Who are your current Bonus Heroes and why?

Options

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3 star was thanos, but after hitting 257 (and starting a dupe) I've now switched it over to strange

4 star was Peggy. Got her all the way up to 319 before I championed hawkeye. Too much colours overlap so I've since changed it over to carol (280). But perhaps I should make it Coulson (272) since he is a better partner to hawkeye. I'm fortunate that I have all the vaulted max covered and all are championed except venom and war machine. Could set it to the undercovered 4 (c&d, r&g, gamora or sandman) but they are still in tokens. 

5 star was oml, but since the nerf I have a hard time deciding who. Oml is at 10 covers but I don't want to finish him now (especially with 5 black). Next are phx and im46 but both also have covers at 5. SS is highest after that while the rest are 0-3 covers. Actually doesn't really matter who I set since I'm hoarding for now. The only time I pulled was when I spent 4025cp on bags of tricks and I didn't even get a single bonus hero at 5 star. 
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    **** - Peggy because why not? I am not pumping iso into them yet and she is not a bad choice.
    *** - Loki because of the remaining characters in hat tier I have to champ, he is the one I am most interested in. 

It does not matter who my five star is as it goes into the trash if I ever pull one.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5*
    Strange - I want his yellow. Actually, I want all 5 of his yellow but I'll settle for 1 for now.
    Jean Grey/Phoenix - 1 of my favorite characters. She will likely be the one who I focus on for BH after the others are fulfilled.
    Doc Ock/OML/Cap - I don't have them on my roster.

4*
    Ghostrider - want to develop him.
    Jean Grey - will likely be taken off soon as she's got 8 covers and is getting close enough to useable
    Luke Cage - 5/2/5, character plays well for me, want to champ him/continue building - may give up soon due to single useable cover issue.
    Medusa - 3/5/4, character plays well for me, want to champ her/continue building.

3*
    IM40
    Blade
    Kamala Khan
    IF
    Strange
    Hawkguy
    All of those - combo of powers are low cost/do significant damage/play well with several others/some healing. Enough so that they remain significantly useful even when not buffed.

Star-Lord - he's at 2/4/3 and I want to champ him.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5* - Thanos - I've gotten two from bonus heroes 

4* - I started with Iceman who I managed to cover max pretty quickly after bonus heroes came in from 1/2/4.  Then switched to Peggy who is now at 305 thanks to many bonus hero pulls.  I did switch to Gamora last time I dipped into my CP hoard to cover max her, I got two covers from bonus heroes for her and switched back to Peggy.  

3* - Initially used bonus heroes to get my characters who were under 223 and dropped useful covers to that point.  Now I am using them to max-champ the characters who are still in tokens who also appear in Lightning Rounds.  Finished Steve and am close to finished with IM40, then Daredevil.  After that will probably max champ everyone still in tokens and then eventually the stragglers who aren't available will get some love.  
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5*- Blackbolt; don't have him yet and I'm on that 5 star pokemon chase
    4*- Thing, just my favorite all time marvel character and he is so woefully undercovered(and underpowered-just sayin')
    3*- whatever toon is newest and unchamped or will yield a desirable 4* cover, right now cuz of The Hunt its Doom and I want the ramp to IW

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5* Hawkeye
    Have a lot of fun with him, but I fear I won't be able to cover him (3/2/3) before he moved out of LTs

4* Rocket/Gamora
    Have all my old 4*s covered, just focusing on new characters that haven't been covered

3* Whoever is going to give me an LT
  • legeng
    legeng Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    3* Thanos, Strange and IM40. I really want them to stay somewhat relevant for a while.

4* Medusa. I have been trying to champ her for a while, but I keep getting purple covers, so she is staying BH.

5*Thanos, BP, BB and Strange. I don't really think I am getting anywhere with them and I only got one bonus 5*(black thanos if i recall correctly) but I rather have any of them than any of the others that seem to be mostly useless.
  • csista
    csista Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3* - IM40. He's a key part of a few 4* teams so want him as high level as possible. Currently at lvl 260. When he gets to 266 I'll keep him as a BH and build a backup. After the backup gets champed, I'll switch to either Strange or Thanos, since they're the only other 3*s that I still use regularly. 

4* - Wasp, Iceman, and Peggy. Want to keep leveling them up and this is the only way now that they're vaulted. After I catch up on ISO and champing new characters some more, I'll switch my BH selections to Ant Man and Moon Knight to finish getting their covers.

5* - Black Bolt. Have to select someone, may as well be him. 

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* - Black Bolt - because he is amazing
    4* - Peggy - because I need a bunch of covers still to max her and most of my other close 4* have are 2/5/5 or some similar combination
    3* - it varies depending on 4* cover needs - usually if there isn't a cover I need I set it to Dr. Strange, but with the new HfH announcement, I have set it to Mystique as I want that third Iceman purple cover - only need about 36 Mystique covers lol
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* - IM46. He's at 12 covers and I want to finish him. He should make a good teammate for Thanos/Panther.

4* - Hulkbuster. I want Legendary tokens and he's at 309. When I get his, I'll switch to Carnage who's at 299. Then anyone else who's level ends in 9.

