Updates to Alliance Rewards for Strange Sights (6/15/17)

Options
13»

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL said:
    I got 8k ISO last night, not 12k.

So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

If you make sure your alliance enters all three subs, you'll get 12K.  Looks like people missed one.

I'm with most of the people here.  I loved getting all those tokens, but the practical part of me says that more Iso is a lot more important.

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The extra iso was a big help in me champing c&d today, but still miss all those tokens cause I probably would have pulled a ten pack from the vault at the end for that sandman cover. 

They really missed the mark by not putting sandman covers in the mini vaults. Unless you're sitting on 10,000+ hp then there is zero reason to invest in them.

I hope they give serious thought into their purpose after the event is over.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    This change seems pretty logical to me and solves the problem of 3 subs for each 3 days.  I'd rather have the ISO then the tokens now.  I wouldn't vote that way for ever event, but for this one event it makes sense and seems like a good change.

IMO the simpler solution would be to track all progress under the same sub bracket, they're all worth the same number of points, everyone has to do all three, that way there wouldn't be the need to create another reward baseline they'll need to manage...

The way they're doing it now isn't horrible... 

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    The extra iso was a big help in me champing c&d today, but still miss all those tokens cause I probably would have pulled a ten pack from the vault at the end for that sandman cover. 

They really missed the mark by not putting sandman covers in the mini vaults. Unless you're sitting on 10,000+ hp then there is zero reason to invest in them.

I hope they give serious thought into their purpose after the event is over.
    I believe this is the fourth time they've run this event. The first time was the release for 3* and 5* Strange. Each mini-vault had an LT for the 5trange vault and one cover of each color for Strang3, with the standard mix of additional rewards. 

Second time it ran was during Mordo's release, and a cover for each of his colors took the place of the 5trange LT.

The third time it ran (can't remember exactly when that was) was the first time the 5 CP rewards were instituted. Needless to say, but many people were fairly underwhelmed with that development. 

They're totally missing an opportunity to have a cover for a random vaulted 4* at the top of each of those mini-vaults. You'd probably have people clearing them out for those if it was a particularly desirable cover. 
  • DarthDeVo
    edited June 2017
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    DFiPL said:

If you make sure your alliance enters all three subs, you'll get 12K.  Looks like people missed one.

I'm with most of the people here.  I loved getting all those tokens, but the practical part of me says that more Iso is a lot more important.

Well this is kind of weird. At the end of the first day, got the 12K ISO. End of the second day, only 8K; apparently, no one played Wand of Watoomb on the second day in my alliance.

Hopefully we have at least one in each section for the final day. It's the first time playing this event I haven't gotten maximum alliance rewards. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One one of the days, I got one notification with two of the 4K alliance awards, and then a little later a second notification with the last 4K award.  Are you sure that didn't happen for you?
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    jamesh said:
    One one of the days, I got one notification with two of the 4K alliance awards, and then a little later a second notification with the last 4K award.  Are you sure that didn't happen for you?
    You know, that's entirely possible. I think that particular instance happened last night during my initial clear for The Hunt. I was tapping through the reward screens pretty quickly, but I think one of them was 4K ISO for one of the subs and a few minutes later I definitely got another notification of 4K ISO for each of the other two. 
  • Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DFiPL said:

On your deathbed you will have full consciousness.  nice caddyshack ref.