Options
13»

Comments

• Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:
     AD&D rpg returning to the original D&D title and ditched all the rules and recreated new ones.... refund? Exchange? Nope. WotC banning cards, refund? Exchange? Nope. Wizkids changed the stats on powerful rare Mage knight and Mech Warrior figures thus making the old ones illegal to play. Refund? Exchange? Nope. 
    But you can still use all these previous products with friends. You have a choice in which rules you use. 

Hmm, not really. I used to hold events for all three early millineium and these players were a dedicated and were all friends. They followed updates religiously even if they played for fun. For example. A figure in Mage knight was known to be nigh but impossible to hit and when combined with select towers set upon the table this same figure was able to knock out the other player's figures within minutes. It was so good that virtually every player used that set up even in friendly play. As for D&D.... ever met an RPG group? .... friendly or not they are a fickle bunch. Some will insist the old be used because they can keep their character strong under the rules of the older book. Sure I can bend the rules a bit but it opens a door for others to do the same making it a hard game for the DM to control and run a smooth game for players... thus fun for the players (maybe) but not for the DM. Better off throwing out the books and play a different game imho
    I agree with what you're saying here but that isn't the point you were originally making. WoTC obviously won't be offering refunds because of your friends choices. You still own the product you payed money for and you still have the choice of using them. Whether that is game-breaking or not is just a factor you take into account when making that choice.

With MTGPQ and other digital games we aren't given that choice, we don't own anything here. We pay money for a service and have no say in what that service offers or how it is used. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,439 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Then say Microsoft... the same rule applies and they do not give out refunds for altering a program that they feel improves the system despite others insisting to keep the older coding.  Even better,  you're forced to ditch an already paid for service for a program that was intentionally designed to be left behind,  forcing you to adapt and purchase another.  You still have no say in this and Microsoft will NOT provide a refund

• Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Then say Microsoft... the same rule applies and they do not give out refunds for altering a program that they feel improves the system despite others insisting to keep the older coding.  Even better,  you're forced to ditch an already paid for service for a program that was intentionally designed to be left behind,  forcing you to adapt and purchase another.  You still have no say in this and Microsoft will NOT provide a refund

Yes, that's correct. Sorry i'm loosing your point here. I don't agree with that scenario either.

As consumers we need to be more aware of what we're actually buying and make wiser purchasing choices.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    can i complain about baral? i know i have been supporting him but it just isnt fair i dont have enough slots to put all my creatures out dang it, i am feeling robbed that i am losing them. they should fix that i want a refund until they fix it. not. another. dime. (until they offer some other op card i want)
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    morgue427 said:
    can i complain about baral? i know i have been supporting him but it just isnt fair i dont have enough slots to put all my creatures out dang it, i am feeling robbed that i am losing them. they should fix that i want a refund until they fix it. not. another. dime. (until they offer some other op card i want)
    *snicker* that was funny.  
  • morgue427
    Options
    i think someone needs to be put against an ai running a baral kiora deck and see how bad  they nerfed it. i never even had a chance
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    I have faced him a few times.  One was using a similar tactic that I was employing in my own deck with him by loading up higher cost cards in the background.  He was loading up crush of tentacles.... Grrr. AI did good,  but luckily I was using a baral-bounce deck with Consulate crackdown. Worked beautifully in controlling that deck for the win.  The second time I faced Baral, was against Tezz 2 and he kept castng infinite obliteration, to the slaughter and unholy hunger.  I won that one barely.... Likely due to the AI playing the cards incorrectly but dang if it didn't take 40 minutes.  Longest fight I've had yet and most gratifying win.  I kept using tightening coils on everything and Consulate crackdown kept all the supports from building up. Slow going, but a win. 
  • morgue427
    Options
    had put tighening coils in mine was kind of ehh try it but has saved me a few times so it is a keeper for now
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    morgue427 said:
    had put tighening coils in mine was kind of ehh try it but has saved me a few times so it is a keeper for now
    I wouldn't dare use that card if it weren't for Baral. I also slipped in talent of the telepath and it helps Baral very well in choosing select spells for speedier play. Especially so with tightening coils. 6 mana from TotT then 4 mana from Baral if you've not used it the round prior with mana from swaps. Something to think on anyways. the new Baral has been very good for me. A side note though... even when he was insanely powerful for loops... a 5/5 creature at 8 mana isn't too shabby. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I just played him for the first time in Training Grounds. Kudos to Hibernum for making him SLOWER. I'll take the loops anyday. 
  • morgue427
    Options
    no need got engulf the shore this weekend so it is out of here would rather have the complete ai reset and just try to keep one charged ready to go. dont have talent of the telepath wish i did
  • Gunmix25
    edited May 2017
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    I just played him for the first time in Training Grounds. Kudos to Hibernum for making him SLOWER. I'll take the loops anyday. 
    Slower than before? Yes. Slower than other mythics? No. If you build around his ability,  you will find him a difficult addition in any deck.  no less than you did with specific cheap cards (emphasis on specific, more on that in a bit) to make his almost endless loops begin. The advantage here is that Baral can be combined with a multitude of various cards especially far more powerful and unique spells regardless of deck.  The loop confined his build to specific cheap spells that practically every one else who had a Baral 1.0 was using.  While it was fun for awhile, and of course made the casual newbie feel like a beast in QB... it quickly became boring and loops created by the AI that can go for more than 10 minutes is a quick measure of what isn't right about a card.  No more than Rishkar's Expertise that is about to come out once all the level 60 encyclopedia of mythics players are declared winners yet again furthering the power gap. That said,  give Baral some experimentation,  he lost his "enter the battlefield" effect but gain a shot gun effect regarding spells. Good luck