How many hoarded KLD packs do you plan to crack open next week?

Options
13»

Comments

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    50-99
    Beastvold said:
    @Volrak

Is it worth asking users to separate entries for different types of packs? (Booster, Super, Premium) I wonder if there are different percentages for each pack, and combining them together could skew the statistics.

When I uploaded, I just did two columns next to each other to separate my regular boosters from the super booster pack.
    We've looked at the distribution of rarities between different pack types in the past and found no evidence there was any difference (except basic boosters).  And we'll continue to look at AKH pack differences from individual packs opened in the normal "Data" tab.

If you are happy to take the extra effort to separate the data by pack type you're welcome to, but we haven't made it mandatory, because the more we ask the people contributing the data to do, the less data we're likely to get.  And in this case, the focus of the data isn't pack type but looking at individual rare/mythic/MP drops.

Thanks everyone for the added data so far, it's going to be really helpful for drop rate analysis.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    50-99
    Can we confirm that any of the AER Exclusive Mythics have been opened?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't been hoarding
    Volrak said:
    Thanks everyone for the added data so far, it's going to be really helpful for drop rate analysis.
    Will you prepare something for the forum also?
    I like your data sheet (copy my collected data over regulary), and use it from time to time to compare the data with mine, but your interpretation / conclusion interests me a lot!
  • Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    50-99
    Can we confirm that any of the AER Exclusive Mythics have been opened?
    Yes
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    20-49
    I recorded mine here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JUeuf0BcOlNHpt3dA7SQ838ws7AOlWMEz-4AAG2dYrE/edit#gid=545160007

It's the spreadsheet in Volrak's sig. I encourage you to input stuff if you can!

• PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    34 packs opened

Mythics:
    Exquisite Archangel (new), Mechanized Production (new), and Metallurgic Summonings (dupe).

Rares (11 dupes!):
    Peacewalker Colossus, Servant of the Conduit, Cultivator's Caravan, Greenbelt Rampager, 2x Midnight Oil, 2x Captured by the Consulate, Glint-Sleeve Siphoner, Freejam Regent, Oath of Ajani

...and yet, I still have yet to pull Bomat Courier, Aetherflux Reservoir, Insidious Will, AND Fateful Showdown, despite playing EVERY event and obtaining EVERY possible KLD pack.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    50-99
    Main: 47 boosters, 1 super pack
    2 myhtic (dupes), 12 rare (1 new, rest dupes)

Alt: 24 boosters, 1 super pack
    2 mythic (both new), 2 rare (dupes)

I have not added this to the spreadsheet but I have more data kicking around as well that I will add later. Just wanted to share with the class about my main's misfortune and my alt's good luck.
  • BostonBubba
    BostonBubba Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    20-49
    I posted a video in the Pack Opening Videos thread, if anyone cares to tally the data. (Opened a total of 50 packs; one booster had both a masterpiece and a mythic!)
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    50-99
    Will you prepare something for the forum also?
    I like your data sheet (copy my collected data over regulary), and use it from time to time to compare the data with mine, but your interpretation / conclusion interests me a lot!
    Yes, definitely.  But between getting to know AKH, playing in the new events, and sorting out the pack opening videos, I'm unlikely to have time for much new analysis until the weekend.  (I still haven't opened my own KLD packs.)

And of course anyone who wants to do their own analysis using the collected data is most welcome to also.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    50-99
    I opened 70 KLD packs and received only 1 mythic (plus rares that were all dupes). 1 mythic for 70 packs (16 of those came from bundle packs where drop rate should be slightly higher) is not my idea of good ROI.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Opened 9 KLD loose packs, 2 rares in 45 cards. AMK 5-pack, all common/uncommon. ****
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    100-199
    i opened:
    ~145 loose packs
    2 each of old BB, fatpack, and new bb and fatpacks.
    199 packs?

only a few new rares, lots of dupes (i'm only missing 11 atm)

New cards:
       Masterpieces:
    • Mind's Eye
       Mythics:
    • Aethertide whale
    • aetherworks marvel
    • rishkar
    • marionette master
    • metalwork colossus
    • planar bridge
    • dynavolt tower
    • gonti's aether heart
    • AND RISHKAR'S EXPERTISE!
    That's a good pull?  right?  RIGHT!?  
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have been hoarding but won't be opening until later (e.g. when new dupe system is explained or released)
    I haven't been hoarding long, but I have gotten around 20 packs, none of them are getting opened until this ludicrous dupe issue is resolved.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    100-199
    Yvendros said:
    i opened:
    ~145 loose packs
    2 each of old BB, fatpack, and new bb and fatpacks.
    199 packs?

only a few new rares, lots of dupes (i'm only missing 11 atm)

New cards:
       Masterpieces:
    • Mind's Eye
       Mythics:
    • Aethertide whale
    • aetherworks marvel
    • rishkar
    • marionette master
    • metalwork colossus
    • planar bridge
    • dynavolt tower
    • gonti's aether heart
    • AND RISHKAR'S EXPERTISE!
    That's a good pull?  right?  RIGHT!?  
    Wow you pulled every event exclusive except the god awful mechanized production.
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    100-199
    babar3355 said:
    Yvendros said:
    ~~~
    Wow you pulled every event exclusive except the god awful mechanized production.
    I know!  i was super excited.  the only other mythics i had were lightning runner, angel of invention, architect and green gearhulk..