Is the game dying?

Options
therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
Looks to me like the forums are less active. I have a few daily players who haven't played in a couple of weeks. And the competition seems lacking. 

Is this game slowly dying? Having not been on the forums for longer than five months, does this come and go?

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been wondering this myself for a while, less because of the forum's activity level and more because it seems increasingly difficult to find anyone worth hitting in PVP above 800.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Between the poor in game decisions and lack of communication, they have to be in a slump of some sorts.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hendross said:
    In all sincerity, my willingness to recommend to a friend has continually declined.  Now, it's just, no.  I suspect many others feel the same.

I use to tell everyone about this game, but now I'm like "meh"
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a comm I can also add that finding mercs to fill empty slots has been more difficult than previous seasons too. Recruiting 2 or 3 seasons ago was pretty much revolving door now its much slower. Again possibly due to lack of players?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a comm I can also add that finding mercs to fill empty slots has been more difficult than previous seasons too. Recruiting 2 or 3 seasons ago was pretty much revolving door now its much slower. Again possibly due to lack of players?
    I'll second this.  Since the OML nerf, I haven't had a full 20 in my alliance for more than a day or two and recruitment of permanent slots has been much slower.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I've been noticing the same things.

Competition is way down. Easier to get top 100 in LR. Eaisier to get top 10 in pve, the top 10 for the Cloak & Dagger release was barely over max progression. 

And another sign, is the lack of communication that has recently reemerged. 

Forgot to mention which event I was talking about. 
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    they are "nickle and dime "ing us cause they lost sight of fun of the game and squeezing us for as much money. then they will lose the license to marvel and bam game over.
  • crispynate
    crispynate Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's been somewhat noticeable for a few months now that PVE flips are harder to come by later in events.  Also, I noticed this PVP season that the season bracket flips were hours behind last season.  
  • Enderikari
    Enderikari Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just in time for Marvel Puzzle Quest 2: Secret Empire. :)
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Merrick said:
    Competition is way down. Easier to get top 100 in LR. Eaisier to get top 10 in pve, the top 10 in my bracket was barely over max progression. 
    I noticed last season that points were harder to come by in PvP and scores were lower, which actually made it harder for me to get placement. This season, however, points are back up. In my brackets, top 10 in PvE still requires grinding down to 1 and playing optimally, however. I play SCL 7 in PvP and 8 in PvE.
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    I don't know if it's dying, but it sure feels like the devs no longer care about it. 

@Brigby any insight?
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Haha amazing the difference I've seen compared​ to your experience. My alliance purchases have dramatically increased post vaulting and with the new store.

I've found competition crazy high in the last pve due to carol. 6 clears didn't even give me top 100.

PvP I've found no difference other than the lack of OML, which is a joy to a non oml player lol.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Battlecats are finding many new players but finding people that want to build their rosters is a tough thing for some cause all the new characters for them.  Its easy for us established player to develop the new release characters but for a player walking in hot off the street can be tough.  Although the nerf of OML was a hit for quite a few established players.