R129 Release Notes (6/19/17) *Updated (6/21/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited June 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R129 update!

MPQ 129!
Check out the latest character additions and events. Thank you for playing!

What's Changed:
  • Powers that have a bonus damage component, in addition to their normal damage, are combined when damage is done.
5-Star Characters:
  • Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)'s power Acrobatic Takedown while the enemy has 12 or more AP in any color.
  • Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)'s power Red in My Ledger with an ally with less than 20% health.
  • Iron Man (Mark XVLI)'s power The Winning Team with at least one Team Iron Man ally.
  • Wolverine (Old Man Logan)'s power Still Sharp with friendly special tiles.
  • Wolverine (Old Man Logan)'s power Old Habits with active allies.
  • Wolverine (Old Man Logan)'s power Finish the Fight with less than the required amount of health to trigger the bonus damage.
4-Star Characters:
  • Drax (The Destroyer)'s power The Destroyer with friendly Countdown tiles.
  • Iceman (All-New X-Men)'s power Whiteout with Blue tiles.
  • The Hulk (Totally Awesome)'s power Mastermind Excello with 12 Blue AP.
  • Iron Fist (Danny Rand)'s power Crowd Control with one enemy remaining.
  • Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)'s power Wilson's Gambit friendly Countdown tiles.
  • Punisher (MAX)'s power Punish with friendly Strike tiles.
  • Punisher (MAX)'s power Army of One with Strike tiles.
  • Sam Wilson (Captain America)'s power Dive-bomb with friendly Protect tiles.
  • Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw)'s power Oldest trick in the book with friendly Countdown tiles.
  • Thor (Goddess of Thunder)'s power Smite with Charged tiles.
3-Star Characters:
  • Beast (Classic)'s power Animal Inside with friendly Blue Special tiles.
  • Colossus (Classic)'s power Colossal Punch when he is at the front of the team.
  • Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men)'s power Full Blast with more than 9 Red tiles.
  • Daken (Classic)'s power Chemical Reaction with friendly Strike tiles.
  • Hulk (Indestructible)'s power Smash Green AP remaining activating the power.
  • Luke Cage (Hero for Hire)'s power Righteous Uppercut with active allies
  • Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable)'s power Nuts from Above with enemy Strike, Protect, and Attack tiles.
2-Star Characters:
  • Daken (Dark Avenger)'s power Chemical Reaction with friendly Strike tiles.
  • Moonstone (Dark Avenger)'s power Photon Blast with Red tiles.
1-Star Characters:
  • Spider-Man (Original)'s power Web Swing with Web tiles.
  • The button that displays the current Heroes for Hire now displays the color of the cover that is available.
  • On Steam, powers that let you select opposing characters will now show the correct order that characters are displayed in.
  • Made characters in battle easier to select to view their description screen.
  • Logging into Facebook will no longer fail for some players if logging in on the Facebook webpage.
  • Alternate power descriptions in the Character Description screen no longer display the incorrect description when a character is recovering health.
  • Iso-8 and Hero Point totals will be appropriately updated when returning to the rewards cache after training a character.
  • Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)'s power Super Secret Tech will properly steal AP if the enemy only has Team-Up AP.
6/21/17 - Update: 
  • Powers that have a bonus damage component, in addition to their normal damage, are combined when damage is done.
We discovered a few characters that the above fix did not properly address. The fix for their abilities will be applied to the R130 update.

Here is a list of those characters:
  • Colossus (Classic) - Colossal Punch
  • Daken (Dark Avengers) - Chemical Reaction
  • Daken (Classic) - Chemical Reaction
  • Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) Nuts from Above
  • Drax (The Destroyer) - The Destroyer

Comments

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    No clue = no new character in this release? So next release after 3 weeks instead Of two to be in sync with spiderman homecoming?
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Would make sense. All the Guardians stuff happened a week before the movie came out. A week off from a new character will put the new character out the same time the next season begins. Perfect time to throw in reworks of Spidey related characters as well, looking at you Eddie Brock and three star Peter!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The sequential effect bug on powers is geting its fix? Pedro is crying twin waterfalls of joy!
    I have to guess Spider Woman is an oversite on that list.
    So does this actually mean that R130 will be bringing 3/5 Vulture? I was hoping for a 4*, but a dual MCU/Classic would be fine. I'd like to see a direct opposition to Falcon, making black or purple matches to weaken enemy special tiles. Maybe even a health gain when matching enemy special tiles (dual reference to carrion feeding and the MCU version's picking off Chitauri tech to get his power).
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

Here are the Pre-Release Notes for the upcoming R129 update!

What's Changed:

And there was much rejoicing.
    yay.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options

Finally the double-damage bug will be addressed, thanks!!!  I'm also always glad for a skipped new character release... Gives me more time to catch-up and champ all 4* (I'm at 46/52 as of yesterday), especially since I need to reseed my 2* farm, and even re-champ a couple 3* that were recently flipped for the first time. 

06/20/17 Update - Update downloaded and used and the double-damage bug is not fixed (at least) for Daken and Kingpin.

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awwww! Just realising, no clue keeps Agent Venom in the store for 2, or even up to 4 more weeks! Boooooooo!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Awwww! Just realising, no clue keeps Agent Venom in the store for 2, or even up to 4 more weeks! Boooooooo!
    More champ levels for mine.   ;)
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yup. I love me some Agent Venom.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Made characters in battle easier to select to view their description screen.

--- Thank you for doing this.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for fixing the double-damage bug! It will be great to not be penalized for that against certain damage-angry characters, such as The Hulk and CMarv3.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby Any news on 3* Captain Marvel's energy absorption firing off up to 3 times when you down 3 enemies with an AOE in a wave node? Because that seems like it may be related to this particular issue. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby Any news on 3* Captain Marvel's energy absorption firing off up to 3 times when you down 3 enemies with an AOE in a wave node? Because that seems like it may be related to this particular issue. 
    It's not. It's related to how enemies "rotate in" to the match and at what time during the resolution of the power.

It IS related to how you can kill 6 enemies with one cast of Whiteout (which is hilarious), which they have presumably fixed.
  • Brigby
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby is it possible for you to call out what if anything changed between preview and final?  I always see these notes and can't tell if anything changed or not.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @broll
    Yes. Usually I will denote any changes or additions with the tag *New Update*.

It's just that lately there haven't been any changes in between the Pre-Release Notes and the Release Notes, so I haven't utilized that tag a lot.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OK thanks for clearing that up.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Felonius said:
    Finally the double-damage bug will be addressed, thanks!!! 
    I'm not aware of what this is. Could someone please describe this issue (and why the fix matters, if not obvious)? Or maybe point me to a thread discussing it?

Thank you!
  • Bobby_Lishez
    Bobby_Lishez Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    Felonius said:
    Finally the double-damage bug will be addressed, thanks!!! 
    I'm not aware of what this is. Could someone please describe this issue (and why the fix matters, if not obvious)? Or maybe point me to a thread discussing it?

Thank you!

Basically powers that dealt damage and "additional damage' were treating this as two separate events. It was probably most notable with Daken's chemical reaction because he would deal the initial damage amd change the blue tiles to green, then if this caused a cascade and created strikes, those strikes could be removed for the extra damage.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OK Brigby, I think I've got it, thanks. So powers will take effect at the end of a character's turn, post-tile events (like cascades) so that cascades don't trigger multiple firings of the power. Right?

How about a power like Court Death? Once in a wave node, CD killed all three opponents in that wave. At the start of the next wave, CD fired three times sequentially (once for each death). That only happened once for me but it was GREAT -- and only benefits humans (as we can't fight in waves). Is this a separate matter or part of the fix?
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    OK Brigby, I think I've got it, thanks. So powers will take effect at the end of a character's turn, post-tile events (like cascades) so that cascades don't trigger multiple firings of the power. Right?

How about a power like Court Death? Once in a wave node, CD killed all three opponents in that wave. At the start of the next wave, CD fired three times sequentially (once for each death). That only happened once for me but it was GREAT -- and only benefits humans (as we can't fight in waves). Is this a separate matter or part of the fix?
    Not sure you've got it...the powers that have these "additional damage" clauses (which are outlined in the original post) will deal the base + additional damage all at once now, where previously they were dealing damage in two distinct instances which could potentially be beneficial or harmful depending on the circumstance. For instance OML's transformed yellow could have been dealing an aditional 2-3k+ damage to the enemy team since it was counting those huge strike tiles for both sets of damage. Also his transformed black had the potential to down two enemies since the base damage could easily take out one while the additional damage would be applied to a second. On the "bad" side of things, these double damage abilities would trigger damage taking passives twice, like hulk's anger and captain marvel's energy absorption.