PSA: Welcome To Our New Forum!

Options

Comments

• gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Waiting for forum access to cost 100 Unobtanium (though that will give you a week's access and on your first post you will get a virtual cookie worth the equivalent of 100 Unobtanium).
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gruntface said:
    Waiting for forum access to cost 100 Unobtanium (though that will give you a week's access and on your first post you will get a virtual cookie worth the equivalent of 100 Unobtanium).
    LOL
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

React more to a post
    • Not just a Like button anymore. Now you get a bunch of new Reactions to show how much you appreciate someone’s contribution

A bunch just got much smaller.
    And I still can't see my signature on mobile.
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:

React more to a post
    • Not just a Like button anymore. Now you get a bunch of new Reactions to show how much you appreciate someone’s contribution

A bunch = 2?

Coincidentally I played a bunch of events last week. 
  • Sorin81
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Maybe they will give an option to spend crystals and runes to unlock more reactions.
  • shteev
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sorin81 said:
    Maybe they will give an option to spend crystals and runes to unlock more reactions.
    //Removed Due To Off Topic -Brigby
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

[edit] Is it just me or has moderation become more fierce recently?

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. We recently had to remove the Off Topic and LOL reactions, since we noticed they were being used to grief other players.

The intent of the Off Topic button was to give players the power to mark any posts they found were disruptive to a conversation, but we quickly noticed it was used more as a way to down-vote or devalue another player's opinion.
    The intent of the LOL button was to give players an alternate, friendly reaction to comical posts, however we found it was primarily used as a sarcastic jab towards others.

Due to these reasons, we have decided to remove them from the reaction bar, and leave only Insightful and Like. 
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can we get anything to replace them? I feel we need something slightly negative so that we can flag some posts as troll posts or downright silly ideas
  • shteev
    Options
    I've got my 25 LOLs badge anyway, so I'm happy.
  • Sorin81
    Options
    Aww man. I didn't know they were giving badges for that. Guess that's one I'll never have.
  • shteev
    Options
    Is there any way to see all the available badges so I can grind them?

Do I need to pay 60 crystals?
  • shteev
    Options
    Hey, how about some reactions which don't mean anything, like 'sploor!' or 'wabznasm!'. They can't be subverted from their original meaning if they don't have one.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    @shteev  - You can find a comprehensive badge list located here.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    Options
    How do you get awesomes and upvotes and those other ones @ducky?  Have they yet to be implemented? 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby
    I can't'search a forum goer's'posts anymore, only the threads they started, can that be added? (or am i doing that wrong?)

also a marker for the threads that your participated in would be nice.

Other than that, takes getting used to , but thanks :)
  • Brigby
    Options
    @andrewvanmarle

If you go to their profile, there should be a button on the right called "Comments." Click on it and it'll bring up a list of all of their posts at the bottom of the page. The clickable links are unfortunately white font on white background at the moment, but they are still usable and the designer is already working on fixing that.

When it comes to thread markers, you can bookmark threads you've participated in by clicking the star at the top-right of the thread to receive notifications of updates. (Make sure you have that enabled in your notification settings though) It's not exactly thread markers, but hopefully it's an effective enough substitute to keeping track of conversations you participated in
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    How do you get awesomes and upvotes and those other ones @ducky?  Have they yet to be implemented? 
    Those are for features/buttons that aren't implemented on the forums atm. Whether they will be or not, your guess is as good as mine.
  • MTG_Mage
    MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:The clickable links are unfortunately white font on white background at the moment, but they are still usable and the designer is already working on fixing that.
    this is very good to know, I was getting frustrated that I could not see the comments I made in posts I didnt start since it appeared there was no way to go to the thread from there. Making that text non-white needs to be done right away.
    @Brigby
    I do have a question, is there a way to underline text like we had before? If there is no room on the UI then can we replace italics for underline? I like to use both underline and/or bold to emphasize points in posts, but dont see a way to underline anymore.
    One other thing I want to mention that was said earlier in this thread, can you make the main banner smaller and reduce the size of the post "banner" (the blue strip above everyone's post). I see mods are now red which is a good change since this new forum started.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @MTG_Mage

It is definitely one of the designer's top priorities, for sure. You can still underline text if you are on a computer by using the CTRL/CMD + U hotkey.

Ah I see. I've been calling them headers. (Not sure if technically correct, but it sounds good :p) I can add it to the list and see if the designer can shrink those down a bit more. Maybe even push the avatar thumbnails further to the right in the main thread header in order to give the thread title some more space.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    Options
    Also seeing the headers (mainly the red ones like yours @Brigby) on mobile would be handy. Currently they aren't there.