Obligatory "who's buying the new vaults" thread

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
Someone has to step up and do this. Here's what I'd like to see from this:
1) Are you buying: Yes or No?
2) If yes, why?
3) If no, why?

Also, for my own personal interests, are they the same for everyone? I.E. same character I think has already been announced, but are the color covers the same?

Comments

• Beer40
    I'll go ahead and go. 

No, I am not buying any.

Here's why: I actually need the Day 2 Hulkbuster red cover to champ him but I don't have enough HP saved up. With recent changes negatively affecting me, I cannot justify spending my money to obtain him. I do have the disposable income to do so, I am choosing not to.

See, its simple! Follow along!
  • Enderikari
    Enderikari Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I've got a few days to decide on Medusa or Hulkbuster. Depending on how many HP I earn, I might be getting both. Seems to be a pretty good deal for 4* that are a bit tougher to get nowadays
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I have bought one. I will not be buying anytime soon (it will take couple of weeks to rebuild the HP stockpile to the safe level). Why? Because I have 4k HP and I was bored. And I don't mind getting a headstart at 4* Iron Fist. And all the 3* gave me solid rewards in championing (including an LT). So it made sense to go there. But I won't be a frequent flyer.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it had been any other color but IF blue...  Someone on their side should have looked at what covers were given out in sim
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not buying, but only because none of the covers are particularly useful to me. Overall I think the system is a good deal and definitely right for players that are looking for that one guaranteed cover that's been eluding them.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I'm buying. Works for me. 
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Seems like a good deal to me, but I have no use for the IF cover offered to me so I won't be buying.  If it were a Cloak & Dagger cover I'd probably pull the trigger.

I like the idea of being able to spend HP on known amounts of ISO and CP.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. I'm saving my HP to regrow my 3* champ farm!!! So far, I've created new clones for Mags, Patch and SW. I'll need 11,000 HP to make clones of my other 3* champions who are rapidly approaching lv 266.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I will be buying the 2500hp whenever I have the HP and want the 4*, like in 2 days I am getting the Medusa one.

I like a sure thing when I spend, I am tired of the random **** , I get Taco vaults when I have 300 tokens and want the 4*s and the character vaults when I like the 4* too
  • TiberiusKhan
    TiberiusKhan Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I'm not buying, all my HP is earmarked for roster slots for the foreseeable future.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017

I doubt I would buy the 3600 offer since the additional items (6k iso, 2 CP, 4 elites) aren't worth it to me - the ISO and CP are about 10% of what I make in a day.

Now that I am finally at the point where my need for roster spots has declined (all 2-4*s rostered except Hulkbuster), I might buy the 2500 offer on occasion, but only for vaulted characters (non-vaulted characters are too easy to come by). I probably would have bought the Hulkbuster offer tomorrow if it was 2500 and include set 3*s (apparently, some people get an offer with HB and no 3*s), and still might, but I will be getting a Hulkbuster cover on Friday when the IM40 in DDQ will push mine to 183.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its not a bad vault at all.  But you have to have a specific need for those covers.  I'll buy when the covers make sense, but otherwise no.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I'm not buying, all my HP is earmarked for roster slots for the foreseeable future.
    yeah that is often the case for a long while until you catch up and have most rostered, i did not have any disposable HP for the longest time when I was in your spot
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    I'm past needing HP for roster spots so I've been buying ten packs and hoping for bonus heroes. This will be a bit better than that, if they go for the 2,500 HP cost. The specific ones I'll buy are:

• Nova red or black
    • Star-Lord yellow or red
    • XFDP red or black (if I don't get 900 in Most Wanted PvP)
    • Elektra purple (she's 2/5/5)

I'd also buy it for virtually anyone who is 2/5/5 or a variation of that. Not worth bonus heroing or waiting on their essential in that case. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would, if the cover was one that I needed for a non-champed character, and if I had 2500 HP saved up. I may try a little harder to do so now, since one 4* cover I really want is likely worth more to me than whatever I would have spent 2500 HP on prior (25 daily deals in all likelihood)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have the spare HP and I've been wanting to champ Moon Knight (I have him at 12 covers) so tomorrow when his little vault becomes available I'm going to buy it. That's about where I am at - if it's a cover for a vaulted character that I want to champ and I'm at 12 covers, I'll take a dip.
  • Beer40
    So it seems the value is good, from the initial returns, but I am curious because my OP didn't clarify one thing: 

Are you actually going to buy these by buying a Stark or a Logan or whatever? Or do you have the HP saved up? 

Some people have said they don't have enough HP, which makes those clear. They aren't going to buy HP to have enough (myself included). Others have said "buy" if they needed the cover. That's a little less clear. 

So I guess I learned a few things today:
     1) appears to be a decent deal (which is far different from the reactions to previous vaults values).
    2) I definitely need to clarify between "buy" and "use" next time (if for no other reason than to help my own confusion)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought the 2500 Fist + stuff package, mostly because I'm HP heavy and need the extra iso now. 

The value (at least at 2500) is sound.   I won't buy it regularly, but if there's a particular cover I want, I'll take advantage.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Beer40 said:
    Are you actually going to buy these by buying a Stark or a Logan or whatever? Or do you have the HP saved up? 
    I posted in the official thread, but the I'm neither a whale nor a vet and I safely get 1,000 HP/week getting T50 in subevents and getting typically to 725 in PvP events. Once you're getting more HP than there are characters coming out (like about one every two weeks) there aren't many places you can spend it for a good return. This is a better investment, in a number of situations, than the 10 packs I was buying hoping for bonus heroes
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    If you have the hp then cool. Now that 4* champ rewards are a lost cause I'm in no hurry to champ my 4*, and I don't particularly need any of the old covers offered.

I don't feel compelled whatsoever to spend money