What will you do with your nerfed OML?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
We're in a tough situation, but we'll pull through! I'm personally going to keep using him. Partly because he's still the best 5* that I have currently and also because I want to move that 10% usage stat to 20% usage! Use him even more just to register the fact that I'm upset that they nerfed him (if that makes any sense?) (I already used him about every match, so I can't actually really use him more than before).

What will you do with your nerfed OML? 153 votes

I'll sell it! I'm done playing with OML!
5% 9 votes
I'll keep it! He's still the best 5* that I have.
40% 62 votes
I have very few OML covers, so this makes no difference to me.
45% 70 votes
I have numerous championed 5*s, so this makes no difference to me.
7% 12 votes

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kept mine, at 5/3/3 420 he's never been the headliner of my roster and since I don't open classics he never will be
  • krak0
    krak0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Keeping him he is at 5/4/2 my only other decent 5 star is surfer and he is at 3/3/4 and not that usefull.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:
    You should have the option, "I wanted to sell it as a statement of my displeasure...but the compensation was pathetic"
    Good point! Unfortunately there's no way that I know of to edit polls, once you create them. But I agree! I had a 6th red cover that I sold for one token. But I would never sell my 12-cover lv 435 oml for just 7 tokens. That's crazy talk!!
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    3/౩/1 build. Still keeping him,
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    1 cover, wasn't using him so he's already gone.  Drew a more useful cover for a highly covered 5*.   I was considering selling the single cover for iso anyway, as a 1-cover 5* in classics has minimal value.  I probably wouldn't have, but it was worth considering with the current release pace.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Mine is 5/2/5 @390, and I'm close to getting the 3rd yellow on the resupply, so I think it would be crazy for me to sell him (my next best 5* is an 11 cover Phoenix @360). So far the changes haven't made a huge difference to me as I'm not fighting champed 5*s.He is still just fine for trivial PvE teams, Lightning Rounds, and tanking against the level 350+ Juggernauts in PvE.
  • Fluffy81
    Fluffy81 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Mine was 3/0/1 and rarely used him so i sold him and got my 5th black thanos and Blue Silver surfer so i am happy about that
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    0/2/1 level 255.

Just isn't worth one extra cover when I only have one 5 over ten covers.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll keep him as OML and Phoenix are my only fivestar champions. I will open my hoard at the end of this season though, so that makes the nerf easier to bear.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Should have an Other option.  For me, I won't sell my champ 459 OML bcs the compensation is way to pitiful to justify the time, cover, and ISO cost.  However, I removed him as my 5* Bonus Hero (now BB).  And, I will sell my 0/2/0 255 dupe OML.  It's super annoying, but he's still somewhat playable as a meat shield (at least in PVE).  He will continue to pair well w/ Thanos, but I'll just have to rotate out Thanos every couple of matches so OML can heal up.  It's really not going to change my usage (until I get my Dr Strange to 450), but it sucks that the devs felt this was necessary bcs of 'overusage.'  Could've left his offense alone, jerks.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
     Not going to change anything with him. The backlash has worked itself into a mob frenzy and over- reacted imo.
    The fact that did many people are up in arms proves their point about his over reliance.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't use my 5*. At all.

I hate opening a legendary token and getting a 5*. Feels utterly pointless. My ISO income is low enough that it takes me weeks to max out a 4* and I have enough of those I want to max out already. I'm less inclined to utilise my expensive 5*s and mess up my scaling.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I have a 5/2/5 level 435 OML, planning to keep him and still have him as my bonus hero.  I'm pretty sure that he's still great with 5 yellow covers, so hopefully I'll pull that last yellow, champ and re-spec and all will be well.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    I have a 5/2/5 level 435 OML, planning to keep him and still have him as my bonus hero.  I'm pretty sure that he's still great with 5 yellow covers, so hopefully I'll pull that last yellow, champ and re-spec and all will be well.
    Sadly my 5/5/2 is not that great.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still trying to decide. In HoD he still seems generally useful for tanking over Medua/Quake/Strang3 for me so that's got value... but as half of my 5* champs (with Phx), Nefarious is showing he can't pull his weight in PvP as well anymore... so I am debating selling him off and using it to champ another 4* and keep hoping for covers for my 10-covered 5*s sitting at 255.
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I'm debating selling my champed OML. I have he and PHX champed and that's it in terms of 5s. This ruined my play style as all my 4 star champs became useless as I have to always use OML and PHX because of scaling. Thinking about selling him so that I hopefully stop seeing only 5 star teams (since I'll only have PHX) and I can start using my 4 stars again. Thoughts?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    30k HP OML or 10k HP 4*s i have... or maybe these poor 5*s i havent invested a single ISO in?
    For me, OML is still very useful - he still has decent regen plus his red passive is unchanged.
    So no, no way i would sell him :D
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Would have more strongly considered selling if it were a 1:1 cover compensation for him.  Instead, it's half which is just a joke.  And also, rng loves to play cruel games so I'd probably end up with a boatload of 4.5* banner covers.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    MojoWild said:
     Not going to change anything with him. The backlash has worked itself into a mob frenzy and over- reacted imo.
    The fact that did many people are up in arms proves their point about his over reliance.

Or the fact that some people poured countless hour or thousands of dollars into obtaining him. Also the fact that their scaling forces them to use him. Nerfing doesn't improve that. Fix scaling and he'd be used less.

The nerf doesn't impact my OML since he was 2/2/2 and only used in LR. But why would I want to continue to grow a roster knowing that D3 will pull the rug out on my best characters? This and vaulting has hampered my enjoyment of playing greatly.