New lightning rounds?

Options
1356

Comments

  • what's up with this lightning round? i get hit by someone near my level (240 vs 240) and i lose 30 points for the hit?
  • Don't have a high level Rag/Hood/Mag so I'm not even trying to get top 50. Just trying to get to 250 points for the pack.
  • usually i don't get ragey about tournaments and point losses, but this hood one just makes me really annoyed. was top 20 in last ten minutes, then got attacked 2-3 times by similar level opponents and i lose 20-25 points per hit? the other tournaments i lose maybe 10ish, but this one, jesus freaking christmas
  • Geez, so many butthurt people that hold grudges from past tournaments, wait for the last minute just to hit me hahaha.

    wcbzw0.jpg

    Guess it's to be expected when you have 9 top 2 lightning tournaments under your belt
  • You have 30 tokens that you haven't spent?!?! Ah to be in that position...
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    usually i don't get ragey about tournaments and point losses, but this hood one just makes me really annoyed. was top 20 in last ten minutes, then got attacked 2-3 times by similar level opponents and i lose 20-25 points per hit? the other tournaments i lose maybe 10ish, but this one, jesus freaking christmas

    The lightning rounds is all luck now. Doesn't matter what deck you have or how much you play.

    With all of the changes they are making, I think they are trying to kill their game.
  • makes me ragey since one minute to go, i was in the running for a 3 star of anything, then oh look, rank 230
    .
  • forgrim wrote:
    makes me ragey since one minute to go, i was in the running for a 3 star of anything, then oh look, rank 230
    .

    I did the dumbest thing. I woke up, knew the round was ending in a few. Ran up to 250 for the second token. I didn't even check my rank. Went to make coffee. Wondered what my rank was, went to look, saw that I had been at 46 but dropped when the score updated. I could have probably gotten top 50 with one more match.
  • Bainee wrote:
    The lightning rounds is all luck now. Doesn't matter what deck you have or how much you play.

    With all of the changes they are making, I think they are trying to kill their game.
    Lightning rounds are the worst IMO. It's not the tournament itself, but it just exemplifies the core issues that are wrong with the game.
  • Well after competing heavily in the Hood tourneys and dumping my rating in the other lighting tourneys, I now have a 0/5/3 Hood. If I can ever manage to get a yellow cover, I will start dropping HP into it. But, getting that first yellow is going to be... forever.
  • Lightning rounds are the worst IMO. It's not the tournament itself, but it just exemplifies the core issues that are wrong with the game.

    Could you be more specific? I rather like them for the easy cover tokens, but I presume you are referring to issues relating to competition at the top of the brackets.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Lightning rounds are the worst IMO. It's not the tournament itself, but it just exemplifies the core issues that are wrong with the game.

    Could you be more specific? I rather like them for the easy cover tokens, but I presume you are referring to issues relating to competition at the top of the brackets.

    I also see Lightning tourneys as the worst ones, these are the problems I see:

    *The bracket(s) are huge, so you have to compete with basically every one instead of the 200 or 500 like in the other tourneys. This favors the players at top of the power pyramid. The chance as lower level guy to reach top places are really slim.

    *They boost 3star chars (which the biggest part of the players still not have I estimate). If you don't have them you are stuck with a lvl 15 throwaway even if you have a good 3 man 2star team. This also favors the players with the best team.

    *Instead of giving rewards to a broad spectrum of people, they are fueling the same top players even more.
    As example having a week long tourney with 24 brackets will give out 48 1-2 place rewards to 48 different people from the whole player base as you compete with people on the same level like you.
    Now having 24 fast tourneys with 1 bracket will also give out 48 1-2 place rewards but eventually to the same people as you can crush the whole bracket over and over again.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Geez thanks for attacking me TheLadder, I'm at like 100 and your at 350 icon_razz.gif at least I got 42 points for the retaliation lol

    Edit:
    How do you keep attacking me multiple times lol it can't be worth it for you I'm losing 1 point and gaining 40...
  • i just got a notification that he attacked me also, an di'm worth like 100 maximum i think, since that's all i marched to.

    theladder so greedy for the points
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    i just got a notification that he attacked me also, an di'm worth like 100 maximum i think, since that's all i marched to.

    theladder so greedy for the points

    I am playing with my B squad for these lightning rounds atm but hey a 60 Rag / 60 Spidey ain't too bad but he's making me use my 85 C. Storm instead of Spidey for these retaliations thought.
  • i just let him go...he's clearing competing for a top position, with that many points this early in the tournament so i'll support a forum goer
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    i just let him go...he's clearing competing for a top position, with that many points this early in the tournament so i'll support a forum goer

    I support him attacking me as I'm getting 40+ points and now I can get 250 without really trying lol
  • forgrim wrote:
    i just let him go...he's clearing competing for a top position, with that many points this early in the tournament so i'll support a forum goer

    Yeah, I figured you clocked out at 100, and the options I'm getting are not great. Let me know any time you want some freeby points lol.

    Shuino, you keep retaliating, red rag to a bull lol
  • Shuino wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    i just let him go...he's clearing competing for a top position, with that many points this early in the tournament so i'll support a forum goer

    I support him attacking me as I'm getting 40+ points and now I can get 250 without really trying lol

    Really? I'm only losing 15, seems like a good deal lol
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    Shuino wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    i just let him go...he's clearing competing for a top position, with that many points this early in the tournament so i'll support a forum goer

    I support him attacking me as I'm getting 40+ points and now I can get 250 without really trying lol

    Really? I'm only losing 15, seems like a good deal lol

    It sure is, I lose like 1 to 3 points when you attack and I get 36-40 but C.Storm and my Lv 60 Rag makes work of your team easily somehow lol

    Edit:
    I'm also currently at work and now I'm gonna have to try for that 26-50th spot now even tho I shouldn't but those 40 points win I couldn't pass up that free Token at 250 lol