Point Suppression in S4 Doc Oc PVP?

13»

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jsh2014 said:
    _Jaedenkaal not pointing u out was trying to agree with what you and acescracked said but I keep having problems posting my full comment 
    I was going to say... ;)
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    The difference between progression and placement is once you hit progression you get that reward and cannot lose it. So if you can make a mad dash for 1200 pts in a few shield hops you can let the shield go and just float until the end if you want since placement does not matter. 
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    tinykitty suppressors like myself make it very difficult, very expensive, and very time consuming for outsiders to get progression.
    why are you suppressing me? what did I ever do to you?  :'(

Look at it this way.  It's like building a baseball team.  One side (those that are scoring 12,000 points per event) builds solely on their starting lineup, trying to score score score to beat their opponents.  The other side  (shards that suppress) builds solely on their starting rotation and bullpen, trying to keep the other team from scoring to best their opponents.  Hurt feelings/red nodes aside, they're both viable strategies for beating your opponents.  
     I'd also like to point out that both types of players use both strategies.  In low scoring shards, people that have suppressed all event will sometimes have to shield hop at the end, build some points to secure rank.  In high scoring shards, they employ "enforcers", which is really just a euphemism for point suppressors, to hit and dump and hit so-called snipers, who are sometimes legitimate snipers trying to lower points, but are more often people that dont want to shield check 1,000 people. Call it what you want, it's the same exact strategy.  One just has different numbers at the end.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome Death said:

tinykitty suppressors like myself 

why are you suppressing me? what did I ever do to you?  :'(

Look at it this way.... 
    ... The first bit was all I was referring to... 
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Man, PvP in match-3 mobile game is serious business.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah whatever you do don't join the wrong battle chat, serious business. I suppress my own score, 575 and out. I can't stomach that tat anymore. Rubbish rewards and it costs you to score well. I just point and laugh.

I am sure we can't be far away from a big over haul. I'd end grilling too. Force refresh a queue every 5 minutes  ;) 
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor

. . . . . . . 
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    This thread reconfirms for me that I'm glad I don't play in S4, and that the best advice for people saying they can't get higher than 575 points in pvp is still "Try a different slice."
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Back in the day there were very few battlechats and no MMR.  You could climb with patch and daken all day long...was a much simpler time with only a few alliance coordinated shield check rooms and the secretive cupcakes only known by a handful of PvP champs.  Now we got so much politics in PvP, makes think back to the simpler days and smile.  Enforcers, snipers, double agents, civil war, hostile invaders...lol, just give me my 1200 and i'm out.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I'm an accountant, but I find the PVP strategies far more complicated and boring than my job. At least I'm getting paid to work.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    This is *exactly* why PvP slices are bad and we need to go back to everyone together. Just like ssim.

Rotating end times and shields is all ya need.
    then the last end time would have the highest scores because points would be built in a single shard. 
    No PvP time slices. Every single mpq player would have the same end time.

You don't remember before time slices were created?

Makes it nearly impossible for a single or two rosters to have an impact. Also alliances can't "own" slices.

BTW, hi @Bowgentle :smile:
    I would be down with everyone being in the same slice, as long as I get to choose the end time that works best for me, and you and everyone else just have to deal with it. Before time slices were a thing PvP would end at 5am my time.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Hadronic said:
    This is *exactly* why PvP slices are bad and we need to go back to everyone together. Just like ssim.

Rotating end times and shields is all ya need.
    then the last end time would have the highest scores because points would be built in a single shard. 
    No PvP time slices. Every single mpq player would have the same end time.

You don't remember before time slices were created?

Makes it nearly impossible for a single or two rosters to have an impact. Also alliances can't "own" slices.

BTW, hi @Bowgentle :smile:
    I would be down with everyone being in the same slice, as long as I get to choose the end time that works best for me, and you and everyone else just have to deal with it. Before time slices were a thing PvP would end at 5am my time.
    What aces is saying we would play all in one slice, but instead of it finishing at midnight/noon EST as it was before, it would finish for one pvp at midnight, for second pvp at 4 am, then 8am, then noon, then 4pm, 8PM and back to midnight. So it wouldn't always finish at 5am for you, you would have same amount of **** end times like everyone else in the game. Saying all this in order to clarify it, doesn't mean i would like it to go that way, since i got used to select end time based on what is currently the most suitable for me.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    @Hadronic & @elvy75 you guys find the end times completely convenient now? I don't always and find myself shielding out well before the event end time.

Also, I don't fight for placement but the players that do event end time is important.

We need an off-season event where there aren't PvP slices.