Point Suppression in S4 Doc Oc PVP?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
Just curious if there's any weird turf wars or anything like that going on in S4 PVP. I usually can make it to 900+ to 1200+ with just a few hops, but for some reason it was particularly tough from 700 onward.

Since there's no way to really tell, I thought I'd see if anyone knows if this is just me, or if something is going on out there. Thanks.

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    That has been going on the entire season. Weirdly enough you post this during one of the higher scoring events.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    So glad you asked.  The uberwhale account that was mentioned in the cheating thread that is being "lent" to someone else is using it to hit everything that moves and dump points making the game worse for everyone in the slice.

@Brigby
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    There's stuff going on out there. Two notable rosters (not named but they've got significant similarities) have been hitting the frontrunners fairly hard.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor

Somebody got their Oompa Loompa.
  • Ramble2
    Ramble2 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    So glad you asked.  The uberwhale account that was mentioned in the cheating thread that is being "lent" to someone else is using it to hit everything that moves and dump points making the game worse for everyone in the slice.

@Brigby
    Even more interesting, the person who was granted access to the account in question is also using his own account for the same purposes. Either that, or he's gifted/sold his original account to someone else. I'm really curious as to whether D3/Demi are going to continue to urinate all over their TOS.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Daiches I guess I've been lucky then at missing the problems before. At this point, I figure I put in the same effort each time, and sometimes it leads me to 1200+, other times barely 700. There's nothing I can really do about it.

I'm impressed that a single person or small group of people can take down a whole slice.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    @Daiches I guess I've been lucky then at missing the problems before. At this point, I figure I put in the same effort each time, and sometimes it leads me to 1200+, other times barely 700. There's nothing I can really do about it.

I'm impressed that a single person or small group of people can take down a whole slice.
    It's much easier to suppress than it is to build points. Much much easier. The system is set up that way. Hell, without frontrunners, battlechats, and lots of people willing to shield a LOT, every event would look like a really bad BOP off season event, where 1200 is a pipe dream.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is *exactly* why PvP slices are bad and we need to go back to everyone together. Just like ssim.

Rotating end times and shields is all ya need.
  • TetsujinOni
    This is *exactly* why PvP slices are bad and we need to go back to everyone together. Just like ssim.

then the last end time would have the highest scores because points would be built in a single shard. 
  • BlackIC
    BlackIC Posts: 65 Match Maker
    PvP is tiny kitty. No point until D3 actually provides tweaks and refinements, like they do on a regular basis with PvE.
  • acescracked

then the last end time would have the highest scores because points would be built in a single shard. 
    No PvP time slices. Every single mpq player would have the same end time.

You don't remember before time slices were created?

Makes it nearly impossible for a single or two rosters to have an impact. Also alliances can't "own" slices.

BTW, hi @Bowgentle :smile:
  • TetsujinOni

Makes it nearly impossible for a single or two rosters to have an impact. Also alliances can't "own" slices.

Day 551, so nope, that's in the Great Beforetimes that GrimSkald tells me about sometimes....
  • acescracked
    edited June 2017
    BlackIC said:
    I can't PvP so it's tiny kitty. No point until D3 actually provides tweaks and refinements, like they do on a regular basis with PvE.
    Fixed your post for you.

[Moderator note: don't be that guy.]
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Ramble2 said:

@Brigby
    Even more interesting, the person who was granted access to the account in question is also using his own account for the same purposes. Either that, or he's gifted/sold his original account to someone else. I'm really curious as to whether D3/Demi are going to continue to urinate all over their TOS.
    Except by dealing with it however they want to is exactly how the TOS is worded. They are in fact following the TOS. It's your interpretation of how they need to handle something that is off.

And every time you play the game you agree to the TOS so you have no right to call them out like that.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering about that.  I had a 24pt defensive win when that account attacked me in this past event and I was wondering what kind of nonsense was going on higher up the food chain in my slice to allow that to happen.

...although i was still left with the question of how that account could even target my roster under the current MMR as I was hovering around only 275 pts a full 24 hrs into the event and my highest character after boosts were taken into account was only ~Lv285 +/-.  I guess I fundamentally don't understand how this MMR works...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

i would curse at you but the forum won't let me :D

• Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    D3: 
    Look over there------>! Nothing to see here! No cheating going on....one guy is not using 2 whale accounts! 
  • BlackIC
    BlackIC Posts: 65 Match Maker
    BlackIC said:
    I can't PvP so it's tiny kitty. No point until D3 actually provides tweaks and refinements, like they do on a regular basis with PvE.
    Fixed your post for you.
    Love how you would actually take the time to do this when it is actually known that PvP is a concern. It is not the first time this has be raised.

aka: Fix your self.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    ZootSax said:
    I was wondering about that.  I had a 24pt defensive win when that account attacked me in this past event and I was wondering what kind of nonsense was going on higher up the food chain in my slice to allow that to happen.

...although i was still left with the question of how that account could even target my roster under the current MMR as I was hovering around only 275 pts a full 24 hrs into the event and my highest character after boosts were taken into account was only ~Lv285 +/-.  I guess I fundamentally don't understand how this MMR works...

The other account was probably at 1000 points or so and found you as a 1 point match.  S/he then started a match and retreated so that s/he could lose 75 points, but that gives you 25 points.  So appreciate the gift points.