Reality Gem Season Changes (5/25/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

For the Reality Gem Season, the new Guardians of the Galaxy characters will be entering packs: 

• Star-Lord (Peter Quill)
  • Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
  • Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

The following characters will be leaving packs:

• Black Widow (Grey Suit)
  • Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
  • Luke Cage (Power Man)

There will not be any character updates during the Reality Gem Versus Season.

Comments

• drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options

:'( That's sad no character updates.

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shame there's no character changes, but kudos on getting the word out before anyone started a speculation thread.
  • dlamp
    dlamp Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but when does the changeover actually happen? When the season starts or when this one ends? Just want to maximize CP hoarding to try and champ cage.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dlamp said:
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but when does the changeover actually happen? When the season starts or when this one ends? Just want to maximize CP hoarding to try and champ cage.
    Its when the new season starts... which makes it... next thursday I think? (June 1st)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    dlamp said:
    Its when the new season starts... which makes it... next thursday I think? (June 1st)
    That is correct. The Reality Gem Season starts next Thursday, June 1st
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sooooo still no Spider-Man? I hope he's next, just in time for his new movie
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Wow, two enter and two leave the B12...

I'd got up to 95% of the B12 champed, this will take me down to 9/12 (75%).  I was sick of getting Spider-Woman covers anyway... ...I suppose getting more access to those latest unchamped three (C&D, G4mora, and Grock4t), will give me the opportunity to get them champed, right?  Right?!?

lol

• zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I imagine a spiderman buff will happen with the new movie. heck I am expecting something like a 5* 2099 spider man for the movie as well.

or even just another classic spiderman.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Could have at least fixed some 3*s cough psylocke cough
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No revamped characters would be fine if they were spending time fixing broken characters, but we all know that ain't happening either.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Spider-Woman is at 10 covers, and soon to be 11, iirc, from She-Hulk or something getting champ rewards.  I had hope for a while of actually getting one of these guys covered, but I guess it wasn't to be.  Too bad, I was just starting to be a little impressed with her, at level 200.  Her black is pretty fun to abuse.  My Cage is on 6 covers I think, so those are probably just gone to waste now.  At least Jessica has a shot of getting covered via events someday.

First time I've ever really wished I had hoarded.  So much fun how the 4* transition can last for eternity these days.  I guess I'll just pin my hopes on my 7-cover Medusa.  Is there a list of which characters leave tokens in what order?  I'm afraid I don't remember well.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Next ones to leave are
    gwen pool 
    Then blade
    Then i think agent venom then medusa
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    Next ones to leave are
    gwen pool 
    Then blade
    Then i think agent venom then medusa
    Correct order.  Then:
    Cap Marvel
    Riri
    Mordo
    Agent Coulson
    Iron fist
    Cloak & Dagger
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Disappointing no character updates.  It's been a big thing to look forward to each season.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sooooo still no Spider-Man? I hope he's next, just in time for his new movie
    More likely he'll join the other MCU characters in 5* land.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, losing 1 of the best 3 stars, and no corresponding rework this season?  bummer. If they had reworked 3 star spidey and kept him over GSBW, that would be one thing.  @Brigby, do you know if the groups that do reworks work directly with the group that designs new characters? ie: Maybe 3*spidey isn't being reworked because a new 4*spidey is coming? I know you can't comment for or against upcoming characters, but you could diplomatically answer that....
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm more bummed by C4ge leaving than GSBW. She's never really clicked for me, and my C4ge is at 4/0/2, which is so close to being useful.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well my C4ge thanks you for the amazing vaulting system. He was recently champed and made it all the way to 275. 

Now he can join the rest of my champs that will see about 2 or 3 additional champ levels in the next year. 

Dilution solved, good job. 

I need a good golf clap gif...... anyone?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GSBW leaving not really a huge deal as if you have a 2-star champ farm (which everyone should), you can get quite a lot of covers from OBW's champ rewards.

Sucks there are no reworks this season. I can name 10 3-stars off the top of my head that can use it.