MPQ at Marvel.com: Peter Quill

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone

Get ready to rock the world with two new variations of the dashing cosmic outlaw, Peter Quill!
Check out 3-Star and 5-Star Star-Lord here: Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) and Star-Lord (Peter Quill)

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New events more interesting than more variants to be honest. I look forward to more details on that. So thanks for new content. Always welcome.

This one is terribly disappointed to see no mantis. I was hoping for yondu too. Any chance we might see them in the future?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm excited for these new events! Looks fun! I love new stories and content!! Did they mention a 5* only store as a reward for Thanos??? Did I read that correctly? Could this become a regular thing???
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,918 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really enjoyed the break from new characters.  Now I read we are getting FOUR new ones.

I'm in a huge Iso hole with my 2* farm also needing some love.  3* Starlord is going to cost a nice chunk to champ so I'm not tossing his covers.

I thought I had a nice surplus of HP with just over 4K.  Was going to buy Elektras H4H cover, but all that will be needed for roster spots.

My Iso shortage and the small pool of characters has led me to full on stop of opening tokens. It feels like this is going to continue for awhile and 3-Lord is going to set back my 4* progress a bit further.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Huzzah for more 3 stars!  :)

He doesn't sound like a powerhouse character, but could be a handy utility one...

Nice art, and Something Bad looks promising in the preview screen:
    • 3* Starlord (Peter Quill)
    • 1 cover = pay 8 AP to steal either 2 attack/strike/protect or 4 AP
    • 2 cover = steal 5 AP
    With all 3 tile types up-front, there's a good chance he steals at least 4 tiles or 6 AP when maxed.

Also great news on 2 more 4* Guardians coming, and 4 new PvE events is excellent news.  B)
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really pleased about the new events, but I wish they'd been different characters, rather than variants.

That said, I look forward to a decent Gamora, because her 3* version makes me sad.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can we get Drax and Gamora buffs with the next season too? 
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    So disappointed with lack of creativity, why couldn't this be the first team characters introduced. Instead of just one character you get to have 3 random members of Guardians of the Glaxay jump into action. With new powers unlike the 3 and 4 star versions.The best part could be really special ability if you have more than 13 teamups baby groot pops up for some fun and stuns random enemy for 4 turns and steals 4ap from every color from the enemy. That should have been the 5 star version. Use whatever for 3 star, solo starlord etc. (imo)
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    oh yay another variant... That's great news. I hope 3* SL is as useful as 3* Hawkeye or 4* IF!!!! Can you please tell the devs thank you! They are so in touch with the people that play this game. We love variants! Especially releasing 2 at once.  

Dont you mean 4 at once? Remember we're getting new Gamora and Rocket and Groot as well. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5* Star Lord
    4* Gamora
    4* R&G
    3* Star Lord

4K HP out the window just on roster slots, this doesn't even account for whatever I'll try to get out of these vaults.
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    oh yay another variant... That's great news. I hope 3* SL is as useful as 3* Hawkeye or 4* IF!!!! Can you please tell the devs thank you! They are so in touch we the people that play this game. We love variants! Especially releasing 2 at once. 
    I don't think this reads with as much sarcasm as you may have intended.
    Who is being sarcastic? I love variants. Give me 95 more spider-man variants and I will be happy. Eventually they will get one right. 
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    Options
    5* Star Lord
    4* Gamora
    4* R&G
    3* Star Lord

4K HP out the window just on roster slots, this doesn't even account for whatever I'll try to get out of these vaults.
    Don't roster them. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options

I'm on the fence about this. On one hand I like the new characters, on the other hand its going to make getting the current characters I have more challenging to get as the pool expands even more. The 3 star is nice because they are the easiest to build up.

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    New boss event, new PvE event and two new 4-star characters that will help move along some vaulted characters I already have fully covered all sounds good to me. Star-Lord's variants should be interesting once we see the numbers. His purple could make him a decent support character at the very worst. 
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    Options
    Why not just make one good star lord instead of making us roster and have to use 3 bad ones?
  • IronBorne28
    IronBorne28 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm all for the new boss event and new PvE event but seriously can we get NEW characters not variants of one's that are already in the game. I don't even use the 4* Star-Lord I have now. Just once it would be nice to see a new X-Men character like Gambit or Rogue introduced as unlikely as that is now....