5* acquistion rate

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    I imagine we might one day see a 5* only token, but my guess is the CP cost would be higher than anyone really wants to invest against RNG.
    I would expect it to be expensive- 100+ cp, but isn't it worth it for a guaranteed 5*? I think so.....
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Milk Jugz said:
    I would expect it to be expensive- 100+ cp, but isn't it worth it for a guaranteed 5*? I think so.....
    Well, it's 720cp to buy a 5* cover now, so 100cp is a bargain I'd jump at.  I can put together well over 100cp in a week.

Since we're wishing for things we'll never get, I'd like them to replace standard tokens with LTs.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    jackstar0 said:
    I imagine we might one day see a 5* only token, but my guess is the CP cost would be higher than anyone really wants to invest against RNG.
    Too true. All you have to do is sell your OML...
  • Peej13
    bbigler said:
    Peej13 said:
    bbigler said:
    True, the only good way to cover 5*s right now is to hoard for many months, then open latest.  I'm hoping that they will introduce another method of obtaining 5* covers, that isn't a placement reward. 
    I open as I go. I started when Black Bolt left (bad move, I know). Since then, I have 458 Widow, 461 Strange, 470 Thanos, 456 Panther, and 1/1/3 Hawkeye. 

You're right. Hoarding is the only way.
    How many LL tokens are you opening in a week? 

I get about 2 - 3 LL tokens and 140 CP in a week, which equals about 8 pulls.
    They release a 5* every 6 weeks, and only 3 are in LL, so that means a 5* is in the pool for 18 weeks. 
    18 weeks x 8 pulls = 144 pulls x 15% chance of 5* = 21.6 covers divided by 3 characters = 7.2 covers per 5*
    Even with Bonus Heroes and 4* Champ Rewards, you would only get 1 more cover per 5*.
    The last time I checked, it took 13 covers to champ a character and not 8.

So, unless you're a whale in a buy club opening 15+ LL in a week, then hoarding is the only way to fully cover a 5*.
    Honestly, I don't keep track. It's several per day, usually. I haven't done any buys in a long time, and buys within my alliance are few and far between. 

What really helps is the 3* once they get around the 250+ range. They start giving very nice champ rewards. On top of that, I have all of the characters in the current 4* pool covered (except fist and C&D), so any 4s I get will be useful (and potentially give more LL tokens or CP as champ rewards). I hit 1200 in every pvp, and I generally hit final progression in pve. 2* and 3* farming will help give more iso, LL tokens, and CP. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    I consider myself a somewhat hardcore player (3 - 4 hrs a day) with an ongoing VIP, which currently nets me about 180 CP per week, which is about 750 per month.  As for LL tokens, I can get about 10 a month.  That's 40 LL pulls a month, being about 10 a week. 

So, constantly opening will not work for me.  I have to hoard.  I would think that most players cannot get 15 pulls a week, so hoarding is their best option.  Perhaps we should have a poll?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started hoarding on January 1st and opened my hoard sometime in April.  During that stretch, I averaged 2 Latest pulls a day.  So 15 pulls a week is definitely doable.  Some of my more hardcore alliance mates were averaging more than me.
  • bbigler
    edited May 2017
    Orion said:
    I started hoarding on January 1st and opened my hoard sometime in April.  During that stretch, I averaged 2 Latest pulls a day.  So 15 pulls a week is definitely doable.  Some of my more hardcore alliance mates were averaging more than me.
    Do you have all 4*s champed?  Do you have usable 5*s?  Because I don't, so how do you get 2 Latest pulls a day?
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Personally, I've found that they come in bunches.  When I pull one I always seem to pull 2 or 3 more right away, but then I won't pull another 5* for months.  My last 5* pull was February and I would say on average I open a classic 20cp pack every 3 days.  Right now Its been about 40 classics packs since I've pulled one.

LOL, but I can't complain...I mean out of those 40 packs Ive pulled around 30 Agent Venom covers.  Who needs 5* when you can have 30 Agent Venom covers:)  
  • Peej13
    TheDobot said:
    Personally, I've found that they come in bunches.  When I pull one I always seem to pull 2 or 3 more right away, but then I won't pull another 5* for months.  My last 5* pull was February and I would say on average I open a classic 20cp pack every 3 days.  Right now Its been about 40 classics packs since I've pulled one.

LOL, but I can't complain...I mean out of those 40 packs Ive pulled around 30 Agent Venom covers.  Who needs 5* when you can have 30 Agent Venom covers:)  
    DO NOT OPEN CLASSICS.

You will get hulk, and CS will not trade covers for you when you pull 9 of the same color, but none of the other two colors.

If you open LL tokens, you send in a ticket when you pull too many of one color, without being able to champ the character, and they will send you another color cover of your choice.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Recently, I've noticed an influx of Latest tokens due to my 3*s finally hitting 266 and LT that comes along with it.  Since I don't have the ISO to champ my dupes right now, I'm assuming I'll have a lull in getting LTs until I can save up the ISO.  As someone said above, it comes in cycles.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm on a LT roll too with the majority of 3s nearing 227 right now.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Since the beginning of March I've been averaging just over 19 LTs a week. My only purchases have been VIP renewals. My 245 Black Panther needs 2 covers and my 215 Hawkeye needs 5 more covers. Maybe i'm lucky but it seems possible to champ a 5* without hoarding and being in buy clubs. I do have a healthy 2* farm. All 3* are champed, 5 max champed and others close. 36 4*s are champed. 7 of the latest 12 are champed and Fist and Cloak & Dagger aren't max covered yet. I get max progression in most pvp and pve. My pulls are probably 40% from champ level rewards, 50% from cp and the other 10% from cott, alliance season placement, daily resupply, vip and the very rare vault pull.

Pulls do seem to come in bunches. Some days i might not have any or just 1 or 2 and other days i might have 6 or 8
  • bbigler
    Well, with enough testimonials you guys are starting to make a believer out of me.  Unfortunately, I'm not at your same level right now.  I only have 12 x 4*s champed and no 5* champs, so it's very difficult (near impossible) for me to reach 900 or 1200 in PVP.  Most of my 3*s are below level 220.  But I can get top 5 placement in PVE though.

I suppose I could get 15+ LL pulls per week after some more development, so perhaps in a couple months I'll open my hoard and then starting pulling latest continually after that.  I'm just hesitant to open my hoard when most people think 5* Star Lord isn't very good, but he wouldn't leave the pool until October.  Opening my hoard before he enters is also a bad idea because of a lack of ISO to champ everyone. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    The high level 3* champ rewards can make a big difference.  Between 223 and 266 you get 2 4*, 4 LT, and and 38 CP.  

I started my hoard on May 1st and I'm up to 270 CP and 11 LT already.  Most of those LT (7 I think) were from 3* hitting 227 or 239.
  • Peej13
    bbigler said:
    Well, with enough testimonials you guys are starting to make a believer out of me.  Unfortunately, I'm not at your same level right now.  I only have 12 x 4*s champed and no 5* champs, so it's very difficult (near impossible) for me to reach 900 or 1200 in PVP.  Most of my 3*s are below level 220.  But I can get top 5 placement in PVE though.

I suppose I could get 15+ LL pulls per week after some more development, so perhaps in a couple months I'll open my hoard and then starting pulling latest continually after that.  I'm just hesitant to open my hoard when most people think 5* Star Lord isn't very good, but he wouldn't leave the pool until October.  Opening my hoard before he enters is also a bad idea because of a lack of ISO to champ everyone. 
    I would open before, if I were you. You probably want Thanos.
  • bbigler
    Peej13 said:
    bbigler said:

Having a half covered Thanos isn't going to help me.  My decisions are simple, they are based on my ISO supply because I don't want to waste any of my hard earned LL tokens or CP (which is the reason I started hoarding in the 1st place).  So, from my predictions, I'll eventually get to a state of ISO surplus when most of my latest 12 are champed.  But until then, I'm in an ISO deficiency, hence the hoarding. 
  • Peej13
    bbigler said:
    Peej13 said:
    bbigler said:

Having a half covered Thanos isn't going to help me.  My decisions are simple, they are based on my ISO supply because I don't want to waste any of my hard earned LL tokens or CP (which is the reason I started hoarding in the 1st place).  So, from my predictions, I'll eventually get to a state of ISO surplus when most of my latest 12 are champed.  But until then, I'm in an ISO deficiency, hence the hoarding. 
    I have all of the latest champed, except R&G and C&D, and I still have the ISO shortage that most everyone has
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    After my last 2 months of only pulling from latest Legendary, I realised that it is possible to get a fully covered 5* just by the CP obtained in game. 

In the past 2 months, i managed to fully covered Thanos (13 covers with no dup, subsequent 4 covers i used to champ) and BP (again 13 covers with no dup, needing iso to champ him in the next 12 days).

i didn't participate in any buy club, though i still join the VIP. I also didn't hoard and just pull whenever i feel like it (though there was a priority for me to pull before thanos leave).

i think the CP acquisition rate is sufficient to champ latest 5*, which suggest that the system appears to be fine. at least this is for a player who can hit 1200 every pvp and top progression for pve. 

The classic 5*, on the other hand, is really in a mess. My BP is at 4 covers and i don't think i will ever cover him. My BSS is at 10 covers and GG is at 12 covers. I am wholly dependent on BH to max cover them, but i am not too hopeful. My GG is at 2/5/5 which means a high chance of getting a dupe. I have an alliance mate who received 5 duplicate for his BSS, which is very demoralising. 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    I understand and accept that this is a freemium game. I'm on day 557, 24 champed 4* and my 5* with most covers is Cap (2/2/4), Bolt and GG at 7 covers and the rest somewhere in the 4-6 range (HE 1 and missing SL). 

Playing daily, always been a t5-10 pve player, this year playing pvp more hardcore going for 1200+ and t5. SCL8.

If 557 days (!!!) of hardcore play is not enough to be in the "end game" i believe there's something terrible wrong with this game. Even if i get lucky with RNG there's hardly enough iso to keep up.

I simply cannot reccomend this game to anyone. How do you sell someone that you'll only start making real progress after 2+ years.... They'll just run back to Candy Crush. It's too much to catch up. ISO and diluation will kill this game.

I'm trying to stay positive for SCL9-10, maybe more iso (frequent double iso), easier way to cover 5*, etc. But every now and then it's extremely frustrating to keep it up with this game.

Edit: And there's a thread about 6* lol
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    24 championed 4* on 557 days? That is beyond hardcore (unless helped a bit by the coin, but that's fine, no judgment here). 1200+ and top5 in SCL8? Well - hello, you are in the end game. So what that your 5* are not championed. They will be at some point. But your results suggest that you are at the top of the players crop and that is only after 557 days. Impressive, keep going if you still enjoy the game and don't worry about the end line.