Character re-works, place your bets!

Options
BatteryHorse
BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Monday after the end of the season is usually when we get word about whether any characters are going to be 're-balanced'. If there are going to be any changes they'll likely be announced later today, so in the absence of any real information let's do what this forum does best: speculate wildly!!

Who do you think is up for a re-work? What kind of re-balance do you think it'll be? Will this be a season of no changes? The developers have previously said they prefer to buff characters instead of nerf them, but if you want to put your chips on the table and call for a nerf, let's here it.

Comments

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would put money on one of the Venoms, particularly Agent Venom. The reworks of Wasp (awesome!) and Spider Gwen (good) have shown that they will rework newer characters. They made Wasp better by cheapening powers and reducing the self-ap drain. That could help Agent Venom, who is kind of the laughing stock of the new 12. His invisibility could be reworked ala Invisible Woman.
    For 3 stars, i choose Psylocke. i don't ever use her for anything, and her powers are really underwhelming and bland. I would like to see her rebuilt from the ground up.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nerf to OML and C4rol.

Only because I want to see the reactions.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also, maybe we will see the long-predicted nerf of Peggy. I am finally covering her, so it will happen.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Elektra is long overdue for some tweaking, but who knows now that she's locked up in the vault?

Of the available 4*s, Riri and Agent Venom seem to need the most help. Mordo, too..

If we DO see a 3* re-work, and I doubt we will, I really hope it's Spider-Man. Just give him 1* Spidey's attack, scaled up to 3* land, and call it a day.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe they'll finally buff Bagman since they gave him his own PvP? He's been a "limited character" because he was so bad, but what if they made him really good?

I love IM40 Recharge; it's so good that I routinely use him with my 4* fighters. Any match without him just feels slow. Nevertheless, if they nerfed him, I wouldn't complain because I honestly believe recharge is overpowered for a 3*.

The funny thing about buffing characters is that you start to lose contrast; meaning that there's less of a power difference between the worst and the best character in a tier. As the movie Incredibles explained it: "because when everyone is super . . . no one is". In a game designed to excite players to spend real money to get the best characters, you need some duds for the good ones to look more desirable. Nevertheless, I will still welcome character buffs.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd like to see upgrades for star.pngstar.pngstar.png Spiderman and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Venom.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If there are any this season, my bet would be on Elektra or Eddie Brock.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    has to be mordo. agent venom and riri at least have a useful attack when boosted. haven't figured mordo out - I think he might really need a cupcake opponent for his ddq day.

if they revisit older characters, Elektra could use some love. like us players, I highly doubt they'll spend any resources on her though. venom too, but I'm ok with him not getting better for venom bomb.

jury still out on fist. he has some utility with cage, but without cage....man he's pretty weak too. talent pull takes a big hit trading peggy for him.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For 4* I'll go with Venom or Agent Venom.
    For 3* Spiderman.

All 3 are rubbish.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JablesMc wrote:
    Nerf to OML and C4rol.

Only because I want to see the reactions.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* I'll say, Electra and original Venom are currently in the most need. Riri and Mordo haven't had long enough being mediocre to be reworked yet.

For 3*, Spiderman needs some form of damage output.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As long as its one I have champed......... then I wont worry so much.

The general consensus ive seen seems to point towards one of the Venoms. Out of the two, I have used with Eddie Brock more. His green could do with being cheaper and hit a little harder. His yellow is ok. His black is a little pointless so maybe needs totally re thinking.

Ive not used Agent venom much until recently when he was essential. The whole requirement for ap being a certain level is too clumsy I personally feel. He needs a big re think.

Older characters elecktra, spiderman 3 star.

My money is Agent Venom as he was featured recently. Who I don't have covered or subsequently leveled. 1/4/5
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Having 3* Hulk boosted once again shines a light on just how much he needs a buff. Even boosted he is just not scary/powerful. Having said that, I would prefer 3* spidey be reworked first. 4* I'm hoping for Elektra and/or one of the Venoms as they all kind of suck.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think it should be Agent Venom. I'm among the few that like Alien Weakness, but I have to admit, Take Cover leaves me scratching my head. He should have a passive that increases the damage of invisible allies or something. As it is now, it's just not very interesting (or useful).

Also, I love it when much hated characters climb to the top of the pack. It's fun to root for the underdog.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lopan15 wrote:
    Having 3* Hulk boosted once again shines a light on just how much he needs a buff. Even boosted he is just not scary/powerful.
    Yeah, 3-star Hulk isn't just bad... he's practically broken. His black passive, which is the best and only thing people use him for, gets worse as Hulk levels up. That's dumb. His green needs more damage output and his red needs to be just a straight-up amount of damage without the self damage or AP drain.

Spider-Man and Psylocke could use buffs at the 3-star tier, but at least they're not broken like the Hulk
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think 3 time would be nice this time.

All of my refuse to rosters besides beast. (Psylocke, punisher, ragnarok, squirrel) along with spiderman would be great.

4 venom getting a better black (probably active), and more damage on green that destroys basic tiles based on enemy or friendly tiles, would likely be enough. He's already like Carnage's BFF.

It's kinda interesting how carnage went from underwhelming to actually situation-ally ok thanks to just buffing characters around him and medusa.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    4* I'll say, Electra and original Venom are currently in the most need. Riri and Mordo haven't had long enough being mediocre to be reworked yet.

For 3*, Spiderman needs some form of damage output.

This. Elektra and Venom are sort of the last holdouts of the bottom-tier 4s, all the rest of have gotten some form of rework recently. The new 12 are a little too "new" to be getting reworks.

Pretty much concur with all the 3s people mentioned. Psylocke, Spider-Man, Punisher, Ragnarok. Punisher has the most self-defeating powers, the other guys are just underwhelming.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Elektra, Eddie Brock and Drax is the order I'd probably put my bets in. AV doesn't need to be reworked all that badly, if they changed his black so you could still use Military Might when Alien Weakness activated that'd do him a lot of good.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Put me in the camp of not wanting to fight new and improved versions of Venom or Rags in all of those PVE events.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd be happy if it were Mordo, Electra or Eddie Brock Venom at the 4* level. Really would like to see 3* Spiderman get some love though.