Updates to Alliance Rewards for Strange Sights (6/15/17)

Options

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I always liked the extra tokens from Strange Sights and was hoping to apply them to a vault that might contain the new release from this current PVE. I can always use extra ISO anyway but the timing on this shift to ISO is unfortunate
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As much as I loved the way tokens rained down in this event, part of me always felt that it was somewhat unintended, and would probably only be a matter of time before it was changed. 

So while I'm not totally surprised, I'm still a little bummed. However, an extra 12K ISO per day in SCL 8 is nothing to be sad about, and I could really use it right now, so not all bad news I suppose. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Were they just not able to figure out how to make the tally per day rather than per door? The main page of the event can tally total points, so why can't the subs be figured out against your bracket rather than by who chose that door that day? Especially if they have any intention of "choose your path" events in the future.
    Maybe for a Sinister Six theme, instead of choosing which one you want to go fight, make a new villain event where you team up with one of the big S6 members at the end: a loaner Green Goblin in one path, Octupu5 in another, and (possible 5*) Vulture in the third.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
     whales are  always iso starved and new players hunting for covers, hmmmmm I guess 5 star whales wins again.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     whales are  always iso starved and new players hunting for covers, hmmmmm I guess 5 star whales wins again.
    I'm not sure how much 5* whales really need the ISO. Much like the other tiers, only a few of the Epics are even relevant, and there are fewer Epics total. And for true whales, who've gotten all current Epics Champed, by the time the next one comes out, they have the ISO they need. Normal people transitioning to 5* on the other hand would have a huge need.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did like getting all the tokens, but even without them, it's still probably my favorite event in the Game. The boss fights against Kaecilius really do a great job of putting the "Puzzle" in Puzzle Quest.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suppose the alternative would have been to consider all sub-events open for the duration of the whole event, but only let you compete in each for one day.

That isn't ideal either, since you'd only be able to gauge your placement for the sub-event you played on the last day.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boooooo. You're taking away the best part of the event. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Was hoping the little vaults would have sandman covers. I mean, what better way to get people to spend their hp, but guess they can't give away too many of his covers even though it takes less than a month to build him up now. 
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bowla33 said:
    I think this event token nerf is because this will be the release vault for Sandman. They want us to buy all the tokens, not be using earned rewards. How dare we! 
    "Earned rewards" is a funny way to describe getting six tokens per day regardless of placement. 
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    halirin said:
    bowla33 said:
    I think this event token nerf is because this will be the release vault for Sandman. They want us to buy all the tokens, not be using earned rewards. How dare we! 
    "Earned rewards" is a funny way to describe getting six tokens per day regardless of placement. 
     Considering the work PVE requires for good placement - yes, earned. 

Correcting the placement is better than neutering it completely.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The vaults are once again disappointing for this event , mainly 2* covers and not a lot else, so kinda pleased with the extra ISO 

Still my favorite event though 
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    halirin said:
    bowla33 said:
    It's based on which doors your alliance members entered. If all of your alliance chooses only one door, you get one alliance reward. "Six tokens per day" was a side-effect of allowing alliance members to pick different doors, essentially splitting into three groups which were rewarded as if they were still one. So it's not "regardless of placement" at all.

A different way to tackle this problem could be to force alliances to pick one door and then lock the whole alliance into that sub, similar to boss events.
  • MarcSpector68
    MarcSpector68 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Definitely another way the devs change the game to try and make you pay.  That was one of the best parts of the event.  Multiple chances each day to get something good.  Never a changebin the plwyers advantage.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bowla33 said:
    Joke's on them- Sandman isn't worth the money. Plus, all my earned token so far were just 2*. I think the extra ISO isn't bad. Sure, I would want ALL of the rewards, if it was possible, but I guess the game would stop being fun real quickly and the developers would just go bankrupt.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gah...this is tough.
    On the one hand, it sucks we don't get 6 tokens a day from it. On the other hand...12k ISO is nice...
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I do miss the tokens, but I'm in the process of champing Red Hulk, so I'm happy to get 36k over three days and shorten that process by a day or so.

Especially since I would likely have pulled 15-18 2*s with the tokens in any case.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Strange rewards were always broken.  I feel they should have done something.  Going to no covers seems extreme, but at least they compensated with generous ISO.  No complaint here.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got 8k ISO last night, not 12k.

So I got that going for me. Which is nice.