R129 Release Notes (6/19/17) *Updated (6/21/17)

Options

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mohio said:
    Yepyep said:
    OK Brigby, I think I've got it, thanks. So powers will take effect at the end of a character's turn, post-tile events (like cascades) so that cascades don't trigger multiple firings of the power. Right?

How about a power like Court Death? Once in a wave node, CD killed all three opponents in that wave. At the start of the next wave, CD fired three times sequentially (once for each death). That only happened once for me but it was GREAT -- and only benefits humans (as we can't fight in waves). Is this a separate matter or part of the fix?
    Not sure you've got it...the powers that have these "additional damage" clauses (which are outlined in the original post) will deal the base + additional damage all at once now, where previously they were dealing damage in two distinct instances which could potentially be beneficial or harmful depending on the circumstance. For instance OML's transformed yellow could have been dealing an aditional 2-3k+ damage to the enemy team since it was counting those huge strike tiles for both sets of damage. Also his transformed black had the potential to down two enemies since the base damage could easily take out one while the additional damage would be applied to a second. On the "bad" side of things, these double damage abilities would trigger damage taking passives twice, like hulk's anger and captain marvel's energy absorption. 
    Helpful and clarifying, Mohio, thanks. The last sentence, especially.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another of the "bad" side effects was fighting against 3* Deadpool.

Lets say you had a heavy damage power lined up and fire it against an enemy with more health than Deadpool.  Unfortunately it gets applied in two parts: the first part damages the target, dropping them below Deadpool's health, and the second part causes Deadpool to jump to the front to mitigate it.  If you can't match away the count down, you've just lost part the potential damage.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options

I appreciate you trying, but I've witnessed first-hand that both Daken and Kingpin are still double-dipping.

Please fix.

kthxby

• Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

I appreciate you trying, but I've witnessed first-hand that both Daken and Kingpin are still double-dipping.

Please fix.

kthxby

I can second that.  I came here to report the same thing.  The Double Dipping is NOT fixed.  :(
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So what's the point of double damage then if it doesn't twice interact with strike tiles why not just add it then to the original damage and simplify a lot of characters and programming
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So what's the point of double damage then if it doesn't twice interact with strike tiles why not just add it then to the original damage and simplify a lot of characters and programming
    Because it's conditional.

Default is Damage X. Under certain conditions, it does Damage X+Y.

The problem is that the game has been treating X and Y as two separate attacks, allowing them to double-dip from strike tiles.

It was already programmed to add together and not interact with strike tiles twice, the problem is that newer content broke it and separated the two, and they haven't patched it back together yet.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    So perhaps they should of fixed this bug before nerfing OML
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, but, you know.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Anon said:
    Yeah, but, you know.
    $$$$
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated Release Notes
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Updated Release Notes
    also kingpin.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'll have to test Spider Woman in simulator. As long as the bug is still in effect, downing the front enemy will mean that only one other enemy will take damage rather than both other enemies.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    I'll have to test Spider Woman in simulator. As long as the bug is still in effect, downing the front enemy will mean that only one other enemy will take damage rather than both other enemies.
    Please post the results. She's only one of two 4* champs that I have. It'd be nice if she could be counted on a bit more. :)
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Updated Release Notes
    also kingpin.

Thanks for the update @Brigby, but as Jaedenkaal points out, Kingpin is also not fixed, can you please look into that?
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Killians8 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Please post the results. She's only one of two 4* champs that I have. It'd be nice if she could be counted on a bit more. :)
    Will have to do it after tonight's clears. So, in 4 hours or so.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I liked the damage bug. :(
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Yes, Spider Woman's System Shock will still only damage one other enemy if the enemy in from is downed. Targeted Cyclops and downed him. Magneto was at 6437 health before and after the attack. IM40 went from 6064 to 4168 health. Magneto took the stun.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spider Woman was not listed on the release notes, and I can confirm after multiple attempts already in The Hunt it is not fixed.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Felonius said:
    Brigby said:
    *Updated Release Notes
    also kingpin.

Thanks for the update @Brigby, but as Jaedenkaal points out, Kingpin is also not fixed, can you please look into that?
    @Jaedenkaal @Felonius
    I have passed along that information to the developers, and they'll be taking a closer look at Kingpin.

@zodiac339 @Blindman13
    I believe that's a slightly different bug, compared to the double damage one previously mentioned, however I will be sure to pass that on to the developers as well.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Felonius said:
    Brigby said:
    *Updated Release Notes
    also kingpin.

@Jaedenkaal @Felonius
    I have passed along that information to the developers, and they'll be taking a closer look at Kingpin.

@zodiac339 @Blindman13
    I believe that's a slightly different bug, compared to the double damage one previously mentioned, however I will be sure to pass that on to the developers as well.
    @Brigby It's the same bug. It's how Daken's Chemical Reaction can down two enemies: base damage downs the one in front, and the enemies shift before the strike tiles are consumed for the second part of the damage, thus downing someone that wasn't targeted. The 9200 damage to the target from System Shock is the base damage in Spider Woman's case. If it downs the target, then like with Daken, the other 2 shift prior to the 1900 damage to "all other enemies" occur. If it weren't coded to hit the enemies in positions 2 and 3 exclusively, then the primary target would also be taking the 1900 damage on top of the base 9200. Thus when the enemies shift, all it sees is an enemy in position 1 and position 2, so it can only damage the one in position 2.
    (Apologies for rounding the damage numbers instead of exact numbers. Hope it doesn't bother you.)