Obligatory "who's buying the new vaults" thread

Comments

• Agent XLII
    Agent XLII Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Im not buying.

I'm at the point where unless it's a 5 star, I really don't need it. With how many lts/cp pulls I obtain, it's virtually impossible for me not to cover the latest 12 in the vaults so even at 2500hp, it just doesn't seem like a good investment.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I might buy a cover I really need for 2500 HP, but not for 3600 HP.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    20-30 bucks for a single 4 star? How about no.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    If:
    1) I was at a HP surplus
    2) It was a 12th or 13th cover for a character I would use a lot
    3) It was a needed color for said character
    4) Someone not currently available in tokens
    5) And I got the 2500 deal.

Then I'd do it.  That's a pretty short list and no one coming up fits it (lucky thing too, because I lack number 1 on my list currently).

I agree that 4* are not the commodity they once were, so charging at the old rates is silly.  However, people forget that HP are not the currency they once were either.  CP is now the premium currency, and HP are much more abundant than they once were (champ farms especially helped this).

I think 2000 flat would be a good price point for the premium bundle.  Offer it to everyone and move on.  The fact that we know what's coming and can plan/save via it being tied to the DDQ schedule is also a good thing.

The sad part is the big glaring negative (using us as Beta Testers) overshadows what would otherwise be a good feature.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    These days about the only time I spend on vaults or tokens for covers are for new characters before their featured PvP, and only if I have the ISO to level them.  I actually had a champed Medusa for her PvP event and it was just so much fun to see the defensive wins come rolling in from people that are expecting to see a level 145 and getting chewed up by a level 370+ instead.

With vaulting though getting those covers early is becoming less and less important and I'm finding myself with more HP to spend in other places as a result.
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I'm not because 
    1) it's a terrible value for your HP
    2) I have 5 red hulk buster covers, and 2 of the others. Their "personalized" store, with a special offer just for ME, is trying to sell me 1000 ISO in the form of a hulk-buster cover.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Add poll please... doing survey is pointless without it - people wont be reading every opinion to know how many players will buy (i wont - sorry but 3600HP is way too much for 4* AND some minor loot - compared both to other stuff like VIP, or to real money)
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    im going to buy the punisher cover, spend 360cp and champ him, then switch my 4*bonus hero to the next top tier 4.
    it's just hp i have saved up, i wouldn't spend real money. that vision blue bug months ago was a real game changer.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Assuming everyone gets the same colors/characters offered (My store is the 2500 HP, non-scrolling version) the only one I will probably get is the Wasp yellow. That would take about 25% of my HP, and bring her up to 4/5/1. 
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I would have done the one on the first day (for 2500hp), but Daniel is 5/3/4, and I already have another blue in queue (plus, I haven't finished Sim, so I effectively have two in the offing already).  If it had been for either other color (and why the hell isn't there code in there to make sure that it's a useful color offered?), I would have done it.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,050 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought the IF and it's now 3/0/1
    i bought the Medusa. She's now ready to be champed. 
    Was thinking about IMHB but I just champed it without spending. 
    I wont get the war machine o

• Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    No way I'm buying. Way to expensive! Bring it down a bit then I'll consider it. 
  • HariSeldon
    HariSeldon Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I did, because IF was the only 4* missing from my roster since I was too busy during the rollout to nail one down in either of the event. I had a bunch of HP around so it wasn't a stretch for me.

Interestingly, my wife (a player for the last 4 months, in the 2*->3* transition) and I (well into the 4* game after almost 3 yrs of playing) have been comparing purchase options each day. My offer is consistently 2500 HP for the 4* plus a few extras. Her offer is 3600 HP for the same hero, plus a bunch of extras. The other major difference between our accounts is that she's spent some cash for HP consistently as she expands her roster spaces, whereas I only spend occasionally.

I'd be curious to know what determines the makeup of the offer for each player.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I would have for medusa 5/4/3, but of course they pick the color I have 5 in already. What a wasted opportunity. Its like these guys loathe colorless covers.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    If a cover I really need comes along at a time when I have the HP, then probably. For now, neither of those criteria is met. I won't buy HP for them, even if I need the cover. I'm assuming, perhaps wrongly, that they'll be cycling through the colours as they do for DDQ, so I'll probably try to save a buffer of HP for a time when something tasty comes up.

For the record, I have the 2,500hp offers. If I had the 3,600 offers, my answer would probably be no, nay, never.

Even at 2,500 I think it's too expensive, but pretty much everything is in this game.
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    With 2 x black Bl4de on the vine I would be tempted to buy the blade cover (2500), but don't have the hp ATM.

• kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I had a some HP leftover so used 2.500 HP to buy a Medusa cover, bringing her to 11 covers as she is one of the characters I'm most interested in champing and I have a cover of her on the vine.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    I bought the IF one and the MK one as my MK was 0/5/5 and at 2500 it was just a logans I needed to buy.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ended up buying the Wasp 2500 bundle today. I wouldn't buy all, or even most, of them, because that would be a silly amount of money to spend.

But the Wasp cover was useful, especially as she's fixing to leave tokens, and I had the HP and am in the 2500 HP test.

If it had been the 3600, I'd have said no (and I expect to be at 2500 again by the time Peggy rolls around; if the cover on offer is blue or yellow, I'll buy that one, too).
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL said:
    I ended up buying the Wasp 2500 bundle today. I wouldn't buy all, or even most, of them, because that would be a silly amount of money to spend.

But the Wasp cover was useful, especially as she's fixing to leave tokens, and I had the HP and am in the 2500 HP test.

If it had been the 3600, I'd have said no (and I expect to be at 2500 again by the time Peggy rolls around; if the cover on offer is blue or yellow, I'll buy that one, too).

I believe that everyone so far has been first color, so when Peggy comes up, it'll probably be red.