3* - Strange.  I maxed Thanos recently and Strange is the next good 3* that I want to max out. 
  • Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    5*- Thanos cause he's the bomb.  Literally.

4*- Currently R&G.  My bonus hero will Always be best character that doesn't have 5 covers of any color because that is the color you will get.

3*- CapA because he's next closest to maxed.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Thor
    Current closest to finishing dupe and then max. 

4* All vaulted 4*s, adding the newly vaulted and removing as I get each BH. Stuck early in my second cycle. 

5* Starlord. It"s just not working out between us. :( I'm at 2 covers on him to Ock's 5.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5*: Hawkeye -  I have him at 8 covers, my next highest after OML.  If/when I start putting Iso toward more 5*, he's likely to be my 2nd.
    Black Bolt - at 0/5/0 he's actually slightly useful speeding up easy nodes.  I'd like to get something else going for him, because he seems really strong.  If I pair him with OML and Hawkeye I've got a pretty good 5* rainbow team.  Not much on synergy that I know of, but at least a solid start into the tier.
    Thanos & Black Panther - 4 and 3 covers, respectively.  Current owners of the meta.

4* - Mr. Fantastic, Venom, Miles, Carnage, Kate, Spider-Gwen, Drax, War Machine, Moon Knight.  Vaulted characters whom I don't have fully covered.  I've been paring down the list - used BH to max-cover Prof X, Daisy, and Jean so far.  The goal is to get every character to 13 so I have the option to champ anyone at my leisure.  After I've done that I'll pick one character to drive them up - probably Peggy or Iceman.

3*- Star Lord, Hood, Sentry, Doom - lowest level, trying to catch them up to the pack
    Hawkeye, Thanos, Strange - I actually use them so I'm trying to get them up near the front of my 3* pack.
  • Twl7569
    Twl7569 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    5* Jean Grey- I have no 5* with any serious coverage, she's a favorite, a solid character, and would be good whenever I make it to 5* transition. (Side note- it's moot because I've never drawn a bonus 5*)

4* Jean Grey- I know. Top tier character. Vaulted. Tricky to pull covers- but not impossible. Previously I had Iceman and just acquired his 13th cover. 

3* Loki (atm) - this slot I rotate most frequently. I just finished with Mystique getting my Iceman pink cover, after Loki gets to 183, I'll do the same for Colossus (13th Wolverine) and the probably Beast for a bit for the Andean Greys. 

I prefer vaulted characters in the 3* slot vastly, and I can anticipate needed covers in champ levels. I'd have 3* Carol up, but I already have 5 covers in her black, and that's what 3* Carol gives first. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3*: characters that I am rebuilding, and ones that are close to the 223 champ reward. 

4*: All the archived characters that I have championed.

5*: Characters that I have less than 4 covers.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5-star: Strange, because 4 covers is the most I have at that tier & I want to bulk him up.
    4-star: Peggy, because Peggy. I only have 2 covers in her so far.
    3-star: I was pushing up my Faltine bit by bit, but now I'm taking turns with all my early champs, collecting usable covers at 183, switching to the next champ.

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5* OML, because I finally want that yellow cover

4* Ice-Man, Rulk, Jean Grey because AoE

3* sub-183 or the ones who I'm building a dupe for
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5*- Dr. Strange, Black Widow, Captain America- I've never received a bonus 5* so far and I'm not holding my breath.. Dr. Strange is great for PVE, especially his yellow passive. Black Widow and Cap- I just like them, that's all- the design, the characters, Cap's team.

4*- Winter Soldier (my favorite MCU character) and Peggy Carter, because she's strong and I also liked her show (though I preferred she wasn't Captain America herself).

3. Kamala Khan- because I was stupid not to rooster her from the beginning, Dr. Strange- also because PVE, and Steve Rogers because I want the Winter Soldier covers.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* - Thanos - I've got HE covered but not champed yet, so I'm not pulling latest tokens at the moment. If I were, I might choose SL or Ock to make sure I get them covered. Thanos is the best of my next-most-covered 5* at 2/3/3. 

4* - I've kept it on Carol pretty much the entire time BH has been available, she's up to 325 or so now. Maybe I would be better off trying to get a few others to 320+ as well, but I kinda just want to see how high I can get her.

3* - Star Lord - I swapped it to him when I had some covers rotting on the vine and he was 5/2/5. I'm keeping it on him for now since I know they'll re-run his PvP before too long and I'd like him to have as many extra levels as possible when that time comes.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5* - Thanos - I've never pulled a 5* Bonus, but at 3/2/2 and with the overwhelming power of his Black he seems obvious.  I sometimes consider switching to Strange (1/1/1) or Green Goblin (0/1/1) sometimes though, because Strange is obviously great and I like Green Goblin's skill set.

4* - Red Hulk - At 4/3/5, a bonus hero would give me a 67% chance (allegedly, we all know it'll be a purple) of championing him.

3* - Gamora - Her next Star Lord champion reward will put my Star Lord at 4/4/4, which is not a bad place to be if I ever want to champ him.