Webbed Wonder Event Details (5/31/17)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know this event is all about Doc Ock, but it would have been nice if the Webbed Wonder vault had at least ONE Howard cover in it.  Hello devs....this is a missed sales opportunity knocking....at least I can save my HP.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I know this event is all about Doc Ock, but it would have been nice if the Webbed Wonder vault had at least ONE Howard cover in it.  Hello devs....this is a missed sales opportunity knocking....at least I can save my HP.
    Stop your whining...you get a random cover of Howard FOR FREE!!!

• Case Closed
      • Last repeatable mission in the Swipe Left chapter of Webbed Wonder
      • Wave Mission
      • Rewards a random cover of Howard the Duck
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You wouldn't like more than one opportunity to get a cover for a limited character that you can only get covers for during these events?

It doesn't really make sense for the Webbed Wonder vault to have zero Howard's in it. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You wouldn't like more than one opportunity to get a cover for a limited character that you can only get covers for during these events?

It doesn't really make sense for the Webbed Wonder vault to have zero Howard's in it. 

It is a bit odd.  I would have expected this Webbed Wonder vault to have a Privileged Intellect token, a Coulson, a Howard and some other 4* guy/gal, but they didn't go that way.  Hopefully they run Webbed Wonder before the summer ends with Howard featured again.

That said, I'm glad they still have the random Howard reward in there...

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    We'll, I just saw that I get a token that forces me into either Doc Ock or a latest 12. Thanks, but I'd rather have the CP.
    I agree with this.  I don't like being forced into this CP vault vs just getting the CP.  If it were a boss event I'd except it cause they've always been that way (at least since I started), but changing this for a non-boss, no thank you.

Also, it seemed like they were trying to do boss events for 5* releases, I'm bummed this wasn't a boss event.  
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The available 4*s in Privileged Intellect token will change when the new season comes around, right? I've been waiting for GRocket and Gamora to enter the pool before spending cp
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New McG said:
    Beer40 said:
    We'll, I just saw that I get a token that forces me into either Doc Ock or a latest 12. Thanks, but I'd rather have the CP.
    It's the exact same type of token they've used during release for every 5* since at least, I don't know, the first run of Civil War a year ago?
    I wouldn't be opposed if they'd created a new event (preferably a Boss style alliance event) with the tokens at the end. I thought that is how they were doing the 5* releases with the special tokens? I could be wrong. It still doesn't change the fact that I'd still rather have the 25 CP for a regular event than a special token.

And to use the Howard event to promote Doc Ock isn't great either, in my opinion. This is the time of year when we can try to get a few Howard covers and hopefully one day champ him (or add champ levels, depending on your roster). But it looks like they purposely left Howard out of the vault so that they could focus on the Doc Ock promotion instead. 
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Irritated at the lack of Howard in a Howard event.  Random cover sucks, can't it pop up at the end of the node saying "Pick one cover" and you pick the color cover you want?  My Howard is sitting at 3/4/5.  If that random cover comes up Purple... it is guaranteed to be sold and useless, since I cannot get another Howard in 14 days lest I pay for one with CP... and I cannot delay claiming it.  Lame... duck.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well I recall when Banner came out, there was no special vault, or Boss event. There was just an announcement that he was in tokens, and then it was up to you how much of your CP you wanted to blow on the "latest" vault trying to get him. So for me personally, I'll always look favorably on a chance to earn a free token from a special vault. Yes the 25 CP is cool, but I've hoarded so much of it at this point that not getting it for ONE event doesn't break me in any kind of way. I don't even know what to do with my CP these days honestly other than buying direct covers for 5/5/_ people. My latest 12 have a tendency to end up fully covered, or 1 cover short just from heroics, and placement/progression. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you devs for making that special vault not special. Saves me 1800 iso. 

And no Howard in either vault. Major boos there.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, this event doesn't use the new format of the last one where scaling is tied to Shield Level? I guess I can enter on SL8 again then.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great. Another pve/pvp end time 1 hr apart.  Can we please try and move away from this?  We were on a great roll and now back into the same viscous cycle. 

They are getting a bit thick, aren't they?
    I see what you did there

Glad someone did. :D
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No Howard in the WW vault? What were you guys thinking?
  • djrdjr
    djrdjr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    ...and squirrel girl should be boosted for this event
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djrdjr said:
    I really want to at some point get my roster to where I can run this whole event with basically just Squirrel Girl, Howard, and some version of Spiderman.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djrdjr said:
    I really want to at some point get my roster to where I can run this whole event with basically just Squirrel Girl, Howard, and some version of Spiderman.
    The last run of the event I did that for the first clear with a champed SG, a moderately-covered Howard and a 2-cover BSSM.  I think both Howard and SG were boosted, though.  They weren't up to four clears, much less five.

i'm not sure if I'm in a particularly top-heavy bracket, but it seems like more people than normal are going for top progression since they changed it to five clears.  I don't expect to make it myself due to weekend plans, but I was on pace for the first Sub and didn't even break into the top 300.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can someone please reassure me that I'm not going crazy? When I started the "Duck Be a Lady" sub event earlier, the timer told me "1d 12h remaining" and I presumed it was a 2-day sub. Just checked back and it's already ended. Were my eyes just playing tricks on me?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nonnel said:
    I'm good with it. At least they are trying to give away new shiny thing
    If they want to encourage rather than force people to get those LTs then the obvious answer would be to charge 20 CP for them, it would encourage anyone planning on whaling a character to spend on them and anyone else other than those saving up to buy a cover directly would be hardly affected by it.
  • Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    honestly after fighting 5* Doc Ock I kinda want them to replace pretty much all 3* Doc Ock nodes with the 5* one because he's way less tedious to fight also aww flibnibbity two free LTs? that's surprisingly generous