What was Your First?

Options

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options

On Day 1273.  I’m going consider “Champion” as maxed level in some cases, since for a long time in the game championing wasn’t an option, and “maxed level” was the big achievement for a character and the growth of your roster.  (I was moving into the 4* range when championing was introduced, so a lot of 2* & 3*’s were champed at that time in a rush.)

First 2 Star Champion (Maxed level):  I think Thor?  Maybe Storm.

First 3 Star Unlocked (if you can remember):  I do remember this-  3# Black Widow.  I remember because I immediately sold her, thinking about how much I had already put into 2* BW.  (This was in the first two weeks of the game, when you could buy cover levels with ISO, before they quickly changed it).  Doesn’t matter now, but for a long time after that I was kicking myself.

First 3 Star Champion (Maxed level):  :  Again, probably Thor, maybe it was Cap America.

First 4 Star Unlocked:  Invisible Woman.

First 4 Star Champion:  Jean Grey

First Five Star Unlocked:  Silver Surfer, from the daily reward when they introduced around that anniversary.

First Five Star Champion:  None, and probably never will as long the keep expanding the 4* line.

First PvE Win (if none what was you highest finish):  I only finished PVE at #1 once, it was after a 7 day event and the event I won was a Heroic that awarded Invisible Woman (just one cover was the reward system at the time, I think)  Given those circumstances I think everyone was just burnt out and didn’t want to go through a character restricted Heroic (the good old days!) just for a  Bag Lady (long before her revamp).

First PvP Win (If None What was you highest finish):  Never, PVP has always seemed like more trouble than it was worth.  It’s only been the past year that I started playing to 900pt because of the 4* progression rewards, but lately I don’t even bother past the 10 cp at 575.  New character covers are coming so fast these days, its not worth the bother anymore to climb to 900pts, I’ll get those covers eventually just opening event tokens and LT’s.

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Add me to the list of those who barely remember what I had for dinner last weekend.  But I think I got this:

Given my age in the game, I'm considering 'champed' when I maxed them if it happened prior to championing (which is most cases)

First 2 Star Maxed - OBW. 
    First 3 Star Unlocked - Want to say it was Loki.  Early days I didn't keep a ton of 3s
    First 3 Star Maxed - Patch.   I did about 5-6 at once, but technically Patch was first
    First 4 Star Unlocked - XForce 1.0.   From a standard token!
    First 4 Star Maxed - Hulkbuster.  I think.  Same as the 2->3 transition, I waited and did a few at once.
    First 5 Star Unlocked - Surfer.   Like most people I'd think that started before 5* were introduced.
    First 5 Star Champ - Also Surfer, about a year later.
    First PvE Win - Good gravy.  I think it was a Simulator, I was a 2* player when it happened, which was fine because 4* weren't a thing.  2h24m refresh days.
    First PvP Win - No flipping clue.  Pretty sure it was in Sentry bombing days. 
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First 2 Star Champion Black Widow (among others)
    First 3 Star Unlocked Spider-Man
    First 3 Star Champion Spider-Man (among others)
    First 4 Star Unlocked Invisible Woman
    First 4 Star Champion Thor was my first to 270 but I champed several the day championing started.
    First Five Star Unlocked Silver Surfer
    First Five Star Champion Phoenix
    First PvE Win (if none what was you highest finish) Never.. I'm not sure i've ever finished top 10.
    First PvP Win (If None What was you highest finish) I don't remember the event, but I finished 1st for an Invisible Woman cover back when she was one of the only 4*s available.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First 2 Star Champion - I think Magneto
    First 3 Star Unlocked (if you can remember) - I think Storm
    First 3 Star Champion - Daredevil/Patch same day
    First 4 Star Unlocked - XFW
    First 4 Star Champion - IMHB
    First Five Star Unlocked - OML
    First Five Star Champion - PHX
    First PvE Win (if none what was you highest finish) - Outside of early n00b brackets I took 1st in Wasp release
    First PvP Win (If None What was you highest finish) - Can't rememeber, have taken 1st in all but 1 event this season I think.

I do remember my first 2nd place PvP finish though.  I think it was for an Elektra cover that I "needed" and took the top spot on my final hop by like 2 points.  At the very end of the event someone actually dumped 6 points to the 2nd place guy to have him jump over me and take first......I was watching the leaderboard - he never unshielded.  Worst part was that this was before champing and he just sold the Elektra cover that I wanted.  Now we are in the same alliance and help each other to T5 all the time.  :)
  • PFellah
    PFellah Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Still climbing the ladder, so some of these are TBD:

First 2-Star Champ: Hawkeye. Fell in love with Speed Shot.
    First 3-Star Unlock: About 90% sure it was 3Thor
    First 3-Star Champion: definitely Patch
    First 4-Star Unlock: First ever was a Nick Fury (I wanna say... purple?), but I eventually threw him back. First that's still on my roster once I had an actual strategy instead of just bumping into covers at random is 4Clops. I distinctly remember because 3Clops had just champed when I got him, and I wanted to do everything to hold onto 4Clops to get that cover at 183.
    First 4-Star Champion: TBD (Tops at the moment is Steve Rogers at 191)
    First 5-Star Unlocked: Again... first EVER was a Green Goblin black cover I activated but later threw back. With only about a dozen 4s left to roster, I'm probably at the point where I'm ready to roster and keep a 5*, but haven't done it yet.
    First 5-Star Champion: Ummm... no. 
    First PvE Win: Never won, but finished 2nd in a Ghost Rider event once.
    First PvP Win: I don't PvP much yet, though that might change as I get a viable team of 3-star champions.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just curious about various "firsts" for other players
    Day 295

First 2 Star Champion: Ms. Marvel
    First 3 Star Unlocked (if you can remember)Spiderman
    First 3 Star Champion Ragnorok bleccchh
    First 4 Star Unlocked Nova.  didn' t see another Nova for forever. 
    First 4 Star Champion. Spider Gwen
    First Five Star Unlocked Phoenix, purple. The first week i got the game with my VIP token.  I made it just fine, scaling crybabies.
    First Five Star Champion. none.  Have Natasha at 2/4/4
    First PvE Win (if none what was you highest finish) Finished 2nd in strange sights sub the first run of it.
    First PvP Win (If None What was you highest finish) top 20.  

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    First 2 Star Maxed - Ares? I think. It was level 85 though, I'm sure of that. 
    First 3 Star Unlocked (if you can remember) - Spidey.
    First 3 Star Maxed - Patch? or Panther, Thor, Hulk. But all 4 were in close succession anyway.
    First 4 Star Unlocked - pre Fury Wolverine.
    First 4 Star Champion - teen Jean.
    First Five Star Unlocked - Surfer.
    First Five Star Champion - ha! good one. I did get OML max covered less than a month before the nerf...
    First PvE Win (if none what was you highest finish) - I had top 2 finishes before this, maybe some were wins? But for Miles Morales release, I'm sure about.
    First PvP Win (If None What was you highest finish) - the first lazy Cap pvp. I think it was with 754 points, either way it was a low score even then. I think it may be the only pvp win too... :smile:
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First 2 Star Champion - No idea. I never champed them until SHIELD ranks were introduced and gave me 800k ISO, then I did them all at once.

First 3 Star Unlocked (if you can remember) - I wanna say Magneto?

First 3 Star Champion - Kamala Khan. Also first to maxchamp.

First 4 Star Unlocked - Jean Grey.

First 4 Star Champion - Jean Grey again. Had a dupe with 9 covers they let me deconstruct when champs were introduced.

First Five Star Unlocked - Old Man Logan

First Five Star Champion - None yet, but it's gonna be either Logan or Black Suit Spidey.

First PvE Win (if none what was you highest finish) - 2nd place in Deadpool vs. MPQ in like my first week playing. I had no idea what I was doing and nearly won an uber-scrubby bracket totally by accident. Best I've managed on purpose is #6, couldn't tell you which event.

First PvP Win (If None What was you highest finish) - Similar to PVE, I got #1 in Krakadoom in a mega-nooblet bracket without knowing how anything worked way back at the start. Best intentional finish is #4, again no idea which event.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    First 2 Star Champion - Pretty sure Thor, Ares, Storm, Magneto, Black Widow all got champed on essentially the first day
    First 3 Star Unlocked - Oh boy. Uh... Steve Rogers is the first one I can remember being excited about (see below)
    First 3 Star Champion - Thor
    First 4 Star Unlocked - Invisible Woman. I sold that one.
    First 4 Star Champion - Hulkbuster
    First Five Star Unlocked - Pretty sure it was Phoenix
    First Five Star Champion - nope
    First PvE Win (if none what was you highest finish) Don't think I've placed better than top 100
    First PvP Win (If None What was you highest finish) 2nd place in my very first Balance of Power (Juggernaut ftw), won 3 Steve Rogers covers
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First 2 Star Champion: Ares or Thor
    First 3 Star Unlocked (if you can remember): Patch
    First 3 Star Champion: KK
    First 4 Star Unlocked: IW
    First 4 Star Champion: Fury
    First Five Star Unlocked: OML
    First Five Star Champion: Still waiting... but OML and Cap are both at 12 covers!
    First PvE Win (if none what was you highest finish): Top 50 or Top 100
    First PvP Win (If None What was you highest finish): Top 50 or Top 100
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    First 2 Star Champion - Ares (I went alphabetically since I had been saving covers and Iso and did multiple champs on day 1)
    First 3 Star Unlocked - (EDIT: Bagman is a 2*, sorry), I don't recall exactly, it may have been 3* Steve Rogers from my first PVE win...
    First 3 Star Champion - Scarlet Witch
    First 4 Star Unlocked - Nick Fury
    First 4 Star Champion - Carnage (it's how the covers fell)
    First 5 Star Unlocked - OML
    First 5 Star Champion - ask me a few years from now.
    First PVE Win... don't recall... but I think I joined late and won 3 3* Cap covers.
    First PVP Win... Seed team... and it was tough.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't remember 2s or 3s. I had most 3*s covered when champs were introduced, don't remember how I went about championing them

First 4 Star Champion - XFW

First PVE win- Not really a win, but I didn't realize new releases were given out for top 100. First time I noticed it and got it was for Spidergwen

First PVP win- Not a win either, but first 100 placement for the 3* was for Storm. Broke the shield in the last few minutes to place 98.

• GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First 2 Star Champion - Thor
    First 3 Star Unlocked (if you can remember) - Punisher
    First 3 Star Champion - Mags
    First 4 Star Unlocked - XFW
    First 4 Star Champion - XFW
    First Five Star Unlocked - OML
    First Five Star Champion - PHX
    First PvE Win (if none what was you highest finish) - Don't remember the event
    First PvP Win (If None What was you highest finish) - Don't remember the event
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just curious about various "firsts" for other players

First 2 Star Champion thor
    First 3 Star Unlocked (if you can remember) thor (again)
    First 3 Star Champion still thor! 
    First 4 Star Unlocked Ghost Rider (and then he got left behind by a lot of others)
    First 4 Star Champion Peggy! So so happy that day!
    First Five Star Unlocked Silver Surfer
    First Five Star Champion Ha! Hahahaha! Good one!
    First PvE Win (if none what was you highest finish) t2 or 3 quite recently, though don't remember the event

hahahahahaha! Sorry, remembered the 5* champion thing... Heh! Oh well...
    First PvP Win (If None What was you highest finish) somewhere in t25 usually, never in higher placement bracket

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal said:
    First 2 Star Champion - Ares (I went alphabetically since I had been saving covers and Iso and did multiple champs on day 1)
    First 3 Star Unlocked - Bagman, before they made him rare, he was my first 3* and I rostered him immediately and used him a lot.
    First 3 Star Champion - Scarlet Witch
    First 4 Star Unlocked - Nick Fury
    First 4 Star Champion - Carnage (it's how the covers fell)
    First 5 Star Unlocked - OML
    First 5 Star Champion - ask me a few years from now.
    First PVE Win... don't recall... but I think I joined late and won 3 3* Cap covers.
    First PVP Win... Seed team... and it was tough.
    Bagman is a 2*, fyi :wink:
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First 2 Star champion - White Suit Storm.  She carried me for a long time and is still one of my go to characters in the 2* nodes of DDQ.  

First 3* Unlocked - Capt. Marvel.  I sold her because I didn't know that the 3*s were all worth rostering.  

First 3* Champion - I did 3 all at once, Patch, Hulk and Blade.  Made my transition pretty easy although it did mean hoarding ISO for a while.  Something I am well accustomed to to now that I am in the 4* tier.  

First 4* Unlocked - Nova.  Back when noob brackets were a thing I got a top 5 finish in Nova's release.  Sadly he is still not champed although I have him at 3/5/3 and hopefully as my favorite I will have him finished soon.  

First 4* Champion -  Peggy Carter.  And boy did it make a difference.  

First 5* Unlocked - Green Goblin.  

First 5* Champion - Not a single one and probably won't have one for some time.  My best covered is Capt. America at 2/2/5.  

First PVE win - I have never had a #1 finish but I did recently end up with a top 5 in the Hunt.  Really wanted the champ levels for RHulk and so I grinded like I never have before or am likely to in the future.  Too much work for the reward.

First PVP win - A week after I champed Peggy they ran the Real McCoy and I managed a top finish in just 1 hour of play.  Lucked into the perfect bracket and front ran the entire hour.  I've had a couple of other wins since although I always wait until the final hour of the event unless I am trying for the 4* in progression.  
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Bagman is a 2*, fyi :wink:
    Yeah, I was eating lunch and thought... wait a minute... bagman is a 2*, lol.  I came here to see who called me out on it. Going back to edit it now.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Okay, here goes...

First 2 Star Champion: Ares (he was first alphabetically and I champed all my rostered 2*'s on the first day)
    First 3 Star Unlocked (if you can remember): Magneto (red ability)
    First 3 Star Champion: Squirrel Girl (I champed a few the same day, but I remember champing her first just because)
    First 4 Star Unlocked: Devil Dinosaur (hooray for First Anniversary tokens)
    First 4 Star Champion: Devil Dinosaur (I got a ton of covers in the Second Anniversary, even with the reduced token odds)
    First Five Star Unlocked: Iron Man (I had zero 5* pulls until the token odds changed to 15%, when I got him in the 2nd or 3rd token)
    First Five Star Champion: n/a
    First PvE Win (if none what was you highest finish): Top 10 in one of the Heroics...I forget how long ago, but it was definitely over a year ago
    First PvP Win (If None What was you highest finish): Top 20 in RRRRAAAWWWR in the Third Anniversary...which was quite surprising 

• Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Day 690

First 2* Champion:  Storm (because Blue.  Probably a few others that day, but Storm because blue.)
    First 3* Unlocked: Not sure (for some reason I think Hulk.)
    First 3* Champion: Doom (just how things worked out.)
    First 4* Unlocked: Not sure (Fury or Electra, maybe?)
    First 4* Champion: None (X-23 is at 13 covers, though.)
    First 5* Unlocked: Silver Surfer Red (Pre-Buff, Sold; believe first kept was Green Goblin Yellow)
    First 5* Champion: None (Hahaha)
    First PvE Win: 1st place, Teen Jean release (For 1/1/1, I believe?  Not the slightest idea how I did that.)
    First PvP Win: Note sure, if ever, but possibly a Beast event after getting Jean (Whatever it was, I guarantee I joined in the final few minutes.)

Edit:  Added Login Count
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2* to max level: Hawkeye.
    2* Champed unknown/ max-champed 144 unknown (didn't matter or make a difference to me at the time)
    3* Unlocked Iron Man (was bad)
    3* Psylock/IM/Spiderman (post-nerf) first three to 13 covers. Was unremarkable.
    3* to max (unchamped) level (140 at the time I think): Can't remember. Someone with high health (Hulk maybe)
    3* Champed half of the 3*'s first champ day.
    3* to max (champed) level 266: SW
    4* first unlocked, first to 13 covers and first maxed: X-Force. (Several champed on first champion day)
    5* first unlocked: SS (now up to 8/1/6, thanks RNG).
    5* first 13 covered (champed as well) : Phoenix
    PVE win - um...I think I t10'd once?
    PVP win - someone back in the day let me get #1 for an IW they didn't need. Only 4-5 4*'s existed at the time. I haven't taken T3 since then.