The game we would like to play vs the game THEY want

WEBGAS
WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
I am not complaining about the recent nerfs (there are enough posts over this) but I would like to let the Devs understand that they are creating a very unpleased fan-base of their players.
I understand that this is business and they need to make as much money they can from the game, but if they keep their players unsatisfied, their goal could not be achieved anymore.
Dear Devs
We don't need new heroes every 2 weeks....characters that we will be able to collect in a relative short period of time (6 months) but that we cannot level up due to iso shorting....and furthermore, after we successfully champion our favourites, why do you suddely change their powers so that they are not our favourites anymore?
So what is worth for?  Why should I play 3-4 or even more hours each day , 7/7.....365/365?
Some changes are really good on paper ( SCL, bonus heroes, DDQ) but others are awful (nerf characters, iso shortage, vaulting classic 4stars)
new bugs for each updates .... I feel like I am beating a dead horse and I am losing any interest left for this game (that actually is the only game I play on my smartphone/tablet)....It's really sad  :(

Comments

• WEBGAS
    Alsmir said:
    I feel like the new conception for MPQ is:
    1. Supporting mega-whales  in every possible way.
    2. Regular player is supposed to have constant ISO/HP/cover shortage and either spend $$ to progress or quit.
    I think that with recent nerfs (OML) mega-whales will be very disappointed >:)
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS said:
    Alsmir said:
    2. Regular player is supposed to have constant ISO/HP/cover shortage and either spend $$ to progress or quit.

mega whales that already have 3 max champed of each 5* probably don't give a toss.
  • WEBGAS
    edited April 2017
    Not if the next on the nerfing list will be Thanos - Black Bolt and Strange
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS said:
    Alsmir said:
    Mega-whales have moved on to Thanos, Black Bolt, Doctor Strange. Sure OML is still great, but he's not alone at the top of the heap anymore.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    WEBGAS said:
    Alsmir said:
    Mega-whales have moved on to Thanos, Black Bolt, Doctor Strange. Sure OML is still great, but he's not alone at the top of the heap anymore.
    Depends on whether you believe the Devs about the "10% usage" reason for the OML nerf or whether you think they're making the change to boost health pack sales.  If it's the 10%, then what happens when Thanos / BB / Dr S become 10% of all victories?  NERF.  If it's HP sales, then they're probably safe, but it makes the Devs liars.  Counter point is that I guess the whales will have the latest and greatest 5* (or 6*) by then, so they won't care. 
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    WEBGAS said:
    Alsmir said:
    Depends on whether you believe the Devs about the "10% usage" reason for the OML nerf or whether you think they're making the change to boost health pack sales.  If it's the 10%, then what happens when Thanos / BB / Dr S become 10% of all victories?  NERF.  If it's HP sales, then they're probably safe, but it makes the Devs liars.  Counter point is that I guess the whales will have the latest and greatest 5* (or 6*) by then, so they won't care. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    People (including myself) have been complaining about the frequent 2 week character release schedule for years now and they haven't changed it.  Give up and accept it, or just quit and do something better with your life.

It seems to me that the devs are trying to create a long term sustainable game regardless of any rifts they may cause in the short term. 
  • WEBGAS
    Susteinable? With 3 characters per month and no iso to develop them? Also buying stark salary you won't have enough iso  :(
  • bbigler
    LordXberk said:
    WEBGAS said:
    Alsmir said:
    The devs realize that a fun game experience requires variety; that's why they want to reduce the overuse of OML and continue to introduce new characters.  They're trying to prevent the game from getting boring, plus prevent people from progressing too fast, then have nothing new to do and get bored as well.  Bored players usually quit.
  • bbigler
    LordXberk said:
    WEBGAS said:
    Alsmir said:
    The devs realize that a fun game experience requires variety; that's why they want to reduce the overuse of OML and continue to introduce new characters.  They're trying to prevent the game from getting boring, plus prevent people from progressing too fast, then have nothing new to do and get bored as well.  Bored players usually quit.
  • bbigler
    WEBGAS said:
    Susteinable? With 3 characters per month and no iso to develop them? Also buying stark salary you won't have enough iso  :(
    Now you're being ridiculous.  First, you get ISO everyday.  Playing PVE to 4 clears, plus DDQ, plus PVP to 575 pts, plus Shield Intercepts and Champ rewards, nets me about 40K ISO per day lately, which is 560K ISO every 2 weeks.  It only takes about 360K ISO to champ a new 4*. 

Second, people buy Starks to get covers instead of ISO.  ISO just a side benefit from emptying vaults or getting champ rewards. 
  • WEBGAS
    edited April 2017
    Sorry but I don t get 40k iso per day, even being in top 10 each pve (as I am)......but if not 40k it could be 20/30k...it doesn t matter. What s the point to champ a character after months of gameplay if they at any moment could decide to nerf it?
  • bbigler
    WEBGAS said:
    Sorry but I don t get 40k iso per day, even being in top 10 each pve (as I am)......but if not 40k it could be 20/30k...it doesn t matter. What s the point to champ a character after months of gameplay if they at any moment could decide to nerf it?
    Don't set your heart on only a few favorite characters.  Accept that the game needs balance and they make those rules.  If they nerf a character, then try to understand their point of view, because your complaints won't change it back.  I love IM40 and use him all the time, but I've already accepted that he may get nerfed one day because he's "unbalanced". 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quoting life-giving up levels of play to earn iso doesn't strengthen your argument that players should just take a massive nerf in stride. 
  • bbigler
    This is ridiculous!  OML is still playable!  Quit whining.
This discussion has been closed.