MPQ at Marvel.com: Peter Quill

Options

Comments

• WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm all for the new boss event and new PvE event but seriously can we get NEW characters not variants of one's that are already in the game. I don't even use the 4* Star-Lord I have now. Just once it would be nice to see a new X-Men character like Gambit or Rogue introduced as unlikely as that is now....
    They can't. Several other options though 
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They can't. Several other options though 
    They could it's just that Marvel is probably telling them no.... I mean they could have introduced Angela or Kitty Pryde since they have been with the Guardians, but instead they feel the need to give us one thing players asked for, and then throw in the catch.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So when it talks about a 3 part Guardians event so does that mean we are getting 4 new events between now and the end of May?  If so that's pretty cool.

I'm pretty underwhelmed by more variants, especially a 3*, but eh, under the new system they'll only be worthwhile for 9-12 months before they got mothballed anyway.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm just annoyed that they've lost the opportunity to finally introduce the missing color scheme of purple / yellow / red (from the first SL) in the 3 star tier :/
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    5* Star Lord
    4* Gamora
    4* R&G
    3* Star Lord

4K HP out the window just on roster slots, this doesn't even account for whatever I'll try to get out of these vaults.
    While you are correct, these characters are not being released all at once.  Therefore it may be closer to the 1000HP per 2-weeks or so for roster slots that we're already used to for releases (yes the SL 2-pack will be simultaneous).
    Can't wait to hear about the new 4* Rocket & Groot powers. It would be a fun mechanic if they have switching powers like Cloak and Dagger.
    Hopefully we'll get further realignments of champion Rewards, since my current R&G and Gamora are nearing level 223.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,751 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please stop with the 3* HP and ISO grab. It was fun the first time now you know it's a cash grab. Yeah you can say you don't have to roster them but you know the player base isn't like that and they are needed for essentials.

Or carry on with this punishing release and greatly reduce the 4* release cycle.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It feels like we received a compromised version of a 5* Star Lord so an appropriate 3* could be made.  Hopefully the Milano is armed with some Death Star level turbolasers,
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow.  A whole bunch of new stuff that feels really old.  Even Star Lord's abilities don't sound that exciting or different from anything we've seen before.  4* Star Lord has a far more interesting design.

I hope the event is fun but these rewards aren't all that exciting, sadly.  3* just feels like another character I'm going to roster for essentials and champion rewards.  Anticipation vs Result is bordering on Boss Rush territory if the event isn't at least fun, which is terrifying.
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Tony Foot said:
    Please stop with the 3* HP and ISO grab. It was fun the first time now you know it's a cash grab. Yeah you can say you don't have to roster them but you know the player base isn't like that and they are needed for essentials.

Or carry on with this punishing release and greatly reduce the 4* release cycle.
    I agree
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony Foot said:

I
     quite enjoy the fivestar + threestar releases since it's a break in the fourstar release cycle - a threestar takes only a third as much ISO to max as a fourstar.
    The only time we had just a fivestar release (Black Panther) we had a new fourstar release the next week. Releasing a matching threestar means it takes a full two week cycle, I am all for it.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm generally fine with variant characters, but this one is a little disappointing. 4* Starlord is already pretty close to the MCU version, so this looks a little more redundant than variants already are.

He seems ok but we've seen a Yellow Purple Green 3* character that self accelerates for green AOE. His yellow is basically Mordo's blue. His AOE seems cool that it protects friendly tiles, but overall he seems lazy. I don't think he will be as useful for me as the other recent 3*s are
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honestly don't care if it's a new character or a variant at this point. With how long it takes to get 5*'s, it doesn't really matter...I won't be playing it soon (if ever). With how pointless 3*'s are, it doesn't really matter.

Wish we'd get new content or game-play style, instead of the old re-hashed "new character!" again and again and AGAIN.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh boy, more marvel insider fun. Can't wait for new events, but yeah, a truckload of new variants is very weak.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Really?  We couldn't have gotten yondu and mantis instead of another grocket and another gamora? It would have been cool if 5 star Peter Quil was his original costume instead of 4* with a beard. 
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Uhh... Goddess Thor's "Smite" doesn't use green.........  :s
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Uhh... Goddess Thor's "Smite" doesn't use green.........  :s
    Charged
     tiles of all colors increases Smite damage though.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    No Rooker then. :( 

They probably need to buy license for new characters or something, cause surely they know by now that we don't prefer variants. 
  • tmccollum
    tmccollum Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So ... the blue Ant-Man that was going to be the next progression reward will be the progression reward after this event, or nah?