Bugs in the Update

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Froggy Thanks for the info! I'll add it to the list, and relay it to the developers.

@PhoenixRisen I believe that falls under the issue of 'Enter the battlefield' effects triggering twice instead of once.

@Yvendros Interesting. The developers are aware of this issue with Liliana's Grave Mist, but you're saying that it occurs with her Raise Dead ability as well?
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby please note the bug in Alhamarret Archive. The card is not working properly. Instead of double life gain, instead it prevents you to gain any life at all.
  • Gaitreli
    Gaitreli Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't know whether this counts as a bug or not, but on the leaderboard tied scores aren't sharing a position anymore. Ranks 116-121 all have the same score (103). I took a screenshot of this because earlier today I was tied for 56th with three people and was confused why I'm not tied for 116 (or higher, since I can't see further down the list). 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gaitreli said:
    I don't know whether this counts as a bug or not, but on the leaderboard tied scores aren't sharing a position anymore. Ranks 116-121 all have the same score (103). I took a screenshot of this because earlier today I was tied for 56th with three people and was confused why I'm not tied for 116 (or higher, since I can't see further down the list). 

I guess the tiebreaking system is only active, when the same score leads to a "tie" on a reward, meaning : rank one and two, five, ten, twenty-five, fifty, and so on. If everybody with the same points also shares the same reward by default, there is no need to put them on the same rank.
  • Avacyn
    Avacyn Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Brigby
    After discovering that Giant Spectacle is currently bugged i went looking for a replacemnt till it gets fixed.

I found that Call of the Full Moon(uncommon support) and Decimator of the Provinces (mythic creature) also cancel out first and double strike abilities. 

The only card that grant berserker without canceling first/double strike ability is Brawler's  Plate(uncommon support).

• Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby

This bug scares me. Undergrowth Champion was somehow awarded god status and immunity to destroy spells. No, this is not due to a support or spell given to it. The rest of it works like intended - as in, -1/-1 per hit rather than the damage dealt.

Scary bug to be fixed urgently.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    Madcap Experiment is glitching the card it pulls. Been using it to grab Boom Ship, but the card art takes the appearance of one of the cards nearest it in hand. This art will change to a new card when moved in hand. It's caused a few mistakes, but you can usually tell which one is which if you look at the mana costs.

I use the card names as it's the most reliable.

HH
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Avacyn said:
    @Brigby
    After discovering that Giant Spectacle is currently bugged i went looking for a replacemnt till it gets fixed.

I found that Call of the Full Moon(uncommon support) and Decimator of the Provinces (mythic creature) also cancel out first and double strike abilities. 

The only card that grant berserker without canceling first/double strike ability is Brawler's  Plate(uncommon support).

First Strike + Berserker seems to work properly on this card, as well, maybe because both effects are granted naturally within the same card?

• G_pretender
    G_pretender Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Adding this here, too.

Sram is getting double buff from servos and supports. Gets +2/+2, but only loses -1/-1 upon servo destruction. I'll test colorless thopters next.
    This I believe is correct. He gets buffed by colourless creatures and supports. Servo tokens are colorless supports, so he gets +1 from his hability and +1 from the servo if he is the first creature. Talented automaton guives him +3 if he is your first creature. 
  • Avacyn
    Avacyn Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options

First Striking creatures equipped with Brawler's Plate works fine. But if you were to add Haunted Cloak (Rare spell) on top of that, it will cancel the first strike ability from that creature.

• LordRay
    LordRay Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    In todays event Kiora starts with only half the hit points.  With so many bugs at the moment am considering stopping playing.  It is beyond frustrating.
  • BigMcHuge
    BigMcHuge Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Glorious End is killing my creatures at the end of my next turn, as opposed to the end of my current turn. Not that I'm complaining, but a bug is a bug.

Also Baral's Expertise and Arlinn's third ability are both bugged, but that was the case before this update.
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Here's my experience with the attack priority bug:

I cast two Lone Riders, buffed them with Nahiri's first ability a few times to end up with a 20/20 It That Rides as One.

It then ran into an Angel of Invention.  Battle log records:
    Angel of Invention takes damage, goes to 0 HP.
    AI takes the remaining damage thanks to Trample
    It That Rides as One then takes 13 damage.  Clearly this last step shouldn't be happening because of First Strike.

By comparison, my Kor Ally was buffed several times, then Uncaged Fury was cast on it.  It went up against a Peacewalker Colossus and Double Strike worked as expected there.
  • MageKnight
    MageKnight Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Baral's Expertise does not cast

• Eglyntine
    Eglyntine Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Froggy Thanks for the info! I'll add it to the list, and relay it to the developers.

@PhoenixRisen I believe that falls under the issue of 'Enter the battlefield' effects triggering twice instead of once.

@Yvendros Interesting. The developers are aware of this issue with Liliana's Grave Mist, but you're saying that it occurs with her Raise Dead ability as well?
    You are correct, we are unable to use Leliana1's second or third ability without it locking up the game. It has been like this since the new update I just assumed some one already reported it.
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

I've seen some additional odd effects with a couple of other cards, but I wasn't sure what was happening in one case.

The first was with Graf Harvest when I was fighting a Liliana the Last Hope; GH triggered twice each time a creature died. She had not used her third loyalty ability, it was only Graf Harvest and the Battle Log even showed it triggering twice each time.

Another weird bug was in Node 3.1 of Revolt Against the Consulate. The AI summoned an Angel of Invention, and once its fabricate effect happened, it seemed to move another creature to the Battlefield - a Metalwork Colossus was cast, even though it didn't have full mana. In the Battle Log, right after the Angel was cast there was the message "a card was triggered", repeated 4 or 5 times, and then the Colossus was cast. I have no idea what what was going on, but I'd never seen this effect before when playing the event.

• Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:

yeps.  ai started cascading, so i looked away for a moment, but not before i saw ai's 3rd ability available.  cascade gave extra turn, it looked like AI tried using 3rd ability, as none of its abilities were available on the frozen screen.  

i guess it's my fault for letting the cascade happen...  never again!  :smiley:

• Eglyntine
    Eglyntine Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    julianus said:

I've seen some additional odd effects with a couple of other cards, but I wasn't sure what was happening in one case.

The first was with Graf Harvest when I was fighting a Liliana the Last Hope; GH triggered twice each time a creature died. She had not used her third loyalty ability, it was only Graf Harvest and the Battle Log even showed it triggering twice each time.

I can confirm the Graf Harvest bug.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @julianus
    The colossus gains mana from supports coming into play, like vehicles from creatures
  • ChowDerHead
    ChowDerHead Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options

Confirming the issue where "Baral's Expertise" fails to cast properly after the most recent update (5/23/2017).  Prior to this dumpster fire update, I was able to cast Baral's Expertise successfully - that is, return an opponent's creature to their hand and add mana to a card which met the requirements of the spell.

Post update, the spell doesn't cast and remains in my hand with full mana.  Tried casting it against two different creatures with no result.  I was allowed to select the target creature, but nothing happened.

This is just ridiculous.

EDIT: Came across a similar thread which seemed to suggest that both aspects of the card need to be satisfied in order to work.

Per BigMcHuge: "It seems to require both aspects of the card in order for either one to work. You need a legal target that can be bounced, plus have a card that costs 8 or less in your hand."

I'll try to reproduce.