Options

Comments

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    New McG said:
    Polares said:

MPQ 124!

Thank you for playing Marvel Puzzle Quest!

I don't know if this is a hint or what, but this now looks more like an insult/provocation than anything else. People is super mad with all the recent changes (vaulting, stores, nerfs, bugs, etc.), and this looks like Devs/Publisher is basically laughing at us.

Really unfortunate.

Wow, people are really scrambling for a way to even make saying "thank you for playing" an insult. Good lord.
    I actually get where he's going with that. After the string of decisions that have angered many people, having their only real response to our questions and worries be "Thank you for playing Marvel Puzzle Quest" sounds cold, impersonal, even a bit mocking.
    Or it's the same kind of meaningless "thank you for playing" that most games put on form emails, or how the automated checkouts at places like Walmart spew out "thank you for shopping at Walmart" as a formality. If they didn't have a "hint" this time, they threw that in. If they hadn't, people probably would have considered them "unappreciative" of all our time and money. People are working overtime to find reasons to be mad, no matter how minor and pointless.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New McG said:
    New McG said:
    Polares said:

MPQ 124!

I don't know if this is a hint or what, but this now looks more like an insult/provocation than anything else. People is super mad with all the recent changes (vaulting, stores, nerfs, bugs, etc.), and this looks like Devs/Publisher is basically laughing at us.

Really unfortunate.

Wow, people are really scrambling for a way to even make saying "thank you for playing" an insult. Good lord.
    I actually get where he's going with that. After the string of decisions that have angered many people, having their only real response to our questions and worries be "Thank you for playing Marvel Puzzle Quest" sounds cold, impersonal, even a bit mocking.
    Or it's the same kind of meaningless "thank you for playing" that most games put on form emails, or how the automated checkouts at places like Walmart spew out "thank you for shopping at Walmart" as a formality. If they didn't have a "hint" this time, they threw that in. If they hadn't, people probably would have considered them "unappreciative" of all our time and money. People are working overtime to find reasons to be mad, no matter how minor and pointless.
    I get what you're trying to say, but the point here is that after the extent to which the forums have complained about the recent changes the game made, and bugs they haven't fixed, a thread where you announce coming changes to the game would be the perfect opportunity to at the very least say "Hey, we still don't have a solution yet, but we have heard your concerns and are working on it." That alone probably would have stemmed some of the anger. Game updates are from our perception how the devs fix certain issues, as they typically use that opportunity to announce what bugs will be fixed. 

While I agree that we can't jump to the conclusion that they're not still working on fixes just based on what they say/dont say in these threads, anyone who observed the climate of this forum over the past 2 weeks can see that overall people are not happy with what they are doing. 
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    New McG said:
    New McG said:
    Polares said:

MPQ 124!

Really unfortunate.

I get what you're trying to say, but the point here is that after the extent to which the forums have complained about the recent changes the game made, and bugs they haven't fixed, a thread where you announce coming changes to the game would be the perfect opportunity to at the very least say "Hey, we still don't have a solution yet, but we have heard your concerns and are working on it." That alone probably would have stemmed some of the anger. Game updates are from our perception how the devs fix certain issues, as they typically use that opportunity to announce what bugs will be fixed. 

While I agree that we can't jump to the conclusion that they're not still working on fixes just based on what they say/dont say in these threads, anyone who observed the climate of this forum over the past 2 weeks can see that overall people are not happy with what they are doing. 
    So, that doesn't really explain how "oh, they said thank you, now they're trolling us" should seem reasonable.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I appreciate the break, honestly.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald said:

Brigby confirmed on another thread that there is no character release this cycle, which is honestly fine.  Of course, that also means that the release after that will almost certainly be a 5*, but that will be 3-4 weeks from Monday (with another two weeks before the tokens change,) so that, IMHO, is also fine.

Looking forward to the chance to save up some Iso again. :)

skipping one release window only means they will double up (perhaps even triple) on the next, which many have already speculated
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More time to collect Legendary pulls before Thanos leaves Latest Legends is OK with me.
    Might be a double release when Guardians of the Galaxy 2 premieres.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "Thank you for playing Marvel Puzzle Quest"

Baby Groot confirmed!
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Ok so let me ask this question if there are no bug fixes in this update then there must be new bugs in the update to frustrate us so we can bang our heads against the wall until unconsciousness is reached :s lol
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So what will it be really? Yondu? Nebula? Mantis? A boss battle versus
    Ego the Living Planet
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Patch is out, still no fix for the major bugs...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So when all is said and done, the countdown damage bug is going to be a thing for at least six weeks. Wow. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @CrookedKnight

It was a tricky bug to fix unfortunately. Keep in mind that unexpected complications might arise that causes this time-frame to change, but the countdown bug is anticipated to be fixed in the R125 patch.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why remove the green check mark from pve nodes? Bug or undocumented change?
  • Phallosaurus
    Phallosaurus Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can we get someone besides Mordo? Maybe Hawkeye hanging out with Pizza Dog? 
  • RemcoLoki
    RemcoLoki Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    Why remove the green check mark from pve nodes? Bug or undocumented change?
    This. It was such a handy feature, now we're back to guessing which nodes are already done?
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can we get someone besides Mordo? Maybe Hawkeye hanging out with Pizza Dog? 
    I think we might have a challenger to Chulk for awkwardly long loading screen. The nips and the hockey stick.