Webbed Wonder Event Details (5/31/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Hi Everyone,

For the next run of Webbed Wonder, we will be updating the art in a few areas and adding ways to earn tokens to earn 5-Star Doctor Octopus.

Webbed Wonder

• General
    • Starts - Thu, 7:00 am EDT June 1
    • Ends - Monday, 2:00 am EDT June 5
    • Updated art to include Doctor Octopus (Classic)
    • Last progression reward was replaced with a token to the Privileged Intellect Legendary Cover Store
  • Case Closed
    • Last repeatable mission in the Swipe Left chapter of Webbed Wonder
    • Wave Mission
    • Rewards a random cover of Howard the Duck
  • Doc Ock Showdown!
    • Mission against Doctor Octopus (Classic)
    • Unlocks after completing Case Closed in the Swipe Left of Webbed Wonder
    • Rewards a token to the Privileged Intellect Legendary Cover Store
  • Privileged Intellect Legendary Cover Store 
    • 10% chance for a Doctor Octopus (Classic) cover
    • 90% chance at the latest 4-Stars
    • Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Oh, no Boss event for a change.

Well, Webbed Wonder certainly fits as far as the story's concerned.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    What scaling will this event have?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great. Another pve/pvp end time 1 hr apart.  Can we please try and move away from this?  We were on a great roll and now back into the same viscous cycle. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    But are Case Closed and Doc Ock showdown 1-time only missions (or at least the showdown)?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I think I like the Privileged Intellect LT offered at max progression (and for the Showdown node). But, I know quite a few people who would much rather have the 25 CP (assuming this is a 1-time change thing here). 
    25 CP is 20% of a specific 4* cover you need to purchase with 120CP. Be ready for a few 'comments' about this. 
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    What scaling will this event have?
    Same old scaling
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Great. Another pve/pvp end time 1 hr apart.  Can we please try and move away from this?  We were on a great roll and now back into the same viscous cycle. 

They are getting a bit thick, aren't they?
    But you can choose your ending times for both PVE and PVP, since always. Sure if you go with the defaults they'll start close to each other but why not just space them out when picking your start/end times? Or am I missing something here?
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    I'm good with it. At least they are trying to give away new shiny thing
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker

I see what you did there
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    bob554 said:

But you can choose your ending times for both PVE and PVP, since always. Sure if you go with the defaults they'll start close to each other but why not just space them out when picking your start/end times? Or am I missing something here?
    Alliance rewards. If you want to be in two different alliances for the events (i.e. a top PvE alliance for one and a top PvP alliance for the other) you have to switch in that hour, which is an hour where most of the Eastern US would be asleep and much of mainland Europe would be just starting their day.
    Thanks, I've seen the complaint before and was always confused about why it was such a big issue
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Don't tell anyone but if you pick SCL 8 you get 8 CP and a themed LT from progression and if you pick SCL 7 you get 8 CP and a themed LT from progression but you also have to fight not quite as tough enemies.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Beer40 said:
    We'll, I just saw that I get a token that forces me into either Doc Ock or a latest 12. Thanks, but I'd rather have the CP.
    It's the exact same type of token they've used during release for every 5* since at least, I don't know, the first run of Civil War a year ago?
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Don't tell anyone but if you pick SCL 8 you get 8 CP and a themed LT from progression and if you pick SCL 7 you get 8 CP and a themed LT from progression but you also have to fight not quite as tough enemies.
    you can believe that if you want. I will just sit in SCL8 and face the same enemies you do with slightly better rewards.

the SCL determines your enemy level wasn't a perm change, just a test. The next event is back to normal.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well at least you're not running a boss event INSTEAD of regular PVE for a change.

I'd still prefer the 25 CP instead of this token.

Also, bring back CL based scaling.
    Immediately.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Oh sweet summer child...
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    zulux21 said:
    the SCL determines your enemy level wasn't a perm change, just a test. The next event is back to normal.
    Oh, even better - I place top 20 in SCL 7 for the same effort that gets me top 200 in SCL 8.