Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Arix90 said:
    Could have at least fixed some 3*s cough psylocke cough
    What's wrong with Psylocke ?
    I keep trying to find good teams for her but nothing ever seems to work for me... It's like she is trying to do so much that she ends up doing very little
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options

The following characters will be leaving packs:

• Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    • Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    • Luke Cage (Power Man)
    Ive got one maxxed champed GSBW and another at lvl 171. Counting on farming fishnets BW to max champ the level 171. 

Spider-woman is at lvl 298 and 4Cage is at lvl 291. Will be sad to see them go but I never really use these characters unless that are featured and boosted
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Skrofa said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Arix90 said:
    I keep trying to find good teams for her but nothing ever seems to work for me... It's like she is trying to do so much that she ends up doing very little
    I think she works best with heroes that can take advantage of her cheap abilities. Khamala Khan comes to mind (burst heal the team when Psylocke uses a power). She can plant protect & attack tiles, meaning she is good with C4rol also. Star-Lord can make her powers even cheaper, Coulson is also interesting. If you have Coulson, you can also try the new Drax as a trio. 

Granted when you are in 4* land, most 3* heroes start to pale in comparison, but I think Psylocke is decent for her purpose: fast & cheap hero (similar to Quick Silver from that regard).
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Where's the fix for C4rol's Energy Manipulation (green power) ??? How long do we have to wait? Another month?
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:

There will not be any character updates during the Reality Gem Versus Season.

@Brigby
    Did the dev team give a reason for this like bug fixing or an exciting new feature cause this is one of the things that keeps us older players around. And one of the reasons I keep those lame old and useless characters on my roster. When they are updated they tend to be great but there are so many that need love to skip a month of updates seems like a really bad idea. 
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Ok so I played C4rol and the bug has been fixed although there's no mentioning it
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The reason we complain is not because it is one small thing like "oops, we are a bit busy gearing up for something so we can't work on older heroes". It is a pervasive pattern of changes that pretty blatantly do not improve the quality of life for the playerbase as a whole. If you want to  keep letting it slide and not call them on their ****/laziness/lack of communication/moneygrubbing, then by all means. Though to be fair, they have basically never listened to anything anyone has said. Just look at the H4H reasoning or the OML blurb. 
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hope we're not getting another Spider-Man any time soon. There are 4 of them already+ Miles Morales+Spider Gwen. A revamp of the older ones to make them more powerful would be welcomed though. Spidey 3* is useless- I'm basically just farming him.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby said:

There will not be any character updates during the Reality Gem Versus Season.

Brigby
    Did the dev team give a reason for this like bug fixing or an exciting new feature cause this is one of the things that keeps us older players around. And one of the reasons I keep those lame old and useless characters on my roster. When they are updated they tend to be great but there are so many that need love to skip a month of updates seems like a really bad idea. 
    Hi @elwhiteninja . Apologies, but I unfortunately don't know the exact reason why they were unable to implement any character updates for the Reality Gem season. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,513 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Skrofa said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Arix90 said:
    I think she works best with heroes that can take advantage of her cheap abilities. Khamala Khan comes to mind (burst heal the team when Psylocke uses a power). She can plant protect & attack tiles, meaning she is good with C4rol also. Star-Lord can make her powers even cheaper, Coulson is also interesting. If you have Coulson, you can also try the new Drax as a trio. 

Granted when you are in 4* land, most 3* heroes start to pale in comparison, but I think Psylocke is decent for her purpose: fast & cheap hero (similar to Quick Silver from that regard).

She looks good on paper - strike tiles that make successive strike tiles cheaper, and eventually turn into a 5 red single hit enhanced by strike tiles.  The strike tiles add to the effectiveness of the black hit and its attack tile.  The blue gives her a bit more utility.

The problem is her numbers are pretty meh all around - the strike and attack tiles aren't really big enough to do a lot, nor are the hits. Her strikes rarely feed each other since they tend to go away after a turn or two - creating one special tile is fairly ho-hum since they get destroyed so easily.  It's the same problem with her attack tile - sure at only 6ap you can kind of spam them if you get 18 black, but for 18 black you should absolutely destroy the other player, while she does... okay.  The blue rarely goes off, and frequently, when it does, it doesn't work very well.

She's a fairly early character, and it shows.

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Though with the new character announcement, Bewilder gets the slightest of usability boosts to power all the Green AP that Cunning Scheme requires. ;-p
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Skrofa said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Arix90 said:

Wow!!! Your Psylocke can plant Protect tiles?! That is pretty good...
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Arix90 said:
    She's arguably the worst 3 star. If not worst, bottom 3. 

Even spiderman can create webs for others, and heal and be somewhat useful.
    Everything she attempts to do is done better and her numbers are too bad to have any impact.

it stands out to anyone who actively wants to collect or play the xmen.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    GurlBYE said:
    D4Ni13 said: 
    Arix90 said:

Everything she attempts to do is done better and her numbers are too bad to have any impact.

Rags, Doc Oc, Spidey, & Sentry are all easily worse.  But Psylocke does really need to be reworked.   That blue power may be the most useless in 3* land.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No 3starlord as simulator rewards? What up with dat!
  • elwhiteninja
    Options
    RoboDuck said:
    GurlBYE said:
    D4Ni13 said: 
    Arix90 said:

Rags, Doc Oc, Spidey, & Sentry are all easily worse.  But Psylocke does really need to be reworked.   That blue power may be the most useless in 3* land.
    Sentry is actually pretty boss with c4rol. I have yet to see how strong the tiles get by the end of his green, cause the match ends about 4 resolves in.
    Rags is the worst, followed by spider (only his blue is good), doc oc can be good against certain enemies, psylocke is not horrible but she is far from good. And yeah her blue is horrible
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sentry is actually pretty boss with c4rol. I have yet to see how strong the tiles get by the end of his green, cause the match ends about 4 resolves in.
    Yeah I've tried that, it's pretty slick. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, though, there are better combos that don't require 12 green AP (or any AP, for that matter). It's cute when Sentry is boosted (for the health, mostly, the actual damage of world rupture tiles is almost entirely meaningless)
  • elwhiteninja
    Options
    I did aJaedenkaal said:
    Yeah I've tried that, it's pretty slick. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, though, there are better combos that don't require 12 green AP (or any AP, for that matter). It's cute when Sentry is boosted (for the health, mostly, the actual damage of world rupture tiles is almost entirely meaningless)
    I did a sent bomb with protect tiles on the board I had 3×10700 after they resolved