What will you do with your nerfed OML?

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keeping him and still playing him. He's not that bad. Not as good as he was, but still very usable.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only use OML for match dmg to quickly blow through lightning rounds and easy PvE nodes. So, his nerf has had absolutely no effect on his value to me. No reason to sell.
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I kept my 2/5/4 OML at level 360, but sold off my dupe 0/1/0 for a token, as well as the red cover sitting in my rewards queue.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Qubort said:

Or the fact that some people poured countless hour or thousands of dollars into obtaining him. Also the fact that their scaling forces them to use him. Nerfing doesn't improve that. Fix scaling and he'd be used less.

One wonders why so much time and money was invested in a character who apparently (you'd think from the arguments here) wasn't even that good. Only some of the player base has the excuse that he was the only good 5* when they started caring about 5*s, and I would hazard a guess many of them, by now, have Thanos and Black Bolt in a pretty good place as well.

My next task will be to compile a list of threads where people were complaining that newly released 5*s were better than the Old Man Logan they'd invested so much time into. I'm guessing I won't find many.

My OML is still perfectly useful for what I've been using him for, so this change doesn't really affect me.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keeping him and still playing him. He's not that bad. Not as good as he was, but still very usable.
    This.  I burned more health packs w/ Nefarious Foes than typical, but that could be just from fighting a billion RHulks.  

He's not ultra-sustainable as he was, but he's not XForce 3.0 either.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Only had 3 yellow and hadn't used him for months so cashed in and got my 9th silver surfer and my second cap 
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Mine has like 6 covers. I never really used him before, and I probably won't any time soon. 

Dont get me wrong, I'm as angry as anyone about the compensation, but the nerf doesn't really bother me personally. The reasoning behind the nerf? Definitely questionable at best. But I digress. 

He shall remain at 255 and largely unused for me. 
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I only had 1 cover so i sold him and got a 2nd cover for Phoenix, never really used him anyway since i didn't have the heal
  • frachr
    frachr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Sold my 552 OML and my now more useless championed BBSM to ease up scaling and matchmaking. OML was my unicorn. I've been waiting over 9 months for my last red cover and sold over 10 black and yellow ones. Sod off OML and sod off D3 for your pathetic compensation.

• drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I don't really use any 5* characters. Even at level 300 they don't do as much as a boosted 4* character. So my oml will do the same as the day I first got him. Take up 1 roster space.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Keeping him. No one can combo with Daken and Thanos to clear as fast through easy nodes in PVE or seed teams in PVP/LRs and save on Health Pack usage. Nothing has really changed.
  • JBCDisco
    JBCDisco Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Keeping mine. Currently 5/3/3 level 325, mostly untouched by the nerf as I rarely used him anyways. Quite content staying in the 4* game (34 champed)...even with 3 cover maxed 5s (strange/widow/bolt) around the same level and a couple others I could take over 400.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely keeping him. Like Jamie said, he's not close to what he used to be but burning him for eight covers is stupidity. Now if it were eight covers of choice I'd probably do it. 
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I think it was more a question of the way they did it more then anything. He is still useful for some people but it did not need to be nerfed. But their free 5* token was more then welcome and a really good gesture that changed my mind on them.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only had one. Sold if for the cover. 
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    even though I have an oml cover on the vine, I'm keeping mine at lvl 270 5/4/4.  I wonder if I can get cs to swap it for a 4* cover.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Generally the only time I use my 2/0/2 Logan is for the Big Enchilada, along with 3 star Thanos and 3 star Strange. He's pretty much just there for the match damage, and if I manage to earn enough black a few decent (420 in strikes vs. pre-nerf 618, I think?), so he still gives a nice bump to his partner's passives.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    he'll stay right where he is 
    no regrets about leveling him up to 270

he's only 0/3/0
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    @fun and gun - If I were in your shoes I'd recruit that lone cover, and then sell the dupe for a No More Guns token.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    4/2/3 390

keep him as it makes no sense to sell him for 4 tokens

tried using him in pvp though and he could not survive. Another over-nerf.