What Are Optimal Node Settings - Part 2 (6/19/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

With the most recent Trial of Zeal featuring 6 Max Node Charges, I wanted to create a follow-up poll to gather everyone's feedback. I have also adjusted the formatting of the Poll options to allow for more flexibility, as well as to account for Progression Meter as a variable.

Please note that the below poll options use the verb "Change," as opposed to "Increase" or "Decrease." This was done on purpose to account for both sides of the same coin. After selecting an option, please write a brief comment explaining whether you support an increase or a decrease to the corresponding variable.

When considering your version of the verb "Change," please use the recent 4hr Recharge Rate and 6 Max Node Charges as your baseline.

In addition, it would greatly assist the team if players would be willing to include a brief explanation of why they find their chosen changes desirable.

Thank you!

What Are Optimal Node Settings - Part 2 (6/19/17) 62 votes

Change Max Node Charge
1%
rafalele 1 vote
Change Node Recharge Rate
69%
Eyris6bk1234IrgyandrewvanmarleDodecapodDaddystyxLagarthaZero416spadplwinkjgxproStormbringer0Dr_DobzGluuerThéséeAEO2015EjmooseNDZahmbieMagogTilwin90 43 votes
Change Boss Health
4%
nexus13Corn_NoodlesKinesia 3 votes
Change Progression Meter
1%
theyrejustelves 1 vote
Change Several Aspects (Please Explain)
9%
ShomiTheMonkeywhma11DologanYawgmothEmanon2000wickedwitch74 6 votes
Change Everything
8%
sjechuaDuskPaladinoctal9sunprincessXdg457 5 votes
Change Nothing
4%
FalizarSteemeFedaykin 3 votes
Other
0%

Comments

• Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Change recharge time, 4 hours is too much. If changing the recharge time the event start lasting too much, reduce boss health and adjust progression.

But please change recharge time to 8 hours. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    8 hours would be great . 6 seems to be a good compromise.
    The rewards could scale infinite, I see no reason for an end of progression rewards ;)
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You are right, progression could be infinite, but I am assuming they are keeping total rewards and just rescaling the steps for the same rewards to meet new boss health.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Four hours is just too much to keep up with. 

While I appreciate that it was changed with the intent to allow players more opportunities to make progression, the abrupt ending this weekend means that most players missed out. 

The top performing players all played their very best for the top teams... and didn't leave any boss for the rest of us!

I think it's time to leave the idea of boss HP behind. Miscalculating the amount of HP needed any given event makes things unpleasant. Quite frankly, this system makes more work for you for very little benefit to the players. 
  • deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Back to 8 hour refresh, please.  Even 6 would be far preferable to 4.  Never do 4 hour refreshes again for anything ever ever.
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The 4-hour node recharge makes the event feel very grindy. It is very annoying for coalition events to feel grindy. My coalition is a huge reason I continue to find this game fun. I want coalition events to be a way for me to get together with my coalition mates to strategize and share bad beats stories. I don't want coalition events to feel like a drag, something I'm forced to do out of obligation. 

I personally don't want non-coalition events to feel grindy either, but I'm much more willing to accept when they are because I can ignore them without feeling guilty. 
  • ShomiTheMonkey
    ShomiTheMonkey Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    4 hour recharge has lost you MANY players and much business but even though Change Recharge rate may avalanche the vote tally currently, can anyone honestly say it's the 1 and ONLY thing that should change about all these events to make the playing field Fun and Fair for Everyone?

Before voting, consider strongly that there are multiple ways that each event could become greater so voting for just 1 problem will tell the programmers that you r vote told us that only 1 thing could make it tolerable Instead of addressing the Many things that would benefit All of the player base, which is VERY possible. This wonderful game could fold if the Node 3 Boss battles are rather difficult for many players Or if new players , Actually all players, are dissuaded by a Frantic Grind that almost No One likes and is currently likely not nearly rewarding enough for Most players.

Voters, please vote as if this were a car could be tricked out with MANY improvements that would bring people back and bring new people in to this great game not just only 1 Major problem to address with a short term fix.

Brigby, please look at these early replies from people, like me that love this game and want this great game to flourish, not fail.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Change Boss Health
    I didn't mind the 4 hour recharge with 6 max charges. My only change would be to extend the boss health for another charge or two.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    6 max charge.
    6 hour refresh. 4 hours is too much. 8 hours is too little.

More total health. The event should last into Monday, so more players have the ability to hit the maximum personal rewards.
  • Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Change back to 8 hour refreshes, at the very least 6. Keep the 6 max charges either way.

If the refreshes are every 8 hours, the boss health is too high / event too long, so it should be brought down a notch so the event finishes around Monday.

Progression rewards should be adjusted, especially considering the player's tier. All players are facing the exact same challenges, so newer/lower tier players are clearly at a disadvantage to hit progression rewards, which are, on top of everything, worse than for higher tiers. This is totally unfair and makes no sense. If you actually want to help newer players, the rewards for lower tiers should require lower points.

Also, it would help motivation at all levels to not fully cap progression rewards, e.g. after the maximum one, keep giving small ones every 100 or so points. 

Finally, I miss PvE event exclusives. They gave a real sense of achievement compared to the random rares that are, more often than not these days, mere dupes.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dologan said:

Finally, I miss PvE event exclusives. They gave a real sense of achievement compared to the random rares that are, more often than not these days, mere dupes.
    Yes... this was a nice way for players to acquire rares without having to worry about getting a dupe.

• nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Change Boss Health
    The boss health bouncing around seems like a real problem.  Just go to a timer. Not knowing when it ends and if you need to jump in right at a refresh time to get your play in before it finishes is a pain.
  • Jaff
    Jaff Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Change the recharge time back to 8 hours. We need to manage our lives, without the game too.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please increase the recharge back to 8 hours
  • Daddystyx
    Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    8hrs & 6 max charges please.  Let people with family's live their lives D3!!!!!
  • Beaver
    Beaver Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Please revert to 8 hour recharge!
  • Dutchrudder
    Dutchrudder Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    6 or 8 hour recharge is better to me. 4 is rough to keep up with on a weekend. Or increase the max node limit so you aren't required to play every day.
  • Daddystyx
    Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Status @Brigby ?