Character re-works, place your bets!

Options
13»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think IM40 needs a nerf. He's not overpowered, he's overused. There's a difference. His yellow is mitigated by the fact that it comes at the expense of risky countdown tiles and a 2-turn stun. His red does big damage, but it's not beyond what some other 3-stars are capable of - plus its expensive and drains AP. Same with his blue. I think IM40 is comparable to Cyclops, another big hitter in the 3-star tier who can battery his own AP with a yellow power. I never hear people say Cyclops is overpowered.

Scarlet Witch? Really? Her green might be the weakest power I've ever seen. It hits like a gnat and isn't that useful for AP generation. Her purple is a nice power, but its spendy and rarely do I see people using Switch to battery her own power.

Peggy? She's not totally out of line. Her red does 3-star level damage, her yellow is unique so it gets a lot of attention, but it's good. Her blue... if they removed the stun or dropped the damage per tile by a couple thousand I wouldn't cry foul, but they each come with a risky 3-turn countdown which makes them easier to counter.

OML? He's not overpowered. All the other 5-stars are underpowered, especially weaksauce Cap, Iron Man, and Banner.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OML will get a nerf......mine is at 2-1-1 so it doesn't matter much......but I hope that all the players that were asking for characters nerfs will be happy:
    You got what you wanted! icon_twisted.gif
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mexus wrote:
    I'm going to guess 3Strange and 3Thanos might be nerfed bc they allow folks to one shot seed nodes in pvp and lightning rounds and shave a ton of time during PVE initial 4x clear by blowing thru easy nodes and goon nodes

I hope not! Those are my buddies for that reason alone.

Me too! But it looks like they are targeting a member of the triumvirate, (OML) and possible weaken the effectiveness, if not the speed of these combos: (3Thanos/OML/Daken) or (3Strange/OML/event boosted)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Posted this in the OML thread but may be more appropriate here.
    As you recall, we’ve been focusing on character updates that increase the power of those characters, and monitoring how well that’s impacted team diversity and the competitive experience. Over time, we’ve seen that 4-star character positive rebalances have significantly improved those characters’ usability and ability to win battles. However, the same has not been true of improvements to 5-stars such as Silver Surfer (Skyrider) and Steve Rogers (First Avengers)

Does anyone think this means 4* like Peggy and Carol are safe? The way it's written it sounds like the 4* buffs have been enough to promote diversity at the 4* tier.

I would like to know before I invest Iso/CP into them.

I assume all nerfs would be announced together (rip the bandaid off) since they already know who is getting the bat. The quote from the "The Leader" makes me hopeful

HOWEVER, since most of their decisions seem to be blatantly cash-driven lately, I'm afraid they will wait for people to blow their resources trying to cover/champ Peggy before she leaves, THEN announce that "changes will be forthcoming" to her (and/or Carol) too.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So, the results are in, Elektra received a pretty nice buff, Carnage was slapped with some confusing changes and OML got the long-rumored nerf.

Numbers aren't out yet, but this off-season certainly seems like a mixed bag.

For those that were calling for changes to Mordo, Riri or either of the Venoms, we'll have to keep waiting.