New lightning rounds?

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    out of curiosity, neone know what the size of the cache can go up to? at 24 cards and growing since i don't have space for a slot for now
    Effectively unlimited. There's a limit, but it's not one that anyone would ever reach without the help of infinite currency and a bot to purchase new covers for a very very long time.
  • went absolutely all out, getting into a retaliation war with 3 ppl (eleo, remrenu, and frozen), and probably just pulled off my first top 2 finish of lightning rounds, playing from beginning to end. that was insane at the end, my hands are sweating haha.

edit: nm, somehow ended top 8, not that it matters since i got the red i've been missing!
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    went absolutely all out, getting into a retaliation war with 3 ppl (eleo, remrenu, and frozen), and probably just pulled off my first top 2 finish of lightning rounds, playing from beginning to end. that was insane at the end, my hands are sweating haha.

edit: nm, somehow ended top 8, not that it matters since i got the red i've been missing!

Gratz!, I got bumped out at the last second to top 25 only need top 8 and that last red I'm looking for is still up for grabs T_T

Also Forgrim, how did you keep going with 85 Storm & 85 Thor? Did you need to use health packs?
  • Since I got my last green Ragnorak in the last tournament I was aiming for the token 26-50 slot.
    Thought I was safe at 31 when the Ladder yielded to me and I jumped to 26.
    Luckily I managed to just hold and scored a yellow hood from the token icon_e_smile.gif
  • Shuino wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    went absolutely all out, getting into a retaliation war with 3 ppl (eleo, remrenu, and frozen), and probably just pulled off my first top 2 finish of lightning rounds, playing from beginning to end. that was insane at the end, my hands are sweating haha.

Gratz!, I got bumped out at the last second to top 25 only need top 8 and that last red I'm looking for is still up for grabs T_T

Also Forgrim, how did you keep going with 85 Storm & 85 Thor? Did you need to use health packs?

primarily boosts. health packs for thor to tank hits, had most of my health packs up for the last push.

boosts however make some of the fights pretty much over with a good board.

edit: the world's worst lightning swinging round is coming up. i'm going straight exactly to 100 and sitting this disaster out.
  • Shuino
    Options
    forgrim wrote:

primarily boosts. health packs for thor to tank hits, had most of my health packs up for the last push.

edit: the world's worst lightning swinging round is coming up. i'm going straight exactly to 100 and sitting this disaster out.

I attempted using Rag 65 / C Storm 85 / Thor 85 and I was just taking to much damage even when using boosts. I found it much easier switching out C Storm with Spidey and at the end if I took a beating I would just web and heal back to full. But most fights I ended without the AI even making a move which was nice.
  • forgrim wrote:

Well done, I noticed you were in contention icon_e_smile.gif
  • First time visiting these forums. Interesting to see the thoughts of the people I'm regularly getting into point wars with. These villain lightning rounds get pretty intense at the top towards the end.
  • Shuino
    Options
    _fulu_ wrote:
    First time visiting these forums. Interesting to see the thoughts of the people I'm regularly getting into point wars with. These villain lightning rounds get pretty intense at the top towards the end.

They sure do I know I have went back and forth with you during the Ragnarok Lightning Round 2 or 3 hours ago lol
  • It sure is fun to be in the lead the whole time (sometimes by over 100 points) and then get beaten once last minute by somebody you skip out of courtesy, sorry guys, game on!
  • We still have our understanding right zzz??
  • forgrim wrote:
    We still have our understanding right zzz??

of course icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Only been participating in the Hood rounds, was at #6 at 5 minutes from the end on this last one, and then 50+ at 4 minutes from the end. icon_mad.gif
  • Only been participating in the Hood rounds, was at #6 at 5 minutes from the end on this last one, and then 50+ at 4 minutes from the end. icon_mad.gif

Yeah, you lose a lot more points in The Hood rounds than other ones. Two losses gets me down almost 100 points
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    Yeah, you lose a lot more points in The Hood rounds than other ones. Two losses gets me down almost 100 points

I pretty much stopped participating in his rounds. Ive come too close to a broken phone one too many times.
  • Shuino wrote:
    They sure do I know I have went back and forth with you during the Ragnarok Lightning Round 2 or 3 hours ago lol

Yeah I definitely remember. I had three or four people in a constant war that time. Now that I can match people to the faceless bots I've been fighting ill probably back off. Plus I finished maxing skills of all my favorite covers, so no real heated reason to finish top two for me anymore
  • Shuino
    Options
    _fulu_ wrote:
    Shuino wrote:

Yeah I definitely remember. I had three or four people in a constant war that time. Now that I can match people to the faceless bots I've been fighting ill probably back off. Plus I finished maxing skills of all my favorite covers, so no real heated reason to finish top two for me anymore

I still need one more Red for Ragnarok, I just missed the top 8 this morning at 9AM and missed it again at 7PM (Both Top 25 Finishes) icon_e_sad.gif I'm hoping tomorrow morning will be much better. I should have got it in the morning as their isn't as much competition but work got in the way!
  • Shuino wrote:
    forgrim wrote:

I attempted using Rag 65 / C Storm 85 / Thor 85 and I was just taking to much damage even when using boosts. I found it much easier switching out C Storm with Spidey and at the end if I took a beating I would just web and heal back to full. But most fights I ended without the AI even making a move which was nice.

Must be nice. Wish I had some Spidey covers...
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So hard to hang on to that top spot, another top 8 finish this Doom round icon_mad.gif
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just snagged the #1 spot on the last ragnarok one. Cost me almost all my boosts but it was worth it. Was sweating bullets the last 10 minutes or so.