Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit said:
    DFiPL said:
    Brigby said:
    broll said:
    KinDM said:
    What I don't get is why things rotate so slowly. Like, why 3* characters are one new one in, one old one out. Why not just swap 5 old characters for 5 other old characters every season. Same to an extent with 4*s.
    You can take that idea to its most absurd extent (rotate all 20 3*s every day, so that your pool today has none of the characters in it from yesterday (although some from the day before that). Clearly in this system, pulling a token on a random day essentially gets you what amounts to a random 3*, although since available characters are viewable I suppose you could save up your tokens for a day when the character(s) you "want" are in the available pool.

... I'm starting to like this idea, actually.
    These are really good suggestions.  Daily is a little much and season seems too rare.  I'd like this concept applied weekly based on the featured/boosted characters for that week.  This could also help D3 drive HP sales for people without the characters rostered/champed to try and get them in a hurry during those weeks.

Brigby could you pass these ideas onto the devs?
    @broll
    Absolutely. This is one of the threads I plan on adding to my weekly report, but I'll be sure to relay @KinDM and @Jaedenkaal ideas of more frequent full rotations to the developers as I find it very intriguing; timing the rotation and characters to mirror the buffed characters is also a great idea, broll.
    Not enough characters are buffed during a given week to fill the token, though; eyeballing it it looks like there are 7 4* and 7 3* buffed each week.

I guess maybe if you created a 'weekly' token similar to a Classic Legendary, but which contained the buffed 3's and 4's? Price it at 20 or 25 CP, tilt it towards the 3's, but have a 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 chance to pull a buffed 4.

Keep the buffed 2's out of it; there are only a couple in a given week, and nobody would be happy with a token that was a 60% chance to pull one of three 2*.
    20 CP is way too much for a token that contains 3*s. Maybe a 25 CP alternative to latest legends, with a limited selection of vaulted 4*s (8?) and 5*s (3)
    And I think it's fairly common sentiment that 3600 is too expensive for HfH, and yet...

Would I prefer to see something more like 15 CP, since it'd be weighted towards 3's? Yep. But I suspect that if anything like that happened, it would be a minimum of 20 and more likely 25 since it'd be a "limited" token.
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I think it would be a mistake to put any 3* into a token that costs CP. They're so easily gained, that would be a huge waste of CP, unless each 3* pulled gave like 3 covers or something. It seems, from my experience, that a lil variety in available 3* would even things out, and it's 4* where the vaulting has really hurt. Just my $0.02. 
  • Pla5yer99
    Pla5yer99 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    If we tag the 4 stars we want into a 4 stars only CP with better chances that will be good. Maybe we can get a special custom draw pack which we can select 5 to 10 4 stars which we can only draw with cp? This can allow us to boost our 4 stars champs to level 300 and above before it disappear from packs