Updated Rewards for Trial of the Planes Event (4/4/17)

Options

Comments

• Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Infested wrote:
    Was hoping for a bigger change in the way of a patch to help with all the in games issues.
    This is just a minor patch that specifically updates the rewards for the Trial of the Planes events.

We will be releasing the Pre-Release Notes for the next major patch within the next few days.
    Thanks for the clarification. 

Reguarding the changes. The rewards still feel off and I still see little point to joining the trials. Right now i feel they are 1/3 of what they should be for the cost or are correct if you remove the cost all together. 
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think TotP is in a reasonable place post-change. I think the target audience is just very small. It's hard for me to imagine it being worth it for a mid-level player like myself, unless you really like the game and want the challenge for fun. But for a high level player who enjoys playing and can hit a perfect score 80+% of the time, it's clearly worth the investment of crystals, and having a regular event without nonsense bonus objectives is great. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Delnai said:
     But for a high level player who enjoys playing and can hit a perfect score 80+% of the time, it's clearly worth the investment of crystals

As posts seem to indicate, high level players do not agree with this synopsis.

• Onus
    Onus Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for upping these rewards, it's too bad that mana jewels are still useless
  • kauppila
    kauppila Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I had posted about this earlier.  The fee for this event is 60 crystals and 1-2 hours of your time.  They should come up with a conversion for Jewels and upgrade the Bronze, Silver and Gold rewards for what they don't get.
    More Runes. Crystals, Basic or regular Boosters.
    Bronze and Silver don't really need the Masterpiece cards, they need good Rares and Mythics.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Find a reasonable way to covert runes to crystals or runes to TotP entry fee and I might be interested in playing, but I'm with the others who currently still use crystals for PW or Premium pack card chasing.
  • Yawgmoth
    Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Rewards still very low. This kind of reward amounts would fit free events well - with just one change that in their case the booster should be at the end of progression and small amount of crystals/jewels first.

That's because playing TIME really matters. There are so many events to play there's no time for all of them. Paid ones should have at least double the expected value of free ones.
  • Onus
    Onus Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yawgmoth said:
    Rewards still very low. This kind of reward amounts would fit free events well - with just one change that in their case the booster should be at the end of progression and small amount of crystals/jewels first.

That's because playing TIME really matters. There are so many events to play there's no time for all of them. Paid ones should have at least double the expected value of free ones.
    If you're paying for something the rewards should be much better than what you get for free
  • Delnai
    Options
    madwren said:
    Delnai said:
     But for a high level player who enjoys playing and can hit a perfect score 80+% of the time, it's clearly worth the investment of crystals

Ok I'll agree that as a mid level player I shouldn't speak for high tier players. But which posts are you referring to? There are only a few posts in this thread and none of them have received more than one upvote. And I don't see many other threads in these forums dissing the changes. I'd say we're far from hearing a consensus one way or another. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Delnai said:
    madwren said:
    Delnai said:

Ok I'll agree that as a mid level player I shouldn't speak for high tier players. But which posts are you referring to? There are only a few posts in this thread and none of them have received more than one upvote. And I don't see many other threads in these forums dissing the changes. I'd say we're far from hearing a consensus one way or another. 

In this very thread, there are posts by themagickman, Sorin81, Matthew, Shteev, Duskpaladin, zw2007, myself, Infested, Onus, Azerack, and Yawgmoth, all of which either refer to it--either directly or through allusion--as not being worth the time, or the rewards being worthless.

This follows on the heels of a month-plus of discussion regarding return on investment in this event, as well as suggestions. With all due respect, I'm not going to dredge through the entire post-update maelstrom to provide more specific examples.

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If I wasn't clear.
    The ToTP events are not worth my time.
    The rewards are worthless.
    There are better things to spend my crystals and my time on.

• Sorin81
    Options
    If I wasn't clear.

• Sorin81
    Options
    If I wasn't clear.

• Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Second sorin81
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I third it - as a mid level player myself, the rewards are not worth it. There are better things to do with my crystals, and jewels don't matter to me at all. For high level players it's the same story I believe. Jewels rarely give anything but dupes for high level players. I've heard all the stories, trust me, TotP is next to useless for everyone except for some people in a very peculiar situation. 
  • Delnai
    Options
    madwren said:

In this very thread, there are posts by themagickman, Sorin81, Matthew, Shteev, Duskpaladin, zw2007, myself, Infested, Onus, Azerack, and Yawgmoth, all of which either refer to it--either directly or through allusion--as not being worth the time, or the rewards being worthless. 

This follows on the heels of a month-plus of discussion regarding return on investment in this event, as well as suggestions. With all due respect, I'm not going to dredge through the entire post-update maelstrom to provide more specific examples.

Thanks for clarifying. I just wasn't sure if you meant something else specifically. 
  • jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TotP virgins unite!
  • kauppila
    kauppila Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have played in 2 (both from accidental purchases of the event I might add).
    I did well in the events (both pre patch), and I have felt underwhelmed by the rewards offered.
    So, I spent 120 crystals (that I was saving for T2 or something else).  Got 2 packs of KLD.  Got some Jewels that i still haven't been able to spend, and 10 Crystals.
    Yes, I am underwhelmed by the rewards.
    In addition, those 2 Trials cost me probably 3 hours of play time to get through all of the matches.  Time that is valuable to me.

The rewards still need to be improved to make it worthwhile.  Especially for lower tiers.
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I ignore the trials as well. Not worth the cost for a former whale
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    how about color boster packs with a guaranteed gold for the low and mid teirs might be worth it then 60 crystals for one gold, they may as well get used to getting dupes early lol