What Are Optimal Node Settings - Part 2 (6/19/17)

Options

Comments

• Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Change Several Aspects (Please Explain)
    Having all of the charges would be best since everyone plays at a different time/rate.  I have certain blocks of time that I can play.  For example:  Having to wait means having to rush EVERY morning to get my last nodes in before time expires.  Mornings are the WORST time for me to play... Kids, Myself, Driving, and Work... I want this game to be relaxing... not STRESSFULL!

The BAD part of having all the charges at once is when the system crashes and takes several or even all of them away.  

I would be OK with a compromise... Recharge rate of 1-2 hours... with a KNOWN number of max charges.

So if there are 5, 8, or 10 per node then that is all you get for the length of the round whether its 1 day or 2 days long.  These would charge up full within the first hours and then stop at the maximum.

Benefit:  I can play when I need to play.  Unless my nodes have built up significantly I don't risk the chance of losing multiple nodes in the event of a crash, update, or other event that causes us to lose them.  AND I'm not rushing every morning to complete them... (unless I did this to myself lol)
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Change Node Recharge Rate
    So, no adjustments after this poll? @Brigby
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So, what was the point of the poll, if 70%voting for change the refresh timer and 4% voting for change health resulted in no changes to the recharge timer and an increase in health?

I don't know when it ended exactly, but looks like three additional charges. I ended with +1200 points (without even playing all charges) , top ten averaged above 1k points per player. That really is not fun anymore.
    We've already lost more players to this event than to the endless ratc line and the introduction of standard.
  • naphomci
    Options
    @Brigby
    So, can we get changes for this next weekend Trial?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @naphomci
    I can't guarantee the next Trial of Zeal will have the recharge times changed back to 8 hours, however I will be sure to pass along this thread and its feedback to the developers.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Two things in particular

1) Progression meter needs to be shorter: Even with double node charge, when players keep failing your ridiculously overpowered Node 3 bosses, those extra charges would be absolutely pointless to get the extra points. Oh, and it's bloody grindy.

2) Longer node recharge timer: This in particular must be implemented together with the shorter progression meter, because obviously when the recharge time is longer, it becomes harder to fill up progression meters; Filling up a 700-point progression would be next to impossible with an 8-hour recharge timer, for example.

And one thing which probably depends on how it's playtested:

3) Boss health: I would say it needs to be longer, but at the same I understand making it too long kinda prevents this from being a race (remember the first time Trial of Zeal rolled?), which I understand you probably don't want, which I at least can understand. I would say playtest boss health in such a way that, should a given player is so unlucky to always lose the Node 3 bosses, they can still complete progression meter by beating the rest.
  • Daddystyx
    Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby
    ?
    Whats the % chance we remove the 4hour refresh. I have lost 6 high scoring coalition members due to the 4 hour system.  I have 3 more ready to leave of another weekend happens again with this grind of a game on a weekend.  

Ty
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby you were really fast to implement 6 charges to the event, so it seemns that you can adjust this kind of setings with ease. Most of the player base (here and in my alliance) is really upset with this 4 hs refresh.

You made a pool and both times going back to 8 hs was the most voted option. What is the point of a pool if you dont want to implement what you the players are telling you?

This is really becoming a tiping point for me, and I am sure for others as well.

Please listen to your player and change back to 8 hours recharge!
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it might take less than 3 minutes to lose a battle
    on node 3.x but it takes more than 10 minutes to
    win. the 4 hr refresh is putting more pressure on
    those that can win who are usually also those
    who add character to coalitions. I would vote for
    longer refreshes and also 24+ hrs node storage.
    many people have 24 hr schedules and do the
    same things at the same time each day(eg eat
    dinner/sleep). not giving enough slack is going
    against this pattern. games change to fit into
    peoples free time schedules. people don't change
    their schedules to fit games.

HH
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actual conversation with one of my teammates on Sunday:

TM: "Hey B, I'll clear as soon as I can, my wife is really mad about me playing so much this weekend."

Me: "Well then don't clear, your family comes first."

TM: "I don't want to let down the team, the 4 hour recharges are just taking up my whole weekend."

Me: "Turn it off and enjoy your family or I'll have you kicked."

THIS is what this game has come to. 

@Brigby
    @Hibernum_JC

This game should be fun, it's not fun when people's whole weekend is spend grinding the same 9 encounters over and over and over, at the expense of having time for family, work, hobbies, etc. 

You've got to change this. 
  • Babo21
    Babo21 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    4h refresh time threaten to ruin my family time... What do I do? I don't play, it's an easy choice. My average came down from 90%+ to around 70%.... That makes me lose interest in the game, and if I lose interest I don't spend any money. If you want me to play you need to interest me, so give us 8h recharges back! I was thinking you were having a nice comeback after the ratc fiasco.... These 4h recharges and the 4 nodes on the other events just made the game get grindy and boring.
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Completely agree, 4 nodes at PvP is another bad decision that increased the grind a lot. I am ok with 2 day events, but make then 3 nodes back. Or at least make them start with only 1 charge each.

If you need to give players more things to do just revamp older PVE and make 2 available a week, but please make competition less grindy and more fun, in the this is a game and should be fun.
  • Grognak
    Grognak Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why not just do 24 hour charge cycles?  This is a game, not a full-time job.  Why should we be on-call in order to be competitive in coalition events that last days?  This isn't sustainable
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I read somewhere earlier in the thread the idea to give us all the charges up front. YES PLEASE! 

Barring that i want my 8 hour charges back
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This event is gonna be the death of this game. Almost everybody I have talked to hates the 4 hour charge times. They turn it into a chore. I feel like every time I look at my phone, I have new charges. I've gotten sloppy because of it, because a loss barely even effects my score. Last week I took an L to 3.3 and an L to 2.3 and still finished around 1200 points. That shouldn't happen. If 8 hours is too long, and 4 hours is killing the game, why not try 6. That would still give the people on the struggle bus plenty chance to hit progression, and it would probably bring some people back. I don't like that the event isn't at all fun. It's just a grind now. Makes me sad. Nobody likes a sad chombli 
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Makes me sad. Nobody likes a sad chombli 
    Fact! We miss our happy chombli!
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just want to add another +1 to people quitting the game because they don't have time to keep up with the 4 hour recharge rate.

Put 4 hour recharge on a 1-day event and/or a non-coallition (i.e. no social obligation to fully participate every single time), no worries. Just not a 3+ day coallition event, especially not one where you're just playing the same games round and round in a circle, and especially where the optimal thing to do on most of node 3 is RSIcling your way through 400+ hp.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Make events shorter, so more people have time to spent crystals on the daily color events. But grinding 32 matches over two days to win 60 crystal max. Burns a lot of time. I stop playing events because of time consumption. 5 hours grinding for a top5 is fun the first time after that it's work and my real job nets me a lot more "crystals" in the same time. 
  • naphomci
    Options
    @Brigby
    So, the new Trial of Zeal is almost here, do we have better recharge times? Because it will be rather annoying if not....
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What's the point of collecting feedback if it is totally ignored?
    This will be my last competitive ToZ. Only because I'm still in a coalition, and can't be switched out right now.
    Thanks a lot.

Something unreleated - I see no reason for "everybody has to be able to reach max progression". I would prefer "make max progression impossible" and up it to 5k points..or add individual leaderbords, at least any kind of incentive that would make this nonsense bearable