Please comment on the decision to backload pve cp progression rewards.

1235»

Comments

• sandalsnopants
    sandalsnopants Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Maybe it was implemented to weed out some of the players who do nothing but whine about the game.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta said:
    Alsmir said:
    alphabeta said:
    Vhailorx said:

(2) why should "proper" play require 2+ hours a day just for pve?  As i said in the original post: how much is "too much"?
    Why should 80% plus of those getting the CP rewards in pve do that sort of effort and you be able to gain both high placement and full CP sniping a late bracket?

I understand why you wouldn't like the change but for the vast majority of the player base this is positive because they were already doing the work - plus that effort now comes with an active benefit vs those who wants to sit out two days of a 4 day event.

Frankly I'd be all for removing bracket info from pve like they do in pvp or closing the ability to join an event after that slice has been open for 24 hours - yes these are changes to the status quo but they remove a style of gameplay that disproportionately benefits a small subset of players who spend there lives on Line seeking pve rewards without putting in the full effort.
    I guess you have a proper data to back up your claim?

Yes - multiple pre join brackets in all PVE and 2 flips within the first 24 hours - then 1 flip typically late on - each bracket is 1000 players so lets say that 4000 players playing from either immediate start or within first day - no late flip bracket ever fills but I'll be generous and count it as 1000

So that's 4000/5000 players who are doing full event work for progression vs 20% (generously) who weren't.

Benefit to the vast majority were I'm defining vast majority as 80%+ because they get full progression and to compete over full length of event for placement where the 20% could have previously made most if not all the CP and sniped easy placement - not they might get the easy placement but no CP.

Got more snark for me?
    You've confused data with conjecture.