MPQ at Marvel.com: Peter Quill

Options

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:
    Honestly don't care if it's a new character or a variant at this point. With how long it takes to get 5*'s, it doesn't really matter...I won't be playing it soon (if ever). With how pointless 3*'s are, it doesn't really matter.

Wish we'd get new content or game-play style, instead of the old re-hashed "new character!" again and again and AGAIN.
    Yeah they're the same style, but at least there's two new events.  That's two less dark avengers events to deal with on a regular cycle.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm personally enjoying blaming the developers for choosing characters that are quite obviously Marvel-driven choices.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So we got 3 Starlords. 2 of which are just the movie version. We'll never get the best Starlord look.

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm meh on Starlord, realistically as 4* level player, I'll rarely be using either version (3* or 5*) of him at this point.  

I am excited for a 4* Gamora, I've always liked the character, but by the time I had the 3* version covered, she was outclassed by the rest of my roster.  It will be nice to have a version I'll actually use when she gets boosted.  (I would love the classic Starlin costume for nostalgia's sake, but it will likey be the purple haired version from the upcoming sequel.)

R4G could be fun, it depends on their animations.

I would have loved a Nebula, or a 5* Ego the Living Planet (3* version= the Living Moon!), but I get that main GotG players are getting the push across all Marvel properties right now.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:
    Honestly don't care if it's a new character or a variant at this point. With how long it takes to get 5*'s, it doesn't really matter...I won't be playing it soon (if ever). With how pointless 3*'s are, it doesn't really matter.

Wish we'd get new content or game-play style, instead of the old re-hashed "new character!" again and again and AGAIN.
    Yeah they're the same style, but at least there's two new events.  That's two less dark avengers events to deal with on a regular cycle.
    If I'm reading it right. FOUR new events. Boss Thanos, then three new events in an arc, telling one longer story, with one event each for Star Lord, Rocket and Groot, and Gamora.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    SnowcaTT said:

If I'm reading it right. FOUR new events. Boss Thanos, then three new events in an arc, telling one longer story, with one event each for Star Lord, Rocket and Groot, and Gamora.
    I took it to mean, 1 event with 3 parts. Parts being subs.

Be happy to be wrong, but 4 new events in a short window?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Those hoping for new characters, once the movie has been out they might give us some of the other characters, when the first movie came out they took ages to release drax so you never know!
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    thisone said:
    JHawkInc said:
    SnowcaTT said:

I took it to mean, 1 event with 3 parts. Parts being subs.

Be happy to be wrong, but 4 new events in a short window?
    Actually after reading it again you are right. Can't seem to edit on this damn forum with my phone..
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Is the new boss event team based, like ultron, bigG. Twin format like CW, or individual like boss rush? Or some new format? 

LONG suffering alliance commanders would like a heads up longer than two hours before event start... Because it looks like it starts this Thursday (US TIME)? 
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm excited for new 5*/3* characters and new events.  :)
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are numbers gonna be the only things that differentiate the skillsets of 3 and 5 star Star Lord?  Every other 3/5 release had a notable improvement added to the 5, I hope there's more to Star Lord than what's in the article.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I've given up expecting new characters until every character in the game has a 3 star, 4 star and 5 star variant. Once that is criteria is meant, 6 star characters will be introduced 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just watched the movie and I can see why starlord can be a 5*. Spoiler alert, it's related to his father. Baby groot deserved a variant but gamora variant should have been one of the new member. 
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really hope 5* Starlord's numbers end up being amazing, because he'll likely be in the Latest Legendaries when my stash is ready to pull in 2 months. Have to wait longer if he has to rotate out would be really annoying.

For once, I'm praying for power creep.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why not just make one good star lord instead of making us roster and have to use 3 bad ones?
    Have you used the 4* one?  His yellow accelerates some powers by reducing the cost very nicely.  Him with ant man makes a killer combo.  Him with iceman and you have 8 AP to drop his 8k haymaker.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    probably too late but starlord 5* needed a pacman ability
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I read it to mean GoTG themes boss event vs Thanos, GoTG themes PVE event, and Starlord vs event. Then 4 new characters added over the next month
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh ****. I´m sooo against variants. They are lame. And when they even look same (3* and 5* variant), its even more lame - its upright lazy!

I was so suprised when devs released Cloak and Dagger, I didn´t know those two before. It was esucational. Thats good. Make charecters we either don´t know or they are not in the game already.

When 6* are introduced, does that means that you just remake all existing 4* and 5* characters? Oh boy, its lame.

I undestand that you are forced by Marvel to promote their products, but I really think you don´t need to do that so eagerly. One or two new characters could really be new ones, like others suggsted.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Phillipes said:
    Oh tinykitty. I´m sooo against variants. They are lame. And when they even look same (3* and 5* variant), its even more lame - its upright lazy!

I was so suprised when devs released Cloak and Dagger, I didn´t know those two before. It was esucational. Thats good. Make charecters we either don´t know or they are not in the game already.

When 6* are introduced, does that means that you just remake all existing 4* and 5* characters? Oh boy, its lame.

I undestand that you are forced by Marvel to promote their products, but I really think you don´t need to do that so eagerly. One or two new characters could really be new ones, like others suggsted.

I think you believe they have more choice than they actually do. If Marvel says make new variants of the core Guardians team, then that's what happens. Even Cloak and Dagger was probably a Marvel mandate, as they're getting a TV show next year and the trailer for it premiered last week. I think you have to go back to last year to find a character whose release wasn't accompanied by either something from the MCU (TV or movies) or a new series/#1 issue from Marvel comics (Carol being a prime example of this).
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We really, really, really dont need 3 Starlords. So disappointing.