5* acquistion rate

13»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Magic said:
    24 championed 4* on 557 days? That is beyond hardcore (unless helped a bit by the coin, but that's fine, no judgment here). 1200+ and top5 in SCL8? Well - hello, you are in the end game. So what that your 5* are not championed. They will be at some point. But your results suggest that you are at the top of the players crop and that is only after 557 days. Impressive, keep going if you still enjoy the game and don't worry about the end line.

I just looked through the BC history from the last PVP event.
    Jgomes used 6 shields and didn't hit 1200 - that wouldn't have happened with champed 5s.
    I think the frustrating experience of the last PVP event inspired that post a bit ;)
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure. But most players without championed 5* don't think about getting the 1200 (speaking from experience with 30+ 4* champions). It is just too tedious of a task to bother. If a player can get to that level - it's the end game. You got there, you might have to fight harder than some others who started earlier but you are outplaying most of the player base. 

The problem with this being the end game is that there is nothing else to look forward to. You either keep pushing or you find new goals and scale down. Getting to that level takes everybody a step closer to moving on to the next big thing.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peej13 said:
    bbigler said:
    Peej13 said:
    bbigler said:
    Well, with enough testimonials you guys are starting to make a believer out of me.  Unfortunately, I'm not at your same level right now.  I only have 12 x 4*s champed and no 5* champs, so it's very difficult (near impossible) for me to reach 900 or 1200 in PVP.  Most of my 3*s are below level 220.  But I can get top 5 placement in PVE though.

I suppose I could get 15+ LL pulls per week after some more development, so perhaps in a couple months I'll open my hoard and then starting pulling latest continually after that.  I'm just hesitant to open my hoard when most people think 5* Star Lord isn't very good, but he wouldn't leave the pool until October.  Opening my hoard before he enters is also a bad idea because of a lack of ISO to champ everyone. 
    I would open before, if I were you. You probably want Thanos.
    Having a half covered Thanos isn't going to help me.  My decisions are simple, they are based on my ISO supply because I don't want to waste any of my hard earned LL tokens or CP (which is the reason I started hoarding in the 1st place).  So, from my predictions, I'll eventually get to a state of ISO surplus when most of my latest 12 are champed.  But until then, I'm in an ISO deficiency, hence the hoarding. 
    I have all of the latest champed, except R&G and C&D, and I still have the ISO shortage that most everyone has
    Then what are you spending your ISO on?  Vaulted 4*s?  5*s? When I no longer have an ISO shortage with the latest 12, then I'll probably open the hoard.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic said:
    24 championed 4* on 557 days? That is beyond hardcore (unless helped a bit by the coin, but that's fine, no judgment here). 1200+ and top5 in SCL8? Well - hello, you are in the end game. So what that your 5* are not championed. They will be at some point. But your results suggest that you are at the top of the players crop and that is only after 557 days. Impressive, keep going if you still enjoy the game and don't worry about the end line.
    24 championed 4*s on 557 days is beyond hardcore?  I consider myself on the lower end of hardcore and certainly no whale and I have 17 champed 4* on day 432 (and will be up to 19 or 20 in 2 weeks)
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Bowgentle said:
    Magic said:

I just looked through the BC history from the last PVP event.
    Jgomes used 6 shields and didn't hit 1200 - that wouldn't have happened with champed 5s.
    I think the frustrating experience of the last PVP event inspired that post a bit ;)
    I made 1225 last event. Only event this season below 1200 was Star-Lord. Cyclops and Star-Lord  t10, the rest was all t5 aroud 1300-14xx.

And i meant "hardcore" as in time dedicated i guess, i don't have a "hardcore" roster. It's a good 3-4h (sometimes more) play per day. I'm sure my roster could've been better by day 557. But also keep in mind i'm a free player.

Edit: And also yes, last event was hard to say the least. 

Edit 2: No feeling of entitlement but i do think 557 days is a long time, i'll have a fully covered 5* by day 1000? That's just asking too much out of someone starting today. Just not realistic.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Magic said:
    24 championed 4*s on 557 days is beyond hardcore?  I consider myself on the lower end of hardcore and certainly no whale and I have 17 champed 4* on day 432 (and will be up to 19 or 20 in 2 weeks)
    Progression in the game has gotten faster as time goes on.  Before DDQ was introduced, progression was extremely slow, but many of us have spent hundreds of days playing the game during that time.  After Champions, Shield Rank, Legendary tokens and CP were introduced, progression got even faster.  Now with vaulting, 4* progression is very fast. 

So, you shouldn't judge your skill or progression rate or level of hard-core-ness based on the number of days you've played vs how many 4* champs you have.  Newer players have a clear advantage on that scale.  For comparison, I consider myself somewhat hardcore, and at day 708, I have 13 champed 4*s, which I think is great since I had none 6 months ago.  I spent about 275 days before DDQ, when having a fully covered/leveled 3* was a great accomplishment. 
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    jgomes32 said:
    I made 1225 last event. Only event this season below 1200 was Star-Lord. Cyclops and Star-Lord  t10, the rest was all t5 aroud 1300-14xx.
    How do I get these brackets? The few times I played scl8 1300-14xx wouldn't have even been good enough for top 25 never mind top 5.

I usually play scl7 and 2k points is almost never good enough for top 5. Is scl8 that much easier for placement? 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    jgomes32 said:
    How do I get these brackets? The few times I played scl8 1300-14xx wouldn't have even been good enough for top 25 never mind top 5.

I usually play scl7 and 2k points is almost never good enough for top 5. Is scl8 that much easier for placement? 
    Depends on the slice and time you join. Last season and the first half of this one S1 t5 cutoff was 13xx. S2 you can get t5 around 900-1k. It varies from each slice.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    jgomes32 said:Depends on the slice and time you join. Last season and the first half of this one S1 t5 cutoff was 13xx. S2 you can get t5 around 900-1k. It varies from each slice.
    Meanwhile, in s4, 2000 might not even get you t25. Good thing they kill cupcakes, eh? We might have some crazy scoring otherwise! :D