When was the last time you won a mythic?

Phillmoore
Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
do these mythic cards actually exist.  We see pretty pictures of them but when was the last time one popped out of a daily reward for you....ie one you didn't buy....and when I do buy ....ITS A DUPE!    Arghaghaghag 

Comments

• Damien
    Damien Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I've only gotten 2 AKH mythics. Both from 5 card boosters won during events in the first couple days after AKH came out. Nothing since then. PPs haven't been giving me squat, usually just the guaranteed rare and maybe some dupe rares.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    Event for Rishkar's expertise.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Two days ago. Masterpiece. Loyal Retainers. Same day - mythic. Glorious End.

EDIT: Both from two premium packs I opened that day.
  • Twee
    Twee Posts: 56 Match Maker
    edited June 2017
    Lol, I've been playing for just over 2 months and have a whopping 3 mythic total.  I'm a very actilve player as well. And i just moved to gold tier, so now I get out classed very easily.  I've never stressed over a game so bad..
  • Gotcha617
    Gotcha617 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    I pulled Nissa's revelation from the origins pack for checking in day 5. Not a dup. But I generally don't get anything except dups.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Yesterday I snagged Woodland Bellower from the Origins pack.

But yes, it's very frustrating. I've had some long droughts myself.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I've opened ~35 packs of Amonkhet, which has yielded one mythic (Combat Celebrant).

This seems about on par with the drop rates I've seen recorded.

That said, the drop rate is atrocious. I get the austerity measures and reining in power creep, but they need to bring the rare/mythic payoff more in line with MtG Paper.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    reining in power creep
    Anyone for cycling?
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, cycling is pretty broken. But at least there's lots of easy to beat blue decks out there now.  :)
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won? Never....

Pulled from a pack? I got two copies of Glorious End from Amonkhet packs. Unfortunate it's such a terrible card.
  • Ironwolf
    Ironwolf Posts: 28 Just Dropped In

In the first two weeks of Amonkhet, I got Vizier of the Menagerie, Annointed Procession, Oracle's Vault, and Heart of Kiran fro KLD.  And 6-7 rares, some dupes (Manticore x3, Drake Haven x2)

I can't complain, and at the rate I had seen them prior to this 'unusual (eye roll) Monty Haul around release I won't see another mythic until I use unobtainium, next new deck release and corresponding Monty Haul, or 6 months from now

• wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    shteev said:
    reining in power creep
    Anyone for cycling?
    Yes... I suppose cycling is a thing. It feels like cheating when I play one, and it's almost an automatic win when I play against one, since the computer never cycles its cards.

I was referring to the perceived reduction in drop rates post-SOI/EMN, as well as the gradual correction of casting cost vs. effectiveness, and the bonkers cards from earlier sets.

The vast majority of my mythics are from Innistrad and Zendikar blocks, even though I've opened far more Kaladesh/Amonkhet cards.

I sincerely believe they altered the drop rates to slow down player acquisition of mythics, though the spreadsheet gurus can correct this assumption if the data contradicts me.

• Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Got one from my trial of Ambition Amonkhet pack today.

Opened Sigarda in a booster from some event on Tuesday.

Opened Rhonas from trial of ambition booster on Monday

Does hazoret from masterpiece pack the week before count?

Overall sitting at 5 Amonkhet mythics, having opened a single premium pack on launch day, and otherwise gotten by with free packs and event prizes. 

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Thuran said:
    Got one from my trial of Ambition Amonkhet pack today.

Opened Sigarda in a booster from some event on Tuesday.

Opened Rhonas from trial of ambition booster on Monday

Does hazoret from masterpiece pack the week before count?

Overall sitting at 5 Amonkhet mythics, having opened a single premium pack on launch day, and otherwise gotten by with free packs and event prizes. 

Sweet.  For about the same investment, I got 1 Masterpiece and 0 Mythics.  At least the Masterpiece is good.
  • Amadeus
    Amadeus Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Guess i am one of the lucky ones pulled 5 mythics from this set and 17 rares 
    opened  3 premium packs, all but one of the mythics have come from 5 packs 
  • MageKnight
    MageKnight Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    2 Weeks ago, 3 Mythic cards. almost all mythic cards I have I obtained from booster rewards in events, I can't remember a Mythic I have drawn from Premium packs
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Today I opened another premium pack and got 2 mythics in it. Non-dupe. Mythic AKH sphinx and support sandwurm storm.
  • ynvoKK
    ynvoKK Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    rhonas on akh release (saved 600 crystals for the update boosters)
    then never got a mythic again (counting 4 premium packs and 20~ event prize boosters)
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor

I was referring to the perceived reduction in drop rates post-SOI/EMN, as well as the gradual correction of casting cost vs. effectiveness, and the bonkers cards from earlier sets.

I sincerely believe they altered the drop rates to slow down player acquisition of mythics, though the spreadsheet gurus can correct this assumption if the data contradicts me.
    Because mythic drops are so rare and the number of players is so large, you can count on some significant group of people experiencing both being "on a roll" just before a release, and being in a mythic drought just after a release.  If you're one of those people, it's a completely natural human reaction to feel like something in the system has changed.

But the truth of that can be tested with data collected from many people's experiences.  In this case, drop rates were looked at for both pre-2.10 and post-2.10 data (see https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64739/2-10-drop-rate-stats).  No measurable change to true drop rates was detected.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Duplicate cascading cataracts from a random booster today