What Are Optimal Node Settings - Part 2 (6/19/17)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @naphomci
    Since today is Canada Day, and Hibernum is based in Montreal, I'm unfortunately unable to ask the developers today about whether there are any changes to Trial of Zeal for this weekend. Apologies for the inconvenience.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Change Node Recharge Rate
    *there are none, by the way
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No change thos time. Will be my last evemt for a while. And of course: without fun no money! 
  • Yawgmoth
    Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Change Several Aspects (Please Explain)
    Best change: remove this event completely. (The event is almost just as bad when it lasts 5 days as it is on turbo exhausting mode in 2.5 days.) 
    But it would be too good to hope for. So the only reasonable fix would be to:

Node recharge back to 8 hours
    and
    Cut boss health to about half
    and
    Drop the progression thresholds by half so the max is attainable after the cut.
    and
    Don't run it in consecutive weekends.

Basically the problem with this event is that it requires a lot more TIME spent total for the tiny kitty rewards, when compared to other events. And it's super boring. And super repetitive.

Other things are less important, but of course Max node charges should be high, there's no good reason to keep the cap low. And it's really good to start the event with at least 16 hours to the max (preferably 24).
  • Daddystyx
    Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ideas on timeline @Brigby ?
  • Daddystyx
    Options
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Four hour recharges, huh?
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1) love the 4 hour recharges. Allows the less committed/weaker members to hit progression more flexibly. Making things easier for weaker players should always be the priority over making things easier for the top players. 

2) this boss hp thing isn't working. It's never worked. It's so bad that when it was announced, everyone thought the devs meant something else because this is ****. Just set it on timer like every other event. Bonus alternative  : each coalition fights a unique instance of the boss, and coalitions are ranked by how quickly boss goes down. 

• Daddystyx
    Options
    The 4 hour recharge rate does nothing for anyone in a positive way other than limiting there interaction with the real world.   Both polls showed an overwhelming response to want the recharge rates changed to a more reasonable level with the added flexibility of an increased amount of storable charges.   The event can end a day later or the requirement for the reward levels should be lowered. Neither of these adjustments would prevent people from acquiring the same lvl of rewards the currently receive.  
  • Daddystyx
    Options
    @Brigby any chance for a status update?
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi @Daddystyx. Apologies for the delay. The Communications team and I have been working our booth at the D23 convention for the past several days, so I am only now able to find time to be on the forums again.

I will be sure to ping the developers on this topic this week.
  • Daddystyx
    Options
    Ty for the response. I have replaced 9 members since this refresh change to date.  I eagerly await some good news. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby -- thank you -- like YH1J, we have had to rebuild half of SaltyBarals and a quarter of TR -- it's ridiculous -- we want our friends to come back to the game!
  • Daddystyx
    Options
    @Brigby
    Down another member thanks to this weekends event.  I second @bken1234 on just wanting to play with our friends.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @bken1234 @Daddystyx
    The developer that in charge of event design is finally back today from being out of office, however they are most likely catching up on a backlog of requests and emails at the moment. (I know I certainly did after the D23 event)

We have a meeting with the team tomorrow, so I will be sure to bring up the Trial of Zeal event settings with them then.
  • Daddystyx
    Options
    Ty for the update. 
  • Ohboy
    Options
    If it helps balance the issue, more people in my coalition of casual players have been managing to come closer to max progression since the update. 

Just remove coalition rewards for pve and give unlimited tries since "just want to play with our friends" is the official line from the flip side.

Everyone can be happy. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still don't see any reason why everybody should reach max progression since we don't have any guaranteed rares there anymore.
    In my opinion, they could just stretch the progression rewards up to 3k, so it is literally impossible to get max prog, and you have an incentive to play whenever you want to play.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    I still don't see any reason why everybody should reach max progression since we don't have any guaranteed rares there anymore.
    In my opinion, they could just stretch the progression rewards up to 3k, so it is literally impossible to get max prog, and you have an incentive to play whenever you want to play.

That's a cool idea too. Litter the path to infinity with small rewards. You get what you put in.
  • Daddystyx
    Options
    @Brigby update?