* - Hawkeye.  My Hawkeye is only 1/0/1, but my highest-covered 5* is only 2/2/2, so since I'm so far away from 5* territory, Hawkeye seems as good as anyone.  Seems like a fun character to play and the passive is incredibly useful.

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    3* - Mystique because she will get me my final Iceman cover
    4* - C4rol because at 318 she is the highest level top tier character that I don't think I will get to 370 before vaulted (Medusa @ 354, Coulson @ 322)
    5* - Black Bolt because I feel like more champ levels for him might help me to bust through this Panthos meta
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    5* phoenix i am on zero covers but huge fan of the character so..yea kinda stupid of me when i have thanos at 5 covers

4* Carnage (Medusa is my highest level four star champ) , and X23 although not close to champing either at the moment

3* Dr Octupus Psylocke. (Low level vaulted 3*s and would like peggy and carnage covers)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

A 5* who doesn't have 5 covers in any colour.

The 4* who's closest to a multiple of 10 in level.

The 3* who's closest to level 183, 223 or 265 (for 4* cover) or 227, 239, 257 or 266 (LT).

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    5* Cap, because any color will be useful (unless I happen to get a Yellow with a bonus Yellow)

4* Nova, because I love him so

3* Hawkguy, because boomerangs
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    I never pull any so it doesn't matter haha
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    5* Hawk Eye - not sure why and it doesn't matter because I've never gotten a 5* bonus.

4* Cloak & Dagger - I just want to fully cover them (they are 4,2,3). I recently had Drax, but now he's fully covered and I can't spare the Iso.

3* Gamora - she's level 221 and I want the 4* Starlord cover before she gets switched to giving 4* Gamora covers. Not sure who I will switch to soon.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* - none. I'm no where near being in position to roster any 5* without wrecking my scaling. Once the SCL scaling comes into effect, I'll revisit this.

4* - Nova, X-23, Bucky. Nova and X-23 are the two I have that are missing a colour and don't have 5 in any colour. Bucky is just genuinely my favorite :)

3* - Flying Sam, Thor, Storm. Just characters I use a lot, but who are behind the curve of the rest of my 3*. Also Daken and Doc Ock, since I'm reasonably close to getting Covers I want from their Progression rewards.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Green Goblin. I'm hoping for a yellow or black cover - I have fun using him (love the animation/art) even at 0/2/0, so I'd like to experiment a bit more.

4* The inimitable Peggy! She's at 5/2/5, and I have 120 CP banked. If I manage to get lucky and pull a yellow bonus cover, hooray! I saved 120 CP! If not, then spending 120 CP to champ her seems like a reasonable deal, given how top-tier she is.

3* Starlord! He's my only 3-star under level 183, and my 5/3/3 4* Starlord will love that yummy fourth red cover.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* is Dr. Strange. He's 1/1/3 and I'd like to get him a little more evened out. 

4* is Iceman. He's 3/2/1. Except for one of the blue covers, which came from getting Mystique to 183, these have all been from BH. Definitely want to get him fully covered, but at the very least a few more covers to hopefully get past his Crash. 

3* is Gamora. She's at Level 199 and I'm desperately trying to get her to 223 for the yellow Star-Lord cover. He's 1/0/4.

I have a handful of vaulted 4*s that are missing just one cover. I'm planning on using Heroes for Hire to get Spider-Gwen's red cover, since she isn't a 3* champ reward. I might do the same thing for Drax's red, but 3* Rocket and Groot (Level 223) might get to 265 first. After that, just need to get Hulk (Level 203) to 223 for Chulk's blue.

Having said that, Doc Ock and Hood are just a few covers from 183, so after Gamora I might select both of them until they hit that mark. Since I get Hulk covers from farming Moonstone, I'm leaning towards picking Psylocke to get from 190 to 223 for the blue cover for my 5/5/2 Peggy. Of course, there's always the 120 CP option, but I'm hoarding right now and don't want to disrupt that. Last resort will be HfH in about two months, since I just used it for her yellow cover.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    5-star is Thanos, at 1/1/1. I haven't pulled any bonus 5-stars, so it's a moot point.

4 star is Sam Wilson only because he's at LVL 270, and the next cover I get for him will give me a Legendary Token. Otherwise, Moon Knight to get him covered as he's 4/3/3.

3-star is Dr Strange, just to help get through goon nodes ASAP. He's currently at LVL 214, and the vast majority of those champ levels are due to the Bonus Heroes.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* BSS who is currently sitting at 4/3/5.

4* Carol and R&G. The former as I want to see how far I can level her while still in tokens with the boost, and The latter chasing their final blue cover.

3* Whoever is close to LT / 4* cover / Decent Cp reward.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    5star: Bolt, but since I'm 1/71 on 5star bonuses, it really doesn't matter.

4star: HB, since he's closest to 370

3star: a number of covers to sustain the farm/get vaulted characters to LT rewards.

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    5*: Panther, because he's at 2/2/0, and is my best covered 5*. Thanos has 4 too, but they're all purple (and two of them came from BH).

4*: Teen Jean. I just finished off Red Hulk with BH - he had 3 covers when vaulting started - but Jean is 1/1/3, so I have some breathing space to get the rest of the latests champed.

3*: Otto. I'm using them to bring everyone up to 183 - just a few more to go. After that, I'll probably do the same for 223/227. Or I may just use it to add levels to Strange and Thanos, who are the only two I still use every day.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    5 star thanos cause he's 1/2/1, but I realistically never expect to pull a bonus 5 star.

4 star spider gwen cause she's 3/3/4. 

3 star black widow cause she's at 235 and I want her 239 lt. Back to hawkguy after that to push him to 223.