Obligatory "who's buying the new vaults" thread

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Its not a bad vault at all.  But you have to have a specific need for those covers.  I'll buy when the covers make sense, but otherwise no.
    That is exactly my take.  At either price point I would buy if the specific cover was super useful.  There are 9 specific covers I'd buy right now with Deadpool purple being the one I most want/need.  
  • Mekuh
    Mekuh Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    NO.

Because if I do buy this and encounter another game breaking bug, I'll ask myself "Why did I put money in this game when they haven't fixed any of these problems?" Plus I stopped putting HP on vaults back when I got 1k HP from Deadpool's Taco Vault and I spent half of them on 3*s 2*s. My HP goes straight to roster expansions and nothing else.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I bought the 3600 HP offer, but that was before I checked the forums and saw there was a 2500 option for most.  I had a bunch of extra HP and don't need any roster slots.  I'll buy when the 4* is a cover I really want, but only via my current stock of HP.  I'm not spending actual $ until the bugs are fixed and we have a better answer to vaulting.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Not buying.  I'd consider buying if it wast the last cover I needed for a character I really like (right now that would be a Yellow Coulson).  I actually like the more expensive version because of the additional ISO.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    I would only buy if It is for covers I would need on new champs. Hence all the upcoming characters I already have champed, and it isn't that big a deal for me to max level out the characters now since D3 decided to make a bad play and remove characters from the LT store. Sorry, but I see this as forcing players to spend money and the benefit doesn't pay off in the long run. If was a color of ones choosing then I would be more apt to buy. As it stands now I will not unless like many have said it for a character lacking the one cover that I would need.
  • Hotnfresh
    Hotnfresh Posts: 55 Match Maker
    3600 vs 2500?... yeah, ok, no. Had they made it 2500 universally, I would indulge. Mine is 3600 so... more lost revenue for them. Idc if I want/need the cover. Not rewarding a company that makes moves like this.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never buying either at 2500 or 3600 HP, those prices are still ridiculous considering how many 4*'s there are in the game.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Not buying now, but can't say I won't change my stance if it ever offers exactly the specific color cover I need to champion a 4*.  I'd need to be ready to champion or at a desperate imbalance though (like a 5/0/5 or something).

Edit:  And it would actually need to be a top-tier 4*.  If it was like, Drax or Venom, I'd still probably ignore it, but Iceman or Peggy?  Hrm.
  • Syleye
    Syleye Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    No
    not until they fix their recent disasters, plus it has limited usage. I would rather spend the bit of HP I get from playing on slots not a bunch of semi usable items of questionable value for the price.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Not buying any vault tokens, that's why they made the bad changes lately, to push micro transaction. 
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I will never put money into this game again. Bought VIP twice, but no more. Developers who stnuted my growth unless I decide to play with the characters they tell me too. Horrible customer service people who close tickets before the issue is resolved. If I need to add a cover, I will just use command points. Much cheaper than the thousands of hero points this costs. 
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    The more useful something is the more likely one is to buy it

Now if there was one with Kingpin Black, I'd be all over that one (2/5/5)

The Moon Knight one is tempting, but I'd still need 2 more covers and a buttload of ISO to Champ Him
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    And I just read the official post and found out that there were 2 different vaults available. A 2500 and a 3600. I guess I should have done some research before I made the OP. 

In my defense, after all the negative feedback recently (and prior negative feedback about "beta testers") I never would have thought they'd do something this stupid. Hahahaa the joke is on me, I guess.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    the cost vs. usefulness scale is tilted too far in the wrong direction. 3600hp for a 4* makes no sense any more. there are 45+ 4's (I didn't care to actually get a real count). That makes them the most abundant tier in the game, they shouldn't be treated so preciously.

If it was 1000hp for this package? yea probably if the cover was useful. I would much rather spend 120cp on a specific cover than 3600hp. I find my CP has less use than HP these days. I keep getting gwenpool greens (already at 5 green), and covers for bad characters like agent venom and riri. This makes me feel like my CP is worthless right now, and I still haven't gotten a 4* bonus hero... all of this has led to me stockpiling CP. I currently have a little less than 800cp, so i'd much rather spend it on a cover than spend 3600hp. Plus, you can easily earn 25cp every PVE (every 3 days or so), plus 2 per day in DDQ, some in champion levels, and at least 10 in PVP every 3 days or so. that means in a week, I can get around 70cp.

I know in terms of their store, it takes a lot of $$ to get 120CP and a lot less $$ to get 3600hp. But I have a use for hp much more often than I do CP right now. Until they make changes I truly support, I can't justify spending resources on things I'm not dying to have.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm a Day 345, S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 75, VIP player, with the 2500 HP offer. I've currently got 9,200 HP, although I have a 5* Hawkeye and 5* Iron Man in my queue. The reality is, I probably won't cover either of them any time soon, BUT I'm also playing the long game and feel like ditching any 5* is shooting myself in the foot in the long run.

Current offer: 4* Iron Fist blue; four 3*s (Luke Cage, Hulk, Dr. Strange, Black Panther); 4,000 ISO; and 1 CP

Pro: My Fist is only 1/1/2. This would bump him to 2/1/2. All the 3*s would be champ levels (an extra 2,000 ISO and 3 CP). Price is the cheaper rate, which is more enticing
    Con: Fist will be in the tokens for months to come, so the odds I'll get more of his tokens are pretty good. BUT, I'm currently hoarding CP and LTs for when Thanos gets rotated out, so I'm not pulling anything for the foreseeable future.
    Verdict: I'm probably going to get this one.

Hulkbuster: Red cover; four ETs; 4,000 ISO; 1 CP
    Pro: It's his red cover, the most useful of his covers. He's a vaulted character, and thus harder to come by.
    Con: My Hulkbuster is 4/1/2. This would put me at five covers, making a fairly unbalanced build even worse.
    Verdict: I'm probably gonna pass on this one. The only two 4* Bonus Hero covers I've gotten so far have been for HB (although I've since switched my BH and settled on Iceman). I'll eventually get another black cover and the final red cover as champ rewards from IM40, who is currently at Level 210.

Medusa: Yellow cover; four ETs; 4,000 ISO; 1 CP
    Pro: She's already champed, cover would net me 2,500 ISO.
    Con: She's already champed, so I really don't need the cover. Not for 2,500 HP, anyway.
    Verdict: Pass

War Machine: Red cover; four ETs; 4,000 ISO; 1 CP
    Pro: Mine's 2/5/5. This would be the last cover I need to max him. He's vaulted, so he's harder to come by.
    Con: He's vaulted, so it's not like I'm going to accidentally pull another blue or green. I also currently have a red cover in my Taco Vault and 60 of those tokens. I think I'll pull those; if I get it cool, if not, I'll use 120 CP to buy that last red cover if I get a blue or green through placement/progression rewards.

Wasp: Yellow cover; four ETs; 4,000 ISO; 1 CP
    Pro: This would bring her to 5/4/3. She's the next one being rotated out of the tokens (I believe), so she's essentially a vaulted character, as I'm hoarding CP and LTs until Thanos rotates out. Wasp will probably rotate out before that happens, so this will probably be the last chance I have to get a cover before she's vaulted. Plus with this build, I can always buy the last cover I need for 120 CP.
    Con: Honestly, none that I can really think of.
    Verdict: Probably getting this one

Ghost Rider: Green cover; four ETs; 4,000 ISO; 1 CP
    Pro: Vaulted character, so he's hard to come by. Mine's only 1/3/1, so it would be useful.
    Con: Mine's only 1/3/1, so it's really not going to make that much of a difference. If it were a black cover, I would be more tempted, but only slightly.

Star-Lord: Purple cover; four ETs; 4,000 ISO; 1 CP
    Pro: Vaulted character, so he's hard to come by. Mine is only 1/0/4, so it would be useful.
    Con: Much like Ghost Rider, one more purple cover isn't going to make much of a difference. A yellow cover would have been more tempting, but not much.

I like the idea of this store, but won't be buying all that regularly, and will only use earned HP. I'm not buying any extra for this. And I'll echo the sentiments about two different pricing structures. It would have been better to offer both options to everyone and let them choose.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    They need this to have an option to pick the colour. When 4cage yellow rolls round as so far it's all the top colour I'll be crying why why why. Want that damn red lol
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I saw first vault with 4* IF and though it's not an occasion to miss. But I gave my self 20 hours of thinking to avoid beeing too impulsive.

Finaly, nope, it's not gonna be a buy.
    I'm winning more HP than I'm spending on roaster slot, so I can afford, but it should be relevant for my roaster. Like commented above, a X/5/5 would be a definite buy. Power I don't own yet could be a buy depending on the 4* ranking. Others are meh.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    No, I will not be buying.  Don't need any of the covers offered except Danny Rand and I just don't think what is being offered is worth 2500 HP.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had the 3600 HP Danny Rand offer and I bought it. I "needed" that cover for my build and the rest of the goodies sold me. Not like I'm doing a lot else with my HP now.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once upon a time you could buy a 4* cover for 2500hp. This makes the set look like good value on the face of it, but now you get covers from pvp, pve, lts, cp, and there are 49 existing 4*s each requiring 13+100 covers.

Unless you're stuck on a 5/5/2 or similar build with a dozen unusable covers in queue that this one cover would rescue, or it's going to be your first usable good 4*, it's not really worth much.

Also consider this a vote of no-confidence. I made occasional purchases during sales or anniversary, or when a change/event came up that I liked.

With vaulting, the neverending bugs, the unending rollout of new characters, the poorly thought out OML nerf and insulting buyback offer, the RNG compensation that half my alliance found useless because of unusable dupes that CS refused to change, the only new things being these little "offers" while we rehash old events, I have absolutely zero desire to support the game.