PvP is beyond broken thanks to powered heroes

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
edited June 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Seriously, why do we need powered 4*s in Pvp - its a total ****. I cant fight level 380 4*s with my 4*s or even 5*s.
OML is super useless same as most of 5*s and thanks to you super smart vaulting, i cant get most of 4*s.
Not mentioning some broken characters like 4* Ms Marvel...
PS: I would place poll here, but this stupid new "better" forum have poll/no poll threads separated...

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is not a new issue. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    PvP is working just fine. I've got champed boosted 4*s and so do my opponents? What's the issue?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Orion said:
    PvP is working just fine. I've got champed boosted 4*s and so do my opponents? What's the issue?
    The issue is that he doesn't have any.
    I do have, but among 10 of my 4*s there is mostly 0 or 1 powered up, while i have to fight against players who have two. Also scalling makes some 4*s overpowered when powered up, while others are weaker.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Then fight as far as you can go, shield up at the end and stop.
    If you can at least hit that 10CP you're on the way to a legendary token or two which will expand your roster.

Though vaulting does hinder things somewhat these days.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Wow. Your arguments are that you don't have any powered 4*s so it shouldn't be in pvp. You don't have Ms. Marvel, therefore she is broken. 

Btw, what good would any OML do you if your roster can't handle 380+? Your OML would only hurt you. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Seems to me you have *nope* and just need to build your roster more. I have 23 champ 4s now, some weeks are better than others based on the buff list. This week great, mrf and Cage working great with the required 3*. Next week might not be so great, won't know until the list comes out

*removed reference to another player - Ducky
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    veny said:

Ms. Marvel is a 2* and she's far from broken. Captain Marvel is the 4* and she's not even boosted but 3* Captain Marvel is.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    carrion pigeons said: is anyone really arguing that PvP isn't terribly designed?
    Very true.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    So yeah, there is some inherent hypocrisy involved in complaining about having a disadvantage, but is anyone really arguing that PvP isn't terribly designed?
    No, of course not.
    But I don't think anyone's arguing that TC's proble is the main reason why it's borked,
  • Beltim
    Beltim Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I actually like the powered up 4*'s per week - keeps things fresh.  However, the match-making seems to be even worse.  Did they change something for this season?

I have 9 championed 4*'s, but none of them are championed for todays event.  Yet for some reason EVERY match that comes up has 2 championed 4*'s in it.  I spent two hours at it and I could not even get to 575 (for the 10 CP).  I can usually nail that no-prob.  Tonight for some reason this is just a complete disaster.  I'm out of health packs, and all of my 4*'s are dead or close to.  I've tried skipping enumerably, but all I get is championed 4*'s.  I even went into level 7 (not 8) because I knew I didn't have a competitive roster today.

This is crazy.  Totally unplayable.  I finally gave up.

So I don't mind the powered-up 4*'s, I do mind this ridiculous match-making which seems to be penalizing me for having so many 4*'s, even though none of them are powered up.
  • Ronburgundy
    Ronburgundy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    The absolute worst part of PvP is that your progression can be reduced WHILE YOU ARE IN A MATCH. I get the whole point of PvP is that it's versus and you can lose progression.... but for the love of God please change the calculation so that the points gained from your match apply towards your progression before the negative points are applied from losses you take while in-match. 

Perfect example - I just crossed the 900 point barrier but did not get the 900 point 4* cover because I got beat several times while I was scrapping my way through that last match to get the 900 progression award. 

It already takes a damn miracle for me to get to 900 (only once in the 4 years I've been playing). This is why. It's also a reminder of why I usually stop playing PvP at 10 CP award. Nothing else beyond that is worth the effort and HP waste on shields. 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    It'd be nice to have a boosted Jean, except she's vaulted now, and has only been a progression reward in pve/pvp once in the last 9 months. 
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Getting to 575 (let alone 900) against two champed boosted 4 stars right from the start of PVP is boring. Yeah, if you have a good roster, you can do it pretty consistently (I have twenty champed 4 stars, I can usually do it). But it's boring, because there's usually two dominant 4 stars amongst the boosted ones each week, and so you'll see a bunch of them. Yawn.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    Seriously, why do we need powered 4*s in Pvp - its a total tinykitty. I cant fight level 380 4*s with my 4*s or even 5*s.
    OML is super useless same as most of 5*s and thanks to you super smart vaulting, i cant get most of 4*s.
    PS: I would place poll here, but this stupid new "better" forum have poll/no poll threads separated...
    This isn't a boosted 4s issue, nor is it a vaulting issue.  If anything it sounds like an MMR issue. 

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once you hit championed 5* status, you'll just play against other championed 5*s... you'll miss playing against boosted 4*s. I used to hate playing against boosted RHulk, and now I rarely even see him in PVP. But just in case, I've made RHulk my one 4* Bonus Hero... got him up to Level 300 now (it's a slow process).
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    This game is a marathon, not a sprint.  You have to play to your limits the entire way, too.  Progress is slow, but you'll get there eventually.  Spend money if you want to speed it up.