Updates to Alliance Rewards for Strange Sights (6/15/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

We have updated the Alliance rewards for Strange Sights. Depending on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level Players choose, they will receive the same alliance reward no matter what place their Alliance places in.

Below is the amount of Iso-8 Players will receive per Sub-Chapter each day (please note that players will still receive rewards for each Sub-Chapter each day)

Iso-8 Per Sub-Chapter for each S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level

1 - 1,650 Iso-8

2 - 1,750 Iso-8

3 - 2,000 Iso-8

4 - 2,200 Iso-8

5 - 2,500 Iso-8

6 - 2,750 Iso-8

7 - 3,500 Iso-8

8 - 4,000 Iso-8

Comments

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options

A few questions:

• Is this just for Strange Sights or is it a sign of things to come?
    • Is ISO the only alliance reward we get for a sub? No tokens? (I'm guessing this change was implemented due to the bug that gave players six event tokens per node as an alliance reward)
    • What about alliance rewards for the event overall?

• astrp3
    Options
    OK, looks like we get the ISO reward 3X per sub, so for SCL8, you get 12k per day, which makes up for those tokens.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tough to complain about 12k ISO per day.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    astrp3 said:

A few questions:

• Is this just for Strange Sights or is it a sign of things to come?
    • Is ISO the only alliance reward we get for a sub? No tokens? (I'm guessing this change was implemented due to the bug that gave players six event tokens per node as an alliance reward)
    • What about alliance rewards for the event overall?

@astrp3

1) These changes are specifically targeted at the Alliance rewards for Strange Sights. I am unaware of this applying to any other events.
    2) That is correct. Players will no longer receive tokens.
    3) Based on the title of the listed chart, these Alliance reward changes only affect the rewards for Sub-Chapters. 
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    OK, looks like we get the ISO reward 3X per sub, so for SCL8, you get 12k per day, which makes up for those tokens.
    Edit: 12k is because in Strange Sights you get alliance rewards for all 3 subs, not just the one you entered.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    Wat?  I'm seeing a max of 4k per day.  I don't know why you think you'll get that 3 times per day.

Top reward in SCL8 used to be 2k iso + 2 event tokens, now everyone who joins gets 4k iso.  Sounds good to me.  My alliance was usually coming in T1000 so I was getting 1k iso and 2 elites.  3k iso is way better than 2 elite tokens.

Also @Brigby you might want to clean up the language a little - "per sub-chapter each day" isn't correct, because a 48 hour sub is 2 days but you'll only get this reward once.
    12k just for Strange Sights. You choose one of 3 subs everyday, but get the alliance rewards for all 3 subs. That's why you get 6 tokens if your alliance does well enough.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    astrp3 said:

12k just for Strange Sights. You choose one of 3 subs everyday, but get the alliance rewards for all 3 subs. That's why you get 6 tokens if your alliance does well enough.
    Ahh, I forgot about that.  Thanks.  Going to edit my post so there's no confusion for others.
  • astrp3
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    Wat?  I'm seeing a max of 4k per day.  I don't know why you think you'll get that 3 times per day.
    DemiUrge Anthony confirmed on Discord that SCL players will get 12K ISO per day (I'm not sure if at least one person in your alliance has to play in a chapter for you to get the reward for that chapter.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Allrighty then, the Iso is pretty great but I'm really going to miss those tokens... That was one of the best features of Strange Sights I thought, along with the choice of which sub to play. Given the choice I'd rather see more tokens than more Iso being rewarded, but that might just be me.

Farewell, dear tokens... our time together was too short.  :'(
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will miss the buckets of tokens this event gave, it was part of the fun of seeing it come around again.

But I'm not going to complain about buckets of ISO instead. It's more fun to open tokens, but for real, I need the ISO more than the tokens. (and maybe if the devs are happier giving out ISO than Tokens, they might be inclined to use this design in future adventures... hint hint, Strange Sights is awesome, something like it, even if the story is completely different, like street-level heroes being led by Spidey to different parts of NYC, would be more than welcome! :D)
  • twobites
    twobites Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This change makes perfect sense to me. Yes, the extra tokens were nice, but it always felt like a bug and the game was giving you something that the design never really intended. I can't remember the exact vault purchase price, but at 12k ISO per day, I suspect if you really wanted the vault pulls, you are coming out close to even.
  • astrp3
    edited June 2017
    Options

ursopro said:
    I totally understand the change considering how expensive must be to produce all those vault tokens.

Oh wait...

So by your logic, they could give us all 1.2 septillion tokens for every vault and store, since it doesn't "cost" them anything to make them. Umm....no.  You could argue that these tokens weren't worth much, given what was in the stores, but that undermines your whole "2 steps back" argument.

As twobites said, the extra tokens always felt like a bug to me giving us 4 more tokens per day than they intended to give us and I see this as them correcting something that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

ursopro said:
    As always, 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

As always, someone makes this statement (along with the requisite sarcasm) and I totally disagree. For me, it's more like four steps forward, one step back since I'll take that extra ISO over the tokens any day of the week but YMMV. And if those tokens were for the stores where they changed the 4* cover to 5 CP I'll miss them even less (though my memory is that they were for a separate event store with much better loot).

If those extra tokens WERE for the three sub-event stores and if they added the 5 CP as a quick "fix" for the bug (neither of which I think is the case), then maybe this new change means that they'll be adding the 4* cover back into the stores (though I doubt it).

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This change seems pretty logical to me and solves the problem of 3 subs for each 3 days.  I'd rather have the ISO then the tokens now.  I wouldn't vote that way for ever event, but for this one event it makes sense and seems like a good change.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:

Does anyone else think that this change might be a harbinger that there are going to be more events like this in the future? Probably not, but I'd love to see some (like maybe one where you are Spidey and can choose doors that lead to Doc Ock, Sandman, or Vulture chapters).

It's certainly possible.  A lot of people praise Strange Sights as one of the best PvE events so they'd be smart to make more of something so popular.  But I've learned not to get my hopes up.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think this event token nerf is because this will be the release vault for Sandman. They want us to buy all the tokens, not be using earned rewards. How dare we! 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've always liked the tokens for strange sights cause at the end buying a ten pack gives much better odds than a normal pve vault. but I need the iso so whateves.