Is the game dying?

Options
1235»

Comments

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Azoic said:
    I have moved on to Gems of War, which is better in every regard. I am actually excited to play again. I log into mpq for the daily, and have put a few pvp points on..and then get bored or frustrated. I wish I had made the switch awhile back.
    I played the console version of Gems of War for a while. I was playing right about when they released a major update which actually drove me straight out of playing. See, in that game you can use resources to upgrade all your cards into evolved versions with greater power. Sounds great, except now you've got the same amount of resources but every card demands them. It drove me straight out of playing. I don't see myself going back to it.

I hope you can enjoy it, though!
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New crash of the titans - Elektra's Ballet of Death is bugged. Good job.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm definitely jaded but I finally accepted this is the bad loot box version of the game. Throw out long term vision, balance, and continuity and make over powered shiny things for people to fiend for. The design philosophy is now "the latest 12 are going to dwarf everyone else in the tier, so why does vaulting matter? Balance and foundational/good game design? That was MPQ 1.0."

I'm reminded of an Extra Credits video on YouTube on accretion - https://youtu.be/tL_bCwiUKNE.

Seems like the direction they are charging ahead on now. Doesn't sound great for long-term life of the game.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    In what way? Haven't had the chance to play it yet. 

She was also buffed recently. Has that been taken into account? 
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Alsmir said:
    In what way? Haven't had the chance to play it yet. 

She was also buffed recently. Has that been taken into account? 
    Ballet of Death is supposed to steal your AP while on the board. Brigby claims that decs are aware that it steals AP even when the trap is not on the board.
    What I observed is that it correctly steals AP from you, but if you have 0 AP in a given colour it just generates AP for Electra.

I was quite surprised when she was firing power after power, untill I realised that even when I have no AP to steal she manages to generate AP.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I didn't notice the Trap stealing AP while it wasn't there (my purple didn't go down)
     or maybe it doesn't steal AP while you're invisible
    not sure which since I was only visible for two of her turns

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    I didn't notice her trap stealing AP after zero or after it was matched away bc she didn't last that long. 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I didn't notice the Trap stealing AP while it wasn't there (my purple didn't go down)
     or maybe it doesn't steal AP while you're invisible
    not sure which since I was only visible for two of her turns

I noticed the same bug mentioned, but I was specifically watching only my black ap which was always at 0 since I wasn't gathering it.  Invis or not, Elektra's red was still giving 1 black ap each turn.  Wasn't paying attention if this was happening in the beginning of the fight before Ballet got out.  
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    People are probably just taking breaks waiting for something exciting to come around because the content stretches this game has are ridiculous. And it's crazy because this has been one of the best years for console gaming in like half decade, it's just made it more apparent, for me anyway, how uninteresting the design is here.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    No not quite, just badly thought out.

One power steals Ap, one power generates Ap.

She can get to a point where she generates enough tiles to constantly give her 10 Ap in black so that you need casscades to win.
    it's more over-tuned than it is bugged.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sold on dying. I downloaded a hacked Magic the gathering puzzle quest. Got all the goods etc, maxed planeswalkers and cards and while it's similar mechanics, this game is superior so they are doing something's right. With MagicPQ it's more complex and sometimes simpler is better