When was the last time you won a mythic?

Options

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Volrak said:

I was referring to the perceived reduction in drop rates post-SOI/EMN, as well as the gradual correction of casting cost vs. effectiveness, and the bonkers cards from earlier sets.

I sincerely believe they altered the drop rates to slow down player acquisition of mythics, though the spreadsheet gurus can correct this assumption if the data contradicts me.
    Because mythic drops are so rare and the number of players is so large, you can count on some significant group of people experiencing both being "on a roll" just before a release, and being in a mythic drought just after a release.  If you're one of those people, it's a completely natural human reaction to feel like something in the system has changed.

But the truth of that can be tested with data collected from many people's experiences.  In this case, drop rates were looked at for both pre-2.10 and post-2.10 data (see https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64739/2-10-drop-rate-stats).  No measurable change to true drop rates was detected.
    This is very true. Got only the two copies of Glorious End in my initial packs I opened when Amonkhet launched, then after opening today with the addition of new cards, I got 4 new, different mythics plus a masterpiece, so suddenly feel like I'm on a roll.

Edited for clarity, looked like I said I got 4 more Glorious Ends :)
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter said:
    Volrak said:

I was referring to the perceived reduction in drop rates post-SOI/EMN, as well as the gradual correction of casting cost vs. effectiveness, and the bonkers cards from earlier sets.

I sincerely believe they altered the drop rates to slow down player acquisition of mythics, though the spreadsheet gurus can correct this assumption if the data contradicts me.
    Because mythic drops are so rare and the number of players is so large, you can count on some significant group of people experiencing both being "on a roll" just before a release, and being in a mythic drought just after a release.  If you're one of those people, it's a completely natural human reaction to feel like something in the system has changed.

But the truth of that can be tested with data collected from many people's experiences.  In this case, drop rates were looked at for both pre-2.10 and post-2.10 data (see https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64739/2-10-drop-rate-stats).  No measurable change to true drop rates was detected.
    This is very true. Got only the two copies of Glorious End in my initial packs I opened when Amonkhet launched, then after opening today with the addition of new cards, I got 4 of them plus a masterpiece, so suddenly feel like I'm on a roll.

Clearly a sign of tempered drop rates. I suggest you start a new forum thread to complain. 
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I got my third AKH mythic, which was a dupe of my first.  At least it was Sandwurm Convergence, so I suppose I can't complain too much...
  • p2dr
    p2dr Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    just pulled my first Masterpiece B) out of the daily reward KLD booster
    It was https://mtgpq.info/cards/ArcboundRavager
    My last mythic I pulled yesterday from a 300c premium pack: https://mtgpq.info/cards/GloriousEnd
  • damonsteine
    damonsteine Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    that 8/8 uw buffer dude on my second super pack via the more chance of new cards stuff. the first one was a bust, with just a dupe rare. 

then i opened a single prize pack, supposedly less chances and i got a bontu. 

drop rates randomization. wow. 
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I haven't had a mythic since opening AKH packs when the set first came out.  But today my free 3-card basic booster had two rares in it.
  • ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I got 5 mythic from amonkhet so far, well that's counting the 3 (!!!) Oracle's vault ... Salty doesn't even begin to describe the feeling. Did I mention that I've got playset of each approach, dead wrangler, fetid pool and canyon Slough. On a happy note I only got 3 plague belcher and 3 bounty of the luxa so far, I guess I already know what's coming up next (to complete the picture: 38 rares, 16 individuals)

P.S.: What do you need mythics for? The only cards you ever want/need from this set are Drake Haven and New Perspective,
    Luckily I got them both

• Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ElimGarak said:

P.S.: What do you need mythics for? The only cards you ever want/need from this set are Drake Haven and New Perspective,
    Luckily I got them both

Add to that Curator of Mysteries. It's a mythic.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    True story: I used up all my luck pulling Sword of Body and Mind from a daily reward pack.

Since then, Amonkhet was released and I've gotten a grand total of 1 Amonkhet Rare and 0 Mythics. (Regular, active Gold league F2P player.)

I really like the Sword but I'm definitely wondering if it was worth using up all my luck ever on it.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Won? Never. The last time I pulled a mythic was a few days ago from a reward booster. I've bought maybe 5-6 premium packs since AKH dropped and I've yet to get one from there. Hell I don't think I've gotten a mythic from a PP at all since they switched. 
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow.  Developers must have been listening.  I just bought discounted packs and got...... sandwurm convergence.  Happy now.  For a while.  Will be weeks before next one I'm sure 
  • Caeman
    Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Got a Premium pack that gave NO Mythics or rares... tell me again how the drop rates have improved.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Caeman said:
    Got a Premium pack that gave NO Mythics or rares... tell me again how the drop rates have improved.
    I've had one rare in three pps.
    Sometimes, you're just at the wrong end of RNG. The (guaranteed) rares per gold drop rate (in pps) has improved by the way, not the overall drop rates.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Caeman said:

Literally no one of authority has said that. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/646235/#Comment_646235

Cthulhu said:
    Third the card packs we have done some balance tweaking to help reduce the amount of duplicates and give the player a higher chance at obtaining rare cards.

• Ohboy
    Options
    And as already been figured out, this had nothing to do with drop rates. 

You know this. It's been discussed at length. What are you doing? 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dammit, I tried not to interact with you personally @OhBoy, cos I knew it would upset @andrewvanmarle, but it seems we get our wires crossed if I don't spell everything out plainly.

Caeman said:
    Tell me again how the drop rates have improved.
    Ohboy said:
    Cthulhu said:
    Third the card packs we have done some balance tweaking to .... give the player a higher chance at obtaining rare cards.

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    Dammit, I tried not to interact with you personally @OhBoy, cos I knew it would upset @andrewvanmarle, but it seems we get our wires crossed if I don't spell everything out plainly.

Caeman said:
    Ohboy said:
    Cthulhu said:
    Third the card packs we have done some balance tweaking to .... give the player a higher chance at obtaining rare cards.

That is no mention of improved drop rates: He is probably refering to the guaranteed rares, now coming at 300 gold stuff per Premium Pack, no longer 600 per Big Box = twice as much guaranteed rares per gold
  • Ohboy
    Options
    shteev said:

Caeman said:
    Ohboy said:
    Cthulhu said:

Dude. This has been debated, argued and discussed to death. You can't have missed it. Whether you feel it's a deliberately ambiguous statement, or an accurate one, everyone's pretty much agreed that the statement didn't mean they were tweaking drop rates after all. 

So I have to ask again...what are you trying to do here? 
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Opened a premium pack today. First card in the pack: Vindicate. Masterpiece